Indy Auto Man

Indy Auto Man

969 N Range Line Rd, Carmel, IN 46032

Used 888-232-0573

Great Cars, Great Prices!

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by from Indiana |

Almost payed the same amount in repairs as I did for the car after 2 days of having it. You would have to pay me to change my oil. HORRIBLE

April 20, 2012

Honest, apologies for your experience. Average price of our vehicles is around $8K and we can not imagine anyone incurring close to this kind of expense. Please feel free to contact us directly with your concerns. We will be happy to help.

Beware of false advertisment

by from Carmel, IN |

Beware of false advertisment. They claim some of their inventory have performance mods and have routine maintence done. Dont believe everything you read from here.Two friends of mine have purchased cars from Indy Auto Man. One of the cars has been nothing but problems. He complained about the service. My other friend just bought his car from there about a month ago. They claimed that it had been modded and had 300 horsepower. He later found out that it is bone stock. He also had an issue with the car days after he bought it. The wheels had spacers on them which required them to over tighten the lugs. As he drove the car the lugs began to FALL OFF!!! That is unacceptable and very dangerous. He went back to Indy Auto Man to have them make it right. They told him if he bought the parts then they would fix it. They were the ones who messed it up in the first place. Needless to say he was upset and took it to a LEGITIMATE auto shop to have it fixed. NOOOOOOO GOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 13, 2012

The car was tuned to 300HP, it would have no visible upgrade other than the sport suspension and the chip. The wheels had spacers which we did not install. This car was a trade in of Ed Martin Acura, once we received the car we inspected it mechanically and put it up for sale. If any of your friends have problems with their cars please have them call the dealership directly and ask for the manager. We will gladly help them with any problems they have.

Horrible all around!

by from Noblesville, Indiana |

I don't even know where to begin when describing this dealership. I was looking at one of the newer cars that had been on the lot for more than 2 weeks and found that it hadn't even been detailed yet, not a big deal. Then when I asked the manager what happened to the dvd player, he said it must have been stolen but he wasn't pissed off or anything. Which made me think that was a lie. Who steals one dvd player from the headrest and not the other? Then when I brought up some issues that needed to be fixed he agreed to fix them before buying the car and lowering the price due to the stolen dvd player. He said he would fix the spark plugs and a few other things. Promised it would all be done by Saturday then Monday comes around and it's still not done. I go in on Tuesday with my brother in law(who's a mechanic) and mentions there are several issues with the car and said they hadn't even touched the spark plugs. Which made me wonder what was he doing that entire time my car wasn't ready? When I asked for my deposit back since he didn't even fix the car like he said he would he just handed me my money and didnt apologize or anything. I've bought my car from a buy here pay here place and even they do better. DO NOT buy from this dealership!! Total RIP off.

April 17, 2012

Hello, thank you for bringing up money back guarantee and our willingness to do the repairs. As of DVD player, if it is stolen, it is stolen. Being angry about it in front of the customer doesn't change situation. To correct situation we adjusted the price and installed aftermarket MP3 player with AUX input, as customer indicated that she likes to listen to her iPod during commute. As of spark plugs, they have been changed. I handed money back without questioning brothers skills. Apology for the deal that haven't worked out was extended, but customer stormed out from the store and most likely missed the apology.

Poor Customer Service

by from Cincinnati |

I had a loan approved from the bank and a trade in ready to make a deal. I received conflicting assessments regarding trade in value of my car from three different sales associates. One said I would receive top value for my vehicle. Another said they don't discuss trade in value over the phone while the owner offered me $1500 below the actual KBB trade in value. Called today and was willing to make a deal however the owner told me they didn't wan to do business because of a previous review I had given in regards to the way they do business. I've never seen business at such a unprofessional manner. Rather than use the negative reviews from myself as well as others, he chose to take it personal. I was hesitant in doing business with these people int he first place after reading previous reviews but now I've been convinced to take my money elsewhere after my own personal experience. The warranties are almost double that of majority dealerships. Needless to say I strongly advise doing business with Indy Auto and I will gladly be taking my money elsewhere to make a purchase

April 17, 2012

Customer was willing to buy our vehicle for the suggested KBB trade-in value, but was unwilling to understand that we are basing our prices on a market data derived from cars.com to come up with prices on our cars and trade-ins.

Bad Service

by from Columbus, OH |

Wanted to Trade in my range rover. The retail vaule was $8,000. KBB value was $5,000 excelent condition, $4,700 mid condition and $4,400 fair condtion. The salesman offered me $3,500 which is $1,000 below value even if it was in poor condition. H echalleneged him on the fact KKB shows the true trade in value. The salesman tells me they don't go by KKB because they go by how much it's worth at auction. He proceeds to tell me they would sell it on their lot for $4,500. The guy must have thought I was a fool. A 2000 Range Rover with 82k on the dash and you would only sell for $4500 once traded in lol please. I calle dhis bluff and said I would trade it in and asked for a purchase order of $4500 on my range rover to buy it back from him. He put me on hold and never came back to the phone.

April 2, 2012

When we made an offer for the range rover we did the proper research to make sure our offer was fair. We never forced the customer to accept the offer, we encouraged him to sell it outright because he would be able to get more than what we offered. Also the blue book value was about 1000 more than we offered for the car he was trading, but the blue book for the car he was interested in, a 2002 745li with 105000, was almost 3000 more than our asking price. We made our best offer on his car and gave our best effort to work out a deal with the customer.

I didn't even get in the door

by from Louisville, KY |

I called to discuss pricing since I am over 100 miles away. I was prepared, if the price was right, to drive there immediately and write a check. The lady, who seemed to barely speak English, told me they do not negotiate their price over the phone, and will not discuss it unless I am in their building. I felt like it was 1982 with these people.

April 2, 2012

The vehicle which the customer was interested in was listed for our lowest price possible. Our assistant answered the phone and told the customer that we were not negotiable on the price. We were not trying to waste anyones time, it's just the fact that we can't sell cars for a loss.

IndyAutoMan

by from Muncie, IN |

I purchased a vehicle from this dealer. I really liked many of the cars that he had for sale there, however the head salesman didn't seem to be very knowledgeable about them. He couldn't pop the hood on the car that I drove 2 hours to look at it, and tried telling me that the cover to the gas tank wasn't broken, but instead was like the one on a BMW and had a switch on the remote. I had owned previous vehicles like this one and knew that that wasn't true. There was a little knob under the drivers seat that you were supposed to pull and it would pop open. I was satisfied with the car that I purchased from here. However, I would highly suggest not going here unless you already know what you are looking for in a car and know what you are looking for that could potentially be broken. There was also speaker wire that had been used to tie up pieces under the car. When we asked him if his mechanics were the ones that had done this he just shrugged. However, they did fix many of these problems before I went back and purchased the vehicle. So overall I would say that it's a good dealership to go to if you are expecting no help or knowledge from the dealer or mechanics there.

April 4, 2012

There is no knob under the seat to open a gas tank. All you have to do is to press on a gas tank lid and it will open. The button to open a trunk lid is on the drivers side, and there is also a button on the key to open a trunk. Please let us know should you have any problems with either one. In case you are not satisfied with a repair, please let us know what can be done to correct your opinion. We will do our best to have you satisfied.

Horrible Dealership

by from South Bend, IN |

What a waste of time. I traveled 122 miles from South Bend, IN to test drive a 2007 Nissan Maxima. These guys didn't approach me what so ever. It's like they really didn't care to make a sale. There were a few guys and one was on a cell phone while the others stood around not doing anything. Not to mention they were speaking a different language. Well when I found the maxima that I wanted to test drive it was cramped in with other cars so it was very hard to manuver out of the lot. Well when I took it off the lot 2minutes later the gas light went on and it needed gas. I turn around immiediately and tell the ownere and he gives me the gas money to put in the car which I did and realize "I have to put money in the tank for gas". This place is definitely not worth it. I will never go back nor will I refer to a friend or family member.

April 4, 2012

Customer came to buy a vehicle, and we are a no pressure dealership (we do not like to be bugged by salespeople when we shop unless we need a help with a product). Should you be interested in a vehicle please walk inside and grab one of the sales people, they will be glad to answer any question you have about a vehicle.

easy experience

by from Noblesville, IN |

As when buying any car, do your research in advance on specific vehicles, values, reviews, etc. Also get KBB, Black Book and NADA values for your car if trading. Steve was willing to share all information on the car of interest, and was reasonable when it came to negotiating. We drove away with a purchase and found this to be one of the more enjoyable car-buying experiences in memory. Will definitely shop this dealership again.

April 20, 2012

Thank you for the kind words and review.

AUDI FAMILY

by from CARMEL |

I stumbled across Indy Automan by accident, my husband and I were looking for an affordable, nice car. We began our search on craigslist, and couldnt find what we were looking for. We found the Indy Automan website and we looked at the inventory and decided to go in and look at a few vehicles. We found that their website was accurate unlike most sites we saw something on line and it was there. From start to finish the customer service was excellent, people we very assertive and worked within our wants and needs! Its nice to go and buy a car without pushy car salesmen breathing down your neck. They gave us space and time to make the right decision for us. We ended up finding the perfect Audi at a great price. When we trade in our other car you bet we will be returning to Indy Auto man. I would recommend this dealership to anyone looking for a good car at a good price!!!

April 20, 2012

Thank you for praising us on affordability and no pressure sales process. Happy driving!