Xtreme Autoworx

Xtreme Autoworx

5701 NW 2nd St, Des Moines, IA 50313

Used 877-293-2714

They Can't be trusted.

by from kansas city, ks |

I bought a rebuild from Xtreme Auto Worx and they told me the damage was limited to the sub frame no main frame damage had occurred and the sub frame damage had all been repaired. All documents I signed indicated I was aware the vehicle had been damaged but had been repaired. Three weeks later I am told by local mechanic the main frame is bent in three places and causing excessive wear on the rear end and associated components. I called Xtreme Auto Worx and told the salesman what I had found and he referred me to a frame shop that would have the right tools to fix it. I took it to the shop Xtreme Auto Worx referred me to and the owner there said they couldn't fix it because they only had 20000 pound jacks and it would take at least 40000 pound jacks and that it may not be repairable. He told me that Xtreme Auto Worx would have had to see the frame damage when they made the sub frame repairs. He referred me to a frame shop that had 40000 pound jacks. I went there and the owner there told me there was a less than 50/50 chance that the frame it could be repaired, and the frame replacement would be $5000 to $7000. I then talked to Chris( the owner of Xtreme Auto Worx) and he told me he wouldn't do anything to help me that would cost him money but if I wanted they would try to straighten the frame, however their jacks are less than 10000 pound jacks and as was stated earlier wouldn't do the job. I imagine if their jacks would have worked I wouldn't be writing this. They knowingly sold me a car with a bent main frame and when I asked specifically about main frame damage. They lied and said it was not damaged in order to make the sale. BEWARE of the auto dealer that cares more about his profit than his customers and the publics safety. I am filing a complaint with the better business bureau.

dodge avenger

by from des moines,iowa |

i actually was going to see 2 cars and once i got there the 2 cars i was going to see had issues with them and then i test drove a car that had the engine light on and something wrong with the engine as it was making noise. i won't recommend this place.

terrible

by from chicago, il |

Terrible cars ever and terrible service. Would not recommend to anyone!!!!

Submitted a question - got no reply.

by from Minneapolis, MN |

I contacted this seller with a question about a car. No reaction whatsoever! It's not smart to ignore your customers, you know...

Great auto body work and helpful employees!

by from West Des Moines, Ia |

I was in an accident and my car had some extensive damage. I shopped around the area and some of the local, big car dealership quotes to repair my car were absolutely astounding. A friend told me about Xtreme Autoworx, and I'm glad I checked them out. They worked with me and gave me an honest price to repair my car. I thought they did a great job with making it look like new. They even detailed my car for free. They took care of me in what was a very stressful situation. I hope I don't get in another accident, but if I do I will definately go back to this place! Thank you Xtreme Autoworx!

Nice Job Guys

by from Des Moines, IA |

I was out looking for a car for me and my wife. I stopped in to look at a certain car that I foud very nice. We test drove the car two time before we made the choice to purchase this vehicle. The team at Xtreme Autoworx was very helpful and very friendly. I since then have told a friend about my experience and learned that she as well has purchased a vehicle from them. I got a car that had a prior salvage title and the team there explained to me what that ment. I have to say that this car is very nice and I love it. I would not think twice about going back to them when Im looking for another car.

Shady scam artists

by from Baxter, IA |

Bought a used vehicle, within 24 hours airbag lights are on and don't go off. Day 4 I find out the front differential is severely warped and leaking. I had noticed a spot of oil on the grass 2 days before I bought it and was assured they had looked at it and "the guys in the shop were messy changing the oil" is the answer I got. Swore that it had never had a leak before. Upon talking to the owner he showed no remorse what so ever and basically told me tough luck. And to top it off I paid with a money order which means the title should have been given to me the day of sale, well a week later I still have no title and when I called I got "ya I think it's still here". I mean come on. Lesson learned, never buy from such a shady dealer.

Xtreme Autoworx responded to this review

August 24, 2012

A lot vehicles in Iowa are sold AS-IS NO Warranty or guarantee. The vehicle that she purchased was a 2008 Ford F-150 with 67k miles and held a prior salvage title that the customer knew about. The customer drove the vehicle on a Thursday,drove it again on Friday and came in on Saturday with two guys that went over the vehicle. On Monday she came in and purchased the vehicle. We did not hear a complaint until 7 days later. We offered to take a look at the vehicle and try to resolve the problem, But she insisted she was not paying for anything. I mean come on when do you take ownership of a vehicle? We are selling Used Pre-owned vehicles. As a dealer in Iowa there is a 15 day grace period on titles