Downtown Auto Sales

Downtown Auto Sales

485 Elm St, Manchester, NH 03101

Used 877-502-6717

DEPARTMENT of JUSTICE has received 29 COMPLAINTS!

by from New Hampshire |

According to the NH Department of Justice, 29 people have registered complaints with the Attorney General against Downtown Auto. 5 in the last 4 months! You can see the list by looking up "Consumer Complaint NH DOJ" and then using the lookup function in the box at the right side of the DOJ page. I wish I had seen this before buying from them, I would have gone elsewhere and saved myself huge headaches and thousands of dollars. 29 people are not wrong! Buyer Beware!

Rated F by the Better Business Bureau!

by from Hanover, NH |

Stop! Go elsewhere! Downtown Auto is rated F by the Better Business Bureau! For good reason. I purchased a car from Kevin (he seemed like a nice guy). Perhaps he is a nice guy in an otherwise awful dealership. The car I purchased turned out to be defective. Only after I threatened to sue did Downtown Auto agree to "repair" the car at a "discounted" rate. So, I paid them $1500 for the part, installation and a 6,000 mile warranty. They put in a defective part. I returned the car. Downtown Auto acknowledged the part was bad and said they were putting in a second replacement part. Three weeks later they returned the car to me, still not working. The "second" part was bad too. After taking the car to another mechanic, it turns out that the "second" part had recently been broken and repaired, welded, and the housing opened and resealed with silicone. Downtown Auto had lied to me. Bottom line? The car still does not work. Downtown Auto will not repair the car or refund the $1500 they charged for their failed "repair" on the defective car they sold me. Nor will they honor the warranty. Here's what they said: "Downtown Auto is requesting there be no further contact with this dealership. No phone calls, emails, faxes or text messages. Please forward all correspondence to our attorney." So, apparently they try intimidation, too. Stay away! Their F is well deserved. A "good deal" at Downtown Auto costs far, far more than you think!

Rated ?F? by Better Business Bureau

by from Hanover, NH |

Stop! Go elsewhere! I purchased a car from Kevin ? he seemed to be a nice guy. Perhaps he?s a nice guy in an otherwise awful dealership. Downtown Auto is rated ?F? by the Better Business Bureau! For good reason. The car I purchased turned out to be defective. Only after I threatened to sue did Downtown Auto agree to ?repair? the car at a ?discounted? rate. So, I paid the $1500 for the part, installation and a 6,000 mile warranty. They put in a defective part. I returned the car. Downtown Auto acknowledged the part was bad and said they were putting in a second replacement part. Three weeks later they returned the car to me, still not working. The "second" part was bad too. After taking the car to another mechanic, it turns out that the "second" part had recently been broken and repaired, welded, and the housing opened and resealed with silicone. Bottom line? The car still does not work. And Downtown Auto will not refund the $1500 they charged for their failed ?repair? on the defective car they sold me. Nor will they honor the warranty. Their response? ? Downtown Auto is requesting there be no further contact with this dealership. No phone calls, e-mails, faxes or text messages. Please forward all correspondence to our attorney.? So, apparently they try intimidation, too. Stay away! Their ?F? is well deserved. Their ?good deal? costs far more than you think!