Tyler Toyota Buick GMC

200 S 45th St, Mt Vernon, IL 62864

New 877-241-3318
Used 866-695-7116
Service 866-363-2926

Your best connection for your next automobile

Great experience

by from Louisville, ky |

had a great experience dealing with all the folks at Tyler Toyota, they were friendly and helpful all along the way. They went the extra mile and stayed open late for us as we were driving from several hours away to buy the car. Highly recommend.

Don't count on their price, they lie.

by from Fairfield, Ill |

I came in and said I was shoping for a new Camry. They gave me a price and I said I would call them back the next day after the golf scramble. When I called, I asked if they would honor the price,they said they would. So I said I would drive on over, Over 40 Miles. I said I had a Lexus that needed new tires I'd sell for $4000. They played around for an Hour Then said they wouldn't honor their original price,they raised it $1000 , And said my Lexus need new brakes and tires. I had already told them about the tires. I had also had a wheel alignment-rotors turned-and new brakes receintly. I'm glad I found about this-They might lie about any service needed in the future. If you are thinking about trading with Tylor don't beleive what they say. I buy lots of cars, trucks, and tractors and this is the most high pressure dealorship I have seen. I would never trade here and would never ever have service done here, they might do unnessary costly work.

September 24, 2014

Hello Sir, I am very sorry to hear about your experience here at Tyler's. I want to assure you we are a very laid back dealership with the customers thoughts and concerns as our first priority here. The $1000.00 discrepancy was Toyota Loyalty Cash which is for someone whom had previously purchased a Toyota Camry. Here at Tyler's we stand by our word on our prices and deals. Our main goal is customer satisfaction and we strive to meet that with every customer.

very put off

by from Woodlawn |

I was in about a week ago was eager to test drive a vehicle. Everything was smooth until I came back. I believe he was the manager Jarrod is his name. I couldn't believe what I was hearing while waiting on the numbers of the vehicle. I could hear him cussing at the sales man using very profane words. I could also hear him mouthing about the deal. In my profession I would never want someone like that working in my business. I understand not every deal the manager is gonna like but that's the car business and that's why you negotiate a deal. I will never be back unless there is a new manager and I will be telling everyone I know about the poor customer service and the profanity that was used towards the salesperson loud enough for the customers to hear. Jarrod is very unprofessional and needs to learn how to respect people.

Trade-in Nightmare

by from Collinsville, Oklahoma |

We recently bought a new car online. The new vehicle was an excellent price. Before traveling 7 hours to pick up the vehicle, I sent numerous photos of our trade-in vehicle to see if I should sell locally or trade to Tyler Toyota. I asked rep if he would share the photos and the new sticker showing all equipment with the used car mgr and give me a range of what they would allow. To my surprise, their rep got back to me with a price range with the lower number $2,000 above what I expected. I confirmed that this range was solid if the vehicle was like I represented it. I did not want to drive our vehicle the 7 hour drive unless I was pretty confident that they were good with the quote. Otherwise, we were going to fly to St. Louis. Our vehicle had been struck from the rear requiring a replacement of the rear bumper cover & there was a tab broken not affixing the cover appropriately on one side which I had not noticed. I understood a deduction for this but was astonished when they offered a trade-in deduction from the low end of their range more than twice the cost of replacing the bumper cover which they quoted at $1800+. They offered $4,000 below the low end of their range which they had given me. Things such as the vehicle being FWD rather than AWD was brought up (the original sticker had been photographed and sent to them along with photos....the vehicle was represented as a FWD all along). Then, we just don't have a real good "feeling" about your trade, etc. After a very disturbing period of negotiation they came back up $1,500 and we accepted but not pleased. We were not excited about driving two vehicles back and finally got to the point that we were demanding our $1,000 deposit back and wanted out of the new vehicle sale and we'd go home in the vehicle we came in. At that point, they seemed to get a little more serious regarding their offer on our trade-in. Not a pleasant experience! I had the voice mail still on my cell phone and played back to the dealership mgr! We prefer to not deal with folks who do not stand behind their word. We simply asked for the mathematics as to how they could be offering $4,000 below the low end of the range they had given us by phone. They seemed to lack concern regarding their commitment but wanted to talk about what they pay for cars at the auction, etc. Glad to have concluded a trade which still ended up being pretty good but expect people to be up front and honest. We have been toyota customers for years and never had such an unpleasant experience!

Great prices but even better customer service.

by from Mt. Vernon, IL |

I went to Tyler Toyota on the 21st of April 2014. I went there to look at a 2007 RAV4. I called ahead to let them know I was coming. I originally spoke to Trey and he directed me to Jeff one of the sales staff. Jeff was honest, laid back, and extremely professional. If he didn't know an answer he said let me ask someone else! I had the RAV4 taken to an independent mechanic and everything that Jeff told me about the car was true. It was a great car at a great price. I had checked the Kelly Blue Book price and Tyler Toyota pricing was right on the money. I bought the RAV4 from Tyler Toyota and I would buy from them again!

excellent service

by from mtv Illinois |

I have purchased many cars from Tyler's and have always been treated well. Their service department is very efficient and the work is excellent.

October 7, 2013

Thank you for the kind words Sam. It is our goal as a dealership to ensure customer satisfaction as the #1 priority when selecting either a New or Pre-Owned vehicle from Tyler's Toyota, Buick - GMC! Have a great day!

Minister

by from Mt. Vernon, IL |

Prompt courteous service that typically exceeds expectation.

September 16, 2013

Mr. Sprinkle, Thank you for your review on cars.com. We truly do appreciate the opportunity to take care of you and service your car. We look forward to seeing you again for your next automotive need.

Great customer service. Highly recommended!

by from Vincennes, IN |

We came from 2 hours away to look at a vehicle at Tyler Toyota. We arrived at closing time, but the staff stayed late and were very helpful. Everyone was very professional and friendly and offered great customer service. I highly recommend this dealership!!! We decided to buy and they processed everything quickly and we are very happy with our purchase!

September 12, 2013

Mrs. Smith, It was a pleasure working with you to make your vehicle purchase a smooth and easy transaction. We go to great strides to ensure that every customer is treated like a valued guest in our home. We look forward to having you as customers for life!

Great Service, Warm Reception

by from Kell,IL |

I bought two of my cars at Tyler! They're like family! Always willing to be helpful...and service is Very accommodating to my needs! They drove me back to work and picked me up, and always with a smile!

July 19, 2013

Vic, thank you so much for allowing us to help you keep your vehicle in top condition. We appreciate your business and are glad you are satisfied with the service that you get at Tylers! Sincerely, Tyler Toyota Buick GMC

Great experience

by from Mt. Vernon, Illinois |

We drove onto Tylers lot looking at vehicles and not really thinking that we would buy one today. Karl met us on the lot and asked us what we were looking for. We told him a suv, and he showed us around and explained what they had in new vehicles. We told him that we didnt have to have new so he showed us what he had in used. We test drove a couple of vehicles and told him that we would probably be back. He wasnt pushy and told us ok that he would be there til 6pm. We checked out a few other dealers in Mt. Vernon and the other salesmen werent as knowledgeable or seemed like they were interested in selling us one..Big mistake..We went back to Karl and bought a 2012 chevy equinox..Thank You, Karl, keep up the good work..

April 10, 2013

Diane, Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review for our dealership and Karl. He will be very pleased that you were happy with your service and so will his manager. We hope you love your new Equinox and we greatly appreciate your business. Sincerely, Tylers

Excellent Dealership

by from Salem, IL |

Very friendly. Highly professional. All staff and support staff extremely knowledgable.

April 10, 2013

Thank you so much Kyle and Shelley for stopping by Tylers for your car purchase. We greatly appreciate your business and your nice comments. Sincerely, Tylers