Dave's Economy Auto Center

Used 866-609-8691 Used 866-609-8691

Save with Dave

Wonderful Experience

by from Eugene, OR |

I bought a wonderful 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix from this dealership as my first car ever and I couldn't be happier! My boyfriend helped me out (I'm a terrible negotiator) and we had been looking at used car lots all day and all we were seeing for my budget (cash) were ancient-looking cars. I wasn't looking for a brand new sports car by any means, but I definitely had a clear idea of what I wanted my new car to look like. This dealership was the last one we visited and it was so awesome. The man we talked to was very laid back and let us look at the cars without breathing down our necks. We also got to test drive the car out, just the two of us, which was really nice. The interior of the car was super clean, the outside was in great condition. I couldn't believe this kind of car was in my price range compared to what we had been looking at previously! My boyfriend did the jangling and while I feel like they weren't as flexible as they could have been on the price given the car had been sitting there for a few months, I realize I still got a stellar deal in spite of paying a little more than I wanted. They took care of all the paperwork for the DMV for a fee of $152 which was reasonable and saved me the hassle which I appreciated. All in all a very pleasant experience and I would recommend this place to anybody looking for a nice, well-priced used car!

December 22, 2015

I'm so glad to hear how happy you are with your first car purchase. Sounds like I achieved everything you wanted. Thanks again and good luck. Don

not great

by from Portland |

Not a good lot. Car is a lemon. Took forever to buy!

Easiest car buying experience ever

by from Beaverton, OR |

My husband and I have bought & sold 7 cars within the last 10 years. We've gone with dealerships and private sales. Never has it been so easy and fast than at Dave's. We already had a loan set up through a credit union, Dave filled out all the paperwork before we arrived (and it was correct). All we had to do was walk in, sign, and walk out with our keys. SO much better than the last dealership we used who insisted on running our credit through "their system," even though we already had a loan set up. That took four hours. Dave's took 30 minutes. We worked with Don. He wasn't the stereotypical sleazy car salesman. He was respectful of what we were looking for, gave us the best price and the cleanest car we had seen all day. No bull. They're a small lot and their facilities don't look like much. But it's seriously worth checking out.

Great Used Truck Purchase

by from Salem, OR |

I had a great experience recently purchasing a used pickup from Dave's Economy Auto Center in Beaverton, Oregon. I worked with Don Armstrong who was quick to respond to my internet inquiry and my follow-up questions by email. I began my internet search and found this truck on a Tuesday; made arrangements to test drive the truck on Thursday; had a pre-sale inspection completed by a local mechanic on Friday; negotiated a fair price for the truck (based on the results of the pre-sale inspection) also on Friday; and drove the truck home on Saturday. I am very happy with the customer service I received from Dave's and am very happy with my new used truck. Over 30 years in the same location speaks for itself .... and Dave's a great guy too!

January 14, 2016

Thanks Dave for the compliments. I'm glad your happy with your new truck and the process of getting it. Don Armstrong

Stay away if you want a knowledgeable salesperson

by from beaverton or |

I went to Dave's Economy Auto Center to see two cars I had seen online and because of positive customer reviews. Upon arrival, I was shown the car I was interested in and the conversation went like this: Me: What do you know about this car? Salesperson: Oh, we don't know anything. No one gives us receipts for oil changes... Me: Well, what do you know about its history? Salesperson: We don't know anything; we just get the cars. It was a trade in. Me, in disbelief at these responses: You must know something; this is a product you want to sell. Was it a trade in to a dealer from whom you bought it? Salesperson: No. I don't want to argue with you. Me: Oh, so it was traded to you for another car on the lot? ...What do you know about its reliability? Salesperson: Oh, it's a good car. And on it went for a couple of minutes. The salesperson knew nothing about the car , was defensive as I asked simple and reasonable questions, which annoyed him. He obviously is not a competent representative of this company. I left without a test drive because the salesperson was rude and provided no information about the car other than it's cylinders.

December 23, 2015

Lizzy17, It is hard for me to believe you wrote this. I was trying to be helpful to you just as I am to every customer I talk to. As you stated, you came to us because of our reviews. I have sold cars for forty years and consider myself pretty knowledgeable. I did not answer your questions like you are stating here. The answers I gave you were not the answers you were looking for. I tried to explain to you that because of identity theif,people do not leave any information in their cars that have their name, address, phone, visa number,ect which is why I told you I did not know the service history. I will have to disagree that I was rude to you in anyway.

great find!

by from Milwaukie,or |

Don was very helpful & friendly & not pushy. Great service! Love my new car!!!!

December 23, 2015

Thank you Cheryl. I'm glad your happy with your new car. It was fun to work with you two. Don

used car purchase, nice salesperson, nice car

by from portland, oregon |

went in to check on a used volkswagen convertible...it was just as advertised, and i bought it. waiting to get the second key and all will be good!

December 22, 2015

Oscar, I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. The second key was mailed to you. Thanks again. Don

Great Service

by from Tigard,Or |

I found a car I liked at the lot but it was slightly out of my price range. The salesman offered me a good deal & took care of the process quickly. I was able to drive within 1/2 hour of completing my test drive.

December 23, 2015

Carl, I'm happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service. Thanks again. Don

Great Expereince

by from Portland, OR |

Dave and Don were fantastic to work with. Timely with getting back to us, courteous and patient with answering all of our questions. Don took the time to answer questions as we are new to the Portland area. He guided us through registration regulations and took the car to get the emissions inspection for us himself. Great people to deal with.

December 23, 2015

Dan, Thank you for all your kind words. Satisfied customers like you make my job fun. Hope you two are doing good. Don

WE LOVE OUR FIRST CAR!

by from Salem |

I saw the car on this website and didn't really think it was a possibility because the price was a little out of our range, but when we went and talked to them they gave us a good deal and got us on a finance plan that we could actually afford. We had our car 2 days later and we LOVE IT.. I feel very lucky. They were great with us car shopping noobs and made it an easy stressfree process.

December 22, 2015

Glad to hear that you felt you got a good deal and that you are happy with the financing that we obtain for you. Thank you. Don