Bob Poynter Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM

3020 N National Rd, Columbus, IN 47201

New 888-614-2281
Used 888-467-3915
Service 888-237-4740

Bob Poynter Columbus' sales staff is here to answer all your automotive questions,

Great Experience!!!

by from Nashville, IN |

Bob Poynter Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge was an excellent experience. Although not a pro by any means, I used to sell cars. I'd like to think I have seen my fare share of dealerships and people. I would not hesitate to send anyone to them. They are easy to work with, fair and honest!! There is no hassle or games. I was truly impressed and very satisfied. Great group of people!! Thanks again!

March 16, 2013

OMG Tom!!! I think we are all blushing at your fantastic review. Thank you for choosing Bob Poynter Columbus and be sure to send all of Nashville our way! You guys rock!

Will not return

by from Columbus, In |

I purchased my car here in 2008. I've always had oil changed here. At 35k miles aprox 1.5 years ago I was advised I needed serious repairs. I found this unlikely as my car showed zero symptoms of the alleged issues. I easily confirmed this with a quick google search. I learned this particular problem generally doesn't occur until after 100k miles. I continued to get the oil changed here after that. Now at 52k miles I was again advised of the same serious and costly issues. My car still does not exhibit any symptoms. I was also told my tires had worn evenly, so I asked "oh so did you even rotate them"? And the technician never answered me straight. Just to put these two experiences I had in columbus into perspective-- both times I was warned of eminent danger if I didn't schedule a repair happened to be the only times I had my son with me. I am also a woman. I certainly know what conclusion I have drawn. I also know I will no longer return to Bob Poynter Columbus for any reason. Thank you for proving that you use scare tactics on women.

Stay Away From These Unprofessionals

by from Carmel, IN |

I had been in contact with Shawndra. I drove from Carmel, IN to Columbus to look at a car that I have been researching and looking for 8 months. I had the title to my car and and cash. I was going to be in the area later in the day so I came earlier to look at the car I thought I wanted to buy. When I get there no one knows I am coming (I had just emailed and heard back from Shawndra 20 min previous) and they cannot find the car. And finally decided it has a deposit on it. Salesman ask me if I would like to drive a Black one. Seriously???? I have been researching for months for the color and make car I want and you want to bate and switch me? I am a Realtor and I am not about to deal with that sort of salesmanship. My husband was a new car salesman when we were first married. He bought and restored Vettes and motorcycles over the years which we sold. We bought auction cars for years and since he past away I have personally bought 2 cars off of ebay. These folks are so unprofessional!!!. No way would I trust a dealership with sales folks like this!!! Oh and the ridiculous automated emails continued after I had made personal contact with Shawndra. That is so unprofessional!! I even responded an automated email at which time Shawndra said she would take me off the automated list. They were still coming even after I walked out. These folks need some serious sales training. Don't waste your time.

Ready to accommodate.

by from Cincy |

Worked with internet rep, Shaundra. She was extremely helpful and worked to get the deal that was satisfactory to both of us. If they were closer to Cincy, would continue to get service and future buys from them.

will not go back

by from columbus, indiana |

will not go back to this dealer for repairs or service. They were only interested in fixing the recall items and not what was truly wrong with my vehicle.

October 2, 2012

I'm very sorry to hear this!!! As the General Manager of the store I am completely responsible if something goes wrong. I wish you and I could meet and at least discuss what happened. I'm sure you and I can come to a very quick and satisfactory resolution. Please give me a chance to address this by contacting me at the store or via email at service@bobpoynter.com. It would be my pleasure to help. - Mark Begley, General Manager

owner just doesn't care (Bob Poynter Jr.)

by from Seymour, IN |

After taking my cart in many times for a simple repair I had to finally take is to another dealership who fixed it in 1.5 hours and corrected the damage the pointer dealership caused. I spoke with Hyundai who clearly stated that it should have been fixed under warranty and advised that I should take the vehicle to Skillman instead. I was lied to and treated poorly in every interaction with the General Manager Mark. After trying for months to make an appointment with the owner through either of his stores, it became clear to me that he had no interest in his customers concerns as he would not call me back. I had also been shopping for a new car. They never have any inventory to amount to a hill of beans. Besides, I have bought two other cars here and there have always been issues. The only reason I ever went back was the dealerships proximity to me. After the great customer service I received from Skillmans dealership in Greenwood, I will drive the extra hour for now on and would advise anyone else to do the same. the other option is to choose to buy something he does not sell, something other than Ford, Crysler, or Hyundai. What a shame. Someone please buy him out.

May 5, 2012

I greatly apologize for any unhappiness with my service department. Asking Hyundai for free tires when you failed to maintain your vehicle isn't how your warranty works. We are not your servicing dealer and have not been maintaining your vehicle for you. Matter of fact, we have only seen you once since you bought your car. When asked for receipts to show that any maintenance had been performed, you were unable to produce even one. Had we been servicing your vehicle for you, we would have provided proof to Hyundai that you were fulfilling the recommended maintenance and this should be covered by the warranty. But you were unable to produce any documentation that would have helped us get the problem resolved. Instead, you just wanted to yell and scream. I wish we would have been performing your regular maintenance because we provide a complimentary multi-point vehicle inspection at each service visit and would have noticed any pre-mature tire wear caused by a defect well in advance of your tires being damaged. Unfortunately, you were not satisfied with our attempts to resolve this issue. We offered to sell you tires at our cost and we would mount and balance them FREE OF CHARGE. We tried our best to make you happy but that obviously wasn?t enough for you. I?m glad you have come to some resolution and wish you and your vehicle the very best. I?m sure the people reading this review are quite aware of the tremendous reputation that the entire Bob Poynter organization has earned through 33 years of serving the Columbus and Seymour communities. We appreciate their business and look forward to earning their continued trust and support.

best buying experience I have had.

by from Columbus,Indiana |

I too am over 50 years old and had never bought a new car.Les,the salesman did a wonderful job of making me feel comfortable with the whole car dealership thing(Iam sure everone knows what that means)Iwas very impressed with his knowledge of the product he sales.I was in and out of the dealership in a little over two and a half hours with a new Dodge Caliber,and could not be happier.If you are looking for a car,go see these guys,they are great!

would buy here again

by from Indianapolis |

bought a used toyota here. salesman was helpful and low pressure. especially liked the finance guy, he really went out of his way.

Wonderful experience! Highly recommend this dealer

by from Indianapolis |

I'm almost 50 years old, and have never had such a stress-free car purchase. It was actually fun! We worked with Jeff Arnold, who was great, and everyone else was friendly too. Unlike any other dealer, they keep their website up-to-date, and this was critical in helping me find my car (a 2012 Hyundai Elantra). There was no pressure, NO bogus charges--not even a documentation fee, which saves you anywhere from $200 to $600 right there. Also, their price beat everyone else's, on a car that no one else was even dealing on (some places were even charging more than MSRP!). Jeff kept in touch via email throughout the process just to touch base, but was never annoying. He also keeps in touch after the sale to see how things are going and to answer questions. I have four Hyundai dealers in my city, but drove 55 miles to buy from this one. I may even take it down there for service when I can. This is a one-of-a-kind dealership that I very highly recommend.

October 2, 2011

Thanks for the kind review! It's our mission to change the perception that buying a new car has to be a terrible, gut wrenching experience. We update and maintain our website daily with below market, no hassles prices to further prove that "We Really Do Sell For Less"