West County Honda

Service 888-275-9072

Expect the Best!

Best Purchase ever!

by from Pacific, Mo |

Best auto purchase experience ever! Salesman (Chris) very polite, considerate, patient. Had been tempted to go to other south county dealer, but that dealer showed their colors by bad mouthing West County Honda. My years in sales says that if that's all you have to put up against your competitor it's because your competitor does it right! Did exactly as they promised, made the entire experience a joy. Way to go! Know where the next Honda will come from!

poor customer service

by from Washington Mo |

Would not purchase anything from this dealership again, business manager lied about extended warranty and did not have correct paperwork for me when I went to license the car, then it took close to an hour on the phone to get that taken care of, Battery was bad from the get go which I told they would put a new one in took it back twice, service manager said nothing wrong with battery, after 8 more times of jumping it, bought a new one myself and they wont reimburse me for it even though they said they would, good luck trying to get anyone to call you back, not like the old Dave Sinclair ads, if its not right I'll make it right, no way at west county Honda.

Bait and Switch?

by from St. Louis, MO |

I contacted West County Honda when looking for a new car. I was specifically looking for a Honda Fit at the time. I sent a request for more information through Cars.com, and a representative contacted me immediately. When I asked for more information about the particular Fit I was looking at, I was given the run-around that the representative didn't have the information on the car at her desk, but that she would email me more information. She was very pressing on the issue of coming in for a test drive, but I kept telling her that I wanted to know more information before making the 30+ minute drive to the dealership. She assured me she would get more information for me. Since then, I was constantly bombarded with generic emails about the great deals they had, and contacted at least 3 times by phone asking where I was and if I was still coming in for my test drive. I never made an appointment for a test drive. And I never received more information on the car I was inquiring about. It seems like the car they had listed on Cars.com must not have been in their inventory since they were so eager to try and get me to come in. Three weeks later, I'm still getting spam emails from them, even though I requested they stop contacting me. Needless to say, I took my business elsewhere.

Good service, fair price, nice selection

by from St. Louis |

Went in with a car in mind. Had a nice selection to choose from. Service was good and they worked with me on my trade value and came down on the price a bit. Look forward to the free car washes!

Started well, finished bad, won't return calls

by from metro east, Il |

I purchased a car on Friday and the salesman was great. I got what I wanted from my trade and a good price for the new car. It took 2 hours ot get the car ready and the fuel tank wasn't full. The car was an upgrade from the car I tested and I had not driven it prior to the purchase (my mistake). Pulling out of the parking lot the car had noticable shake/noises from 30-45 mph. The car had been on the lot for 12 months so I dismissed the shake as a tire issue. The whole car had a different feel from the base model. I had the feeling that they had unloaded a defective car on me because I hadn't test driven it. Small issue but big for me. It's all about confidence in the car that's why I buy new. This place has a complete disregard for customer service. I tried to contact the dealer about my concerns and maybe work a deal for the Base model ,return or something. I entered the comunication black hole. I emailed late Sunday to get the comunication going Monday. Four emails, five calls and no response. I got the feeling they screened the incoming phone numbers and didn't answer my calls. If the phone was answered I was promise a return call from the managers. The managers never returned my calls. Later I spoke the salesman to see if an upgrade to a different car would work and he didn't return my call. With the chance of getting more $$$$ from me they wouldn't return my calls. Customer Service is about dealing with problems big and small not hiding from then. They will take your money but hope you don't have any issues. They won't want to deal with it. They won't return your calls! I'm done with these guys. All day I was having a National Lampoon Vacation moment. They sold me something I didn't want and they crushed my trade so I was stuck in the deal. One and a half days and no return call. Thankfully we have many choices for good car dealers, this is a bad one. Do not go there.

Not honest about availability of car I wanted.

by from Chesterfield, MO |

After test driving and negotiating for the car I wanted, I was told at the very end that the car I wanted could not be found anywhere in the region. What they neglected to tell me is that the EXACT car I wanted was available at another St. Louis dealer, just not one that will trade with them. I understand that they didn't want me to go somewhere else, but they could have kept my respect if not my business in this circumstance. I'm very disappointed and will not be going back. I drove to the other dealer (Who had 2 of the car I wanted) and bought it on the spot.

Failed to Honor Their Money Back Guarantee!

by from Wildwood, MO |

My wife and I purchased a low milage 2006 Accord LX from them in Oct 2009 at a very reasonable price. As we were closing the deal, we were offered an extended warranty for $2138 that would cover repairs for 4 years or 100K miles. I'm usually very skeptical of these 'add-on' warranties and usually decline, but the dealership was offering a 100% Money Back Guarantee if no claims were filed against the extended warranty. I reasoned that if the car needed major repairs, the warranty would come in handy. If no repairs were ever needed, we would get our $2138 back. Seemed like a safe idea. WRONG! As the 4 year period of the guarantee was appraoching, we contacted the dealership to verify the conditions for receiving our money back. On paper, we were required to show up at the dealership in person (no-problem), still own the car (we still do), and have no repair claims against the warranty (none needed). At first, the dealership passed us off to the extended warranty company. We called the dealership again and explained to them the money back guarantee was made by the dealership and not the warranty company. The Business Manager, Jaime Burkhard, told us that the dealership that made the guarantee was Stephen Vincel Honda and that the dealership had since changed hands to West County Honda. In short, the new dealership would no longer honor the guarantee! If we wanted to pursue this, he reccommended that we get a lawyer. This was very dissappointing! I realize $2138 isn't a huge sum of money and no lawyer would touch this for free. I also had problems with their logic behind not honoring the guarantee. If I owed $2138 to Steven Vincel Honda, would West County Honda not expect me to pay? If a painter had painted the Stephen Vincel Honda showroom for $2138 just before the sale, would West County Honda be expected to pay? When one business purchases another business, don't they purchase both assets and debts? If the buying business gets to pick-and-choose which debts they will honor that seems to be a pretty sweet deal for the buying business. In the end, we expected West County Honda to 'do the right thing'. They did not and we are dissapointed. Please be careful when dealing with them so you don't get cheated as well.

STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE.

by from St. Louis, MO |

I've had, not only the worst car buying experience but the worst customer service experience ever with these guys. Long story short, these guys were selling a used car that was in no condition to be sold. And on top of that, they DO NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS! When I was test driving the vehicle, I noticed a slight rubbing or whirring noise from the rear left tire. They assured me it was probably just a rotor or brake pad rubbing and I, seeing as how they had just serviced the vehicle, gave them the benefit of the doubt and ended up making a deal for the car that night (Friday night). They provided me with a "We Owe You" slip and told me someone would contact me to bring the car in that week. I ended dropping the car off on Thursday of the following week. After waiting in the waiting room an hour and a half, the service tech came and told me they were going to be put me in a car because they needed to keep mine. He mentioned it was more serious than they thought, some sort of problem with the rear differential. He told me himself or the used car manager would get in touch with me later in the day. The day goes by, no call. I wait until Friday after work, still no call so I pick up the phone and call. The service advisor tells me he gave everything over to the used car manager, not sure why, and he would be calling me shortly. Again, no call that night. I call back on Saturday, rather frustrated, trying to find out what's going on. The gentleman that picks up the phone in the service department tells me I need to talk to Nikki. He puts me into her voicemail of course... fortunately she calls me back shortly and tells me they sent my car to a transmission shop to see if the rear differential needs to be replaced or rebuilt. She says she will call me that day (Saturday) or Monday at the latest. Of course, she does not call either day. I call Monday after work and get put into her voicemail. I call back later that same night, upset, and get bounced around to a number of individuals. I finally get in touch with the original service advisor who tells me they're supposed to hear from the transmission shop by Tuesday (next day) at noon and they would be in touch with me shortly after. I get a call Tuesday afternoon from the service advisor and he says they're going to rebuild it and it should be done by Thursday or Friday. I get a call late in the afternoon Friday saying its now going to be Tuesday before its complete. I'm livid. I call the dealership and ask for the sales manager and get voicemail of course. I explain in my voicemail my frustration and that I would really like to discuss returning the vehicle (not unreasonable at this point, in my opinion) and as of Monday morning, I have not been called back... of course. By the way, my salesman was nice enough to deal with during the buying process. He told me if I had any problems after the deal, to let him know and he would go to bat for me. I called him the day after I dropped the car off to see if he could help find out what's going on. He told me as soon as he got into work that day he would find out what was going on. I never heard from him, even after I called and left him a voicemail Friday evening. One of the most basic tenets of customer service is to call your customer back when you say you're going to call them back, something this dealership has consistently failed to do. Also, I'm not sure if they were naive about the condition of the car or hoping the customer was, either way this has been a nightmarish used car buying experience. By the way, I'm writing the review a week and a half after dropping my car off and I still do not have my car back. At this point, they have had it for longer than I have, as the owner of this vehicle.

STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE

by from St. Louis, MO |

STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE. I've had, not only the worst car buying experience but the worst customer service experience ever with these guys. Long story short, these guys were selling a used car that was in no condition to be sold. And on top of that, they DO NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS! When I was test driving the vehicle, I noticed a slight rubbing or whirring noise from the rear left tire. They assured me it was probably just a rotor or brake pad rubbing and I, seeing as how they had just serviced the vehicle, gave them the benefit of the doubt and ended up making a deal for the car that night (Friday night). They provided me with a "We Owe You" slip and told me someone would contact me to bring the car in that week. I ended dropping the car off on Thursday of the following week. After waiting in the waiting room an hour and a half, the service tech came and told me they were going to be put me in a car because they needed to keep mine. He mentioned it was more serious than they thought, some sort of problem with the rear differential. He told me himself or the used car manager would get in touch with me later in the day. The day goes by, no call. I wait until Friday after work, still no call so I pick up the phone and call. The service advisor tells me he gave everything over to the used car manager, not sure why, and he would be calling me shortly. Again, no call that night. I call back on Saturday, rather frustrated, trying to find out what's going on. The gentleman that picks up the phone in the service department tells me I need to talk to Nikki. He puts me into her voicemail of course... fortunately she calls me back shortly and tells me they sent my car to a transmission shop to see if the rear differential needs to be replaced or rebuilt. She says she will call me that day (Saturday) or Monday at the latest. Of course, she does not call either day. I call Monday after work and get put into her voicemail. I call back later that same night, upset, and get bounced around to a number of individuals. I finally get in touch with the original service advisor who tells me they're supposed to hear from the transmission shop by Tuesday (next day) at noon and they would be in touch with me shortly after. I get a call Tuesday afternoon from the service advisor and he says they're going to rebuild it and it should be done by Thursday or Friday. I get a call late in the afternoon Friday saying its now going to be Tuesday before its complete. I'm livid. I call the dealership and ask for the sales manager and get voicemail of course. I explain in my voicemail my frustration and that I would really like to discuss returning the vehicle (not unreasonable at this point, in my opinion) and as of Monday morning, I have not been called back... of course. By the way, my salesman was nice enough to deal with during the buying process. He told me if I had any problems after the deal, to let him know and he would go to bat for me. I called him the day after I dropped the car off to see if he could help find out what's going on. He told me as soon as he got into work that day he would find out what was going on. I never heard from him, even after I called and left him a voicemail Friday evening. One of the most basic tenets of customer service is to call your customer back when you say you're going to call them back, something this dealership has consistently failed to do. Also, I'm not sure if they were naive about the condition of the car or hoping the customer was, either way this has been a nightmarish used car buying experience. Specific people I would highly avoiding... Brian (Service), Mark (Service), Nikki (Service), Corey (Used Car Sales), David Hesse (Sales Manager). By the way, I'm writing the review a week and a half after dropping my car off and I still do not have my car back. At this point, they have had it for longer than I have, as the owner of this vehicle.

I got what I wanted, I paid what I wanted.

by from Columbia, MO |

I got what I wanted for my trade-in, I paid what I wanted for the car I bought, and it was a very easy process. It was a nice experience and I would recommend West County Honda to anyone who is looking for a vehicle. They are very nice people and very easy to get along with. I worked with Lee and he wasn't pushy, he was just helpful. I inquired about a vehicle online and I received a quick response via email. They didn't harass me about when I was coming in and everything was very laid back and easy. My vehicle I purchased needed 2 new tires and the dealership was more than happy to put them on for me, with no fight or trying to find a way out of it. The guys (& 1 lady) in the service department were all very nice and they got my car in and out in the time they said they would. I had a good car buying experience (which I didn't think existed at this point considering every dealership in Columbia, MO- I.e. Joe Machens, & Bob McCosh, told me that I was crazy for what I wanted for my trade in and the vehicle I was looking for didn't exist.) Thank you West County Honda for showing me that my car buying experience can be easy & stress free!

I Felt Taken Care Of!!

by from Webster Groves |

I have bought numerous cars in my lifetime and have dealt with all types of dealers but I have never had as good of an experience as I have had at West County Honda. After dealing with some VERY rude people at a different dealership I decided to take my business to West County Honda with a very specific car in mind. I called ahead and they already had it waiting for me sparkling clean like new when I arrived. After the test drive we started working on the paperwork and it was a super simple friendly process. I actually even ended up getting more for my trade than I thought I would. I would definitely recommend their sales department and since I have been getting my car serviced through them as well the same goes for service Just top notch all the way around