CarMax Potomac Mills

(3.0) 4 Reviews

2439 Research Ct, Woodbridge, VA 22192

Carmax -Woodbridge VA...horrible experience

by from Woodbridge VA |

Horrible! They low-balled their appraisal of our used vehicle as if they thought we were so desperate to get rid of it that we'd just give it to them. In fact, they actually admitted to me they were going to sell it for $7,000 more than their appraised value! Next they tried charging us an inexplicable $199 "processing fee" but none of the employees knew what it was for...heck, all the processing is paperless! Their tactic is to charge you any kind of fee, but as long as they tell you they're charging it, they're being honest. What a load of bunk. These guys were just stereotypical sleazy used car salesmen, only they wore carmax shirts. What a shame. They completely ruined our impression of carmax, and we actually feel as if every carmax commercial, pamphlet and website lied to us about their quality, honest service. We'll never shop at carmax again. Ever! Thanks for nothing, fellas. Too bad, it was just a matter of minutes that we were going to cut a check for a huge amount for the vehicle. The carmax dudes lost the deal by low-balling us and trying to scam less than $200. And they were pompous jerks about it. Ridiculous. Never again.

IN AND OUT

by from PEORIA IL |

THANK YOU SKIP AFTER I TEST DROVE MY SHELBY I WAS OUT OF THE FINANCE OFFICE WITHIN 20MIN THIS DEALERSHIP HAS THERE ACT TOGETHER I WOULD HIRE SKIP TO WORK FOR ME

Poor customer service... damaged my luxury vehicle

by from Lorton, VA |

Beware, don't take your luxury vehicle here for service, unless you want it damaged! I took my car in to this Car Max location to be serviced. It is a luxury vehicle. They not only damaged my vehicle when I brought it in, but they overcharged me $50 for lubricating my convertible top just to make money. I shouldn't have had to pay a dime, being that my car was damaged. I had to bring the car back to have it fixed. Certainly a waste of time and money (gas)... After you buy a car from Car Max the quality of service you recieve when you bring it in to have it repaired is very poor. The manager Josh, didn't even apologize or try to do anything to resolve the matter. I had to constantly call to check on the status of my vehicle. I wouldn't advise going to this location. They simply don't know how to treat their customers. They are obviously money hungry. If I could give them less than one star, I would...

CarMax Potomac Mills responded to this review

November 15, 2012

Hi there, I am very sorry to hear that you are not happy with your experience. Will you consider giving our Corporate Customer Relations team a call at 800-519-1511 so we can look into this further to see if we can help? Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, we are always looking to improve. ~kelsey

CARMAX is all that!!

by from Brandywine, MD |

No hassle from sales to financing ,best pressure free car buying,I have ever experienced. Would and have recommended to all looking to buy

CarMax Potomac Mills responded to this review

April 29, 2012

Thanks for the wonderful review and recommendation, Chuck! We?re always happy to hear when our customers have a great experience with us. Hope you enjoy your car!