American Pride Automotive

American Pride Automotive

1939 George Washington Mem Hwy, Yorktown, VA 23693

Used 877-472-3736

Auto service and sales you can trust

Great buying experience

by from chesapeake, VA |

We bought a Honda Fit for our daughter to drive, and eventually take to college. We originally looked at another vehicle, but in talking to the sales rep, we expanded our thinking to a few others that were on the lot. These were actually better for her intended uses, and we made the deal. The price was great, the car was clean and had been serviced, and we got a fantastic interest rate. Very pleased, particularly considering we drove an hour to shop there!

Overall good experience

by from Richmond VA |

The dealership is small and unimpressive but I had a good experience working with Curtis who was honest with me and worked with me to get into a good vehicle at a great price. The processing fee was half that of the larger dealerships.

American Pride Automotive responded to this review

June 7, 2014

Thank you so much! I'm glad you had a good buying experience here at American Pride. We are a small, family owned business serving the peninsula, York county, and Williamsburg area. We strive to keep our overhead low but our service quality high. Please come back and see us if you need service on your car. What we may lack in facilities we make up in service. Thank you again!

Buyer Beware

by from Williamsburg, VA |

First, I found the car on line and it seemed to meet all my needs. The salesman was nice and friendly...everything seemed fine. He seemed like he was in charge and said to drive it around and that they would "fix" any problems that I found. Of course, being my first car purchase I believed them. I found issues and took it back less than three weeks later and the car needed a lot of work. Brake pads and rotors, belt tensioner adjustment. sway bar end caps, axle seals and license plate lights. They fixed the broken windshield wiper hose that we noticed before we left the lot and immediately denied responsibility for fixing everything else saying the car "passed inspection" but they would talk to the boss. After waiting a day, they carefully pointed out each and every thing that was not covered by the warranty and of course the verbal promises were forgotten. They did fix the brakes and the tensioner however, left me with everything else to do. I don't understand how a car can pass inspection with bad brakes and lights out but it just goes to show that inspections stickers don't tell you the whole story. Boy am I getting an expensive education now that I really don't need. I will never return to this shop again, for anything.

Be Careful

by from Williamsburg, VA |

My son purchased a car from the Williamsburg location. Car was very clean. Price was good. That's where the good part ends. Word of advice for anyone looking to buy a car from these guys: Take it to a local Autozone and have them run a diagnostic check for recent codes. And read the "warranty" fine print. It's basically worthless. Two problems surfaced within 2 weeks, one on the day he drove it off the lot. APA took no responsibility for either problem and gave us an estimate of over $1400 to replace 2 catalytic converters (which can be purchased online for about $350). They pride themselves on "service" to our Military. Right.

Excellent Customer Service and Knowledgable Staff

by from Poquoson, VA |

The service team at American Pride has been great! They are helpful and up front with when they will get to your vehicle. They are knowledgeable and informative as well. They have done a wonderful job with servicing our aftermarket Jasper transmission installed by another dealership and repaired by American Pride. They have been great about working with Jasper to service and replace the part under warranty. Jasper has been wonderful with standing by their warranty as well. I appreciate a company that I can trust my vehicle repairs to and I have found that in American Pride.

American Pride

by from WIlliamsburg Va |

Gerald Bradshaw was awesome in my dealing with buying this 07 Prius. It was a consignment car and we had some issues with the car and what the owner would pay for...the owner is out of the country. Gerald dealt with the issues very professionally as his 30 plus years of being in the industry showed. Bottom line a new AC unit had to be put in unbeknowst to all. As it worked out, I could walk away or they would put in a new one at owners agreed expense. It all worked out great and I have the prius happily. Thanks Gerald! and God bless , it was a pleasure to deal with you.

American Pride Automotive responded to this review

September 4, 2012

Thanks for the review. Most people don't take the time to do a review. Thanks for the comment and it was my pleasure doing business with you.

Great place to do business!

by from Eastern Shore, VA |

I just recently bought a used Mini Cooper from Gerald at American Pride in Yorktown, Virginia. I can't say enough about this man. He was honest, very pleasant, and straightforward. No pressure and goes the extra mile for the customer. If you are looking for a good used car with no fuss or tricks, go see Gerald!!

excellent people and quality workmanship

by from Newport News, VA |

If your looking for professionalism and customer service, THIS IS THE PLACE! In addition to what service on your car you require they also check everything else and assist you in planning for future mechanical services. Pricing is spot on and there are many discounts depending upon where you work or if you are retired. I wholeheartedly recommend them to you.

Don't Trust The Car Description

by from Chester, VA |

I live about two hours away. I was told the car was in perfect condition. No scratches, dents, or damage of any kind. I left work early and drove all the way to Yorktown. The car was in terrible shape. It had significant damage to the tailgate and bumper, and a burned out HID headlight. I would not trust the online description or anything the salesman says. You are better off buying Certified Preowned.