Landers McLarty Chevrolet

4930 University Dr, Huntsville, AL 35816

New 888-250-2913 New888-250-2913
Used 877-516-4356 Used877-516-4356
Service 877-430-5802 Service 877-430-5802

"That's My Chevy" at Landers McLarty Chevrolet today!

Great Service with Great People

by from Huntsville, AL |

I have been shopping for a particular vehicle and this dealership had just the right vehicle for me. I didn't have to wait long before being welcomed and my saleswoman was quick to answer all questions and complete my transaction. The process took less than half the time of my previous experiences. I recommend this dealership for anyone serious about buying.

Car given back with no oil/gas smell in reservoir

by from Huntsville, al |

We purchased a used 2012 Chevrolet Equinox a year ago. Because we were buying a used car we also purchased an extended warranty just to be safe. I take the vehicle for its normal service maintenance on time and have never really had an issue with it until now. I brought it in to my certified mechanic on a Friday for its normal oil change where I was informed that they found what appeared to be water or coolant mixed in the oil. I contacted my warranty company right there and was instructed to take it to Lander's Mclarty Chevrolet for diagnostics. I arrived at the Chevy dealership and explained what was going on. I was informed that I would have to have someone pick me up because a loaner vehicle could not be supplied until the diagnostics were completed and it was proven that there was an issue covered by my warranty and they would not be able to do the diagnostics until Monday. The dealership called me on Tuesday to tell me that I could pick up my rental and they were done with diagnostics but they were waiting for the warranty company to send out their own tech to look at the car and it would be a few days. Not even 2 hours after I picked up the rental they called again to tell me that the warranty companies tech came and looked at the car. I was then told that the next step would be to do a tear down of the motor but if they did not find anything wrong with the car I would be responsible for paying $4000 for the tear down. I explained that I did not have that much money to pay and I would have to discuss it with my husband. I was then told to pick up my car. I went back to the dealership to pick up the car and noticed the check engine light was still on. I asked the dealership if they had changed the oil and was told that they did not do anything with the oil which I found strange since water in the oil was the whole reason I took it in. I took the car back to my certified mechanic as soon as I left the dealership to get the oil changed. My mechanic informed me that the dipstick was not registering any oil at all and it smelled like gas. We gave the car time to cool off and checked again and still no oil on the dipstick. The mechanic had to add almost 3 quarts of oil to my car. When I got home I checked the oil again and this time the level was exactly where it was when I left my mechanic. I contacted the dealership and informed them of what had happened but was told that my car was only a half a quart low when I picked it up and that I had not given the car the proper time to cool off before checking it and the gas smell was normal. I was also informed that my model has a well-known issue with water or coolant getting into the oil because of the fuel pump and pistons that were used are not the correct fit for my motor and even though the manufacturer knows about it they are not taking responsibility for it. For the next couple of days I kept a very close check on the oil and would check it when it was hot and when it had cooled down and still there was no change in the level so I find it hard to believe the car was only half a quart low when I left the dealership yet there was absolutely nothing on the dipstick. I find it ridiculous that the Chevy dealer made a mistake and did not own up to it or attempt to remedy it and could possibly have damaged my engine because of it. I also find it ridiculous that Chevy/GM know there is a major issue like this with these motors but are doing nothing to fix it and leaving it to their customer's to deal with. This was by far the worst treatment I have ever had with a dealership/manufacturer and their service department.

Landers McLarty Chevrolet responded to this review

April 3, 2016

KA, As I stated on the other site that you put this same review on, you refused to have it fixed under your Extended Warranty because of the possibility of it not being a covered part and you also refused the oil change. GM will not cover something now at this time because at the time of the problem, you refused to have it fixed under your Extended Warranty. It has nothing to do with Landers McLarty Chevrolet not fixing your car. As I also stated in the other site, maybe if you would take it back to the place that you purchased the vehicle last year and bought their Extended Service Agreement, they may can help you with it out of good faith. The Better Business closed this case because of the reasons I have just stated.

Liked the quick efficient attention

by from Owens Cross Roads, AL |

For a car buying experience, I was very pleased that I didn't spend the entire day to purchase a vehicle.

Great customer service! bought 2 vehicles

by from Huntsville, al |

I bought a truck and a spark this time. Everybody is always wonderful!!

I love my new Chevrolet tray!!

by from Huntsville, al |

Very nice employees. Easy to work a deal with. Enjoyable experience

Best car buying experience ever!

by from Meridianville, AL |

Great customer relations throughout the dealership.

Wiley is absolutely amazing!!

by from Athens, al |

Great experience all the way. will definitely be rear customer

Employees are very professional.

by from Arab, AL |

Such a refreshing experience! The dealership has young, ambitious employees. Everyone was very courteous and professional.

Great customer service!!

by from Huntsville al |

Sales rep, Jonathan was very respectful and helpful. He is a knowledgeable, dedicated salesperson. I was either going to get a Toyota Tacoma or a Colorado. I can say without a doubt that Jonathan's attitude and the customer service provided by the staff is the reason I chose the Chevy over the Toyota.

Highly recommend Michael Battle!!

by from Rainsville, al |

Everybody went above and beyond to get the dealing I wanted. Michael was very sweet and attentive to my needs and my wants. He comes with high recommendations.