Austin's Affordable Autos

9408 NE Hwy 99, Vancouver, WA 98665

Used 888-476-6818

WATCH OUT-----BAIT AND SWITCH!!!!!

by from portland, ore |

these "people" are dishonest and rude! 2 salesmen lied about a truck I called on, said it was there and to "come on in". when I tried to make sure the truck was there and price correct, they said it was actually at their "other" store. i said I was only interested in that truck at that price. they got vague said maybe the ad was mispriced (ad was on craigs list for 12 days!) when I said I had the cash they were advertising truck for and wanted to buy it, the manager said it was sold! I contacted my attorney, he said to call them back and tell them they were breaking the law, so I called the vancover store back, told them what my attorney said, the manager told me I was white trash and did not even have an attorney. My attorney laughed when I called him back, told me to contact Attorney Generals consumer protection division and that once they were prosecuted for Bait and Switch we wpuld sue them, calling me white trash (I had a friend here and had them on speaker phone!) would be "expensive remark" for the person who made it! I am 54 years old and have never been called trash before. however people who do me or mine wrong find out that some of us expect others to be right and to honor their word AND obey the law!! Attorney Generals office is going to pursue prosecuting them, (I did tell them my attorney referred me to them) they said what Austin's is doing is against the law.

Beware

by from Vancouver was |

Beware of these cars. If your thinking about buying a car from this dealer, have Gaynor Automotive across the street check out the car for you. It'll cost $100, but may save you thousands. I bought a car from Austin's and did not have it checked out till after I bought it. Big mistake! The car was very dirty on the inside, but because it was a weekend would not detail it for me, but gave me a free car wash which I used, then went home and spent a couple more hours cleaning the interior.

AWESOME

by from Portland |

This was the BEST car buying experience that I've EVER had! The salesmen, are not your normal sales people, they take the time to listen and see what your needs are! The payments and down payment was low, and very affordable. I got into a NICE luxury car with LOW miles and was financed when NO ONE else would even offer to help me! I see a few bad reviews and I don't understand why. This car lot is GREAT!!!!!! I'll def be sending my friends to this lot! Great service, great cars, and polite finance and sales people!!! GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!! BEST I'VE EVER HAD!!!!!

Recommend = YES, great price and service.

by from Portland, Oregon |

Simply put, I had great service, a great deal and no hassle. Buying a car can take a lot of time and frustration and I will say that Austin's really helped make it seem much easier. I found a great deal on a vehicle that I LOVE and if I need another I will be sure to visit them first. Thanks folks.

Great place!

by from Portland, Oregon |

I love this place! I bought my first car here and it totally worked out. Which is amazing because I am only 18 and I thought they would take advantage of me but they didn't. It was very reasonable and now I have a way to get to Pcc and work! I can't believe how well my car runs too.(: Idk why they have all these bad review because this place is superb!

Austin's of Portland......Horrible!!

by from Centralia, WA |

Went to Austin's on February 2, 2013, to purchase a 1998 Firebird. Their signs say, "$800 down", I ended up paying over $1,000 down! The car had too many problems to explain, all that I discovered after I drove it home. I honestly don't think Austin's checks the cars out, before the sell them. Very shady operation. Can understand why I had to pay more down, than the $800 that is advertised. I will never recommend them to anyone. My experience with Austin's has taught me to check with places like Cars.com, for any complaints, because had I done that first, I never would have purchased a car from them.

I love my car!

by from Vancouver, Wa |

I came to Austin's to buy my first car, I bought a cute little Honda! It runs and drives great. Before buying from Austin's I looked them up online and read reviews and reviews and came to the conclusion that these people posting "bad" reviews don't understand that they are buying a used car and cannot expect it to be perfect! I bought a used car and understand that! I love my car and would refer anyone who is looking to buy from them.

Austin's is owned by a con man with a criminal rec

by from Camas, WA |

Purchased vehicle 08/07/2013, noticed coolant was completely empty. John the salesman promised this would be fixed prior to delivery, not done- Additionally, I asked and was told my payments would be every other Friday, however they were set for every other Wednesday (I did not access to a calendar when I signed the paperwork)so I was two days late for my first payment (My son had the paperwork so I did not see the due date) On 8/13/2013, I received a call from John stating I had been approved for refinancing and it was going to make it so that I did not have to pay the $1000, bump in price for not paying cash. I was at work so he said he would text me the details. on 08/18/2013 clutch went out costing 1299.69 to fix- 08/23/2013 I called to make a payment and was told I was 2 days late and now owed an additional $190.00. I tried to explain the miscommunication and was told it did not matter. I then informed them of the clutch failure and requested it be fixed. I was then connected with Karl, their public relations person who told me if I came in he would fix everything. I went there and Karl proceeded to try to sell me a more expensive car stating he would adequately compensate me for the car I already purchased. Karl tried to get me to give him another $1000 down as well as having me pay for the repairs on the Camry he was going to buy back from me. He then asked me to go ahead and go while he came up with a deal for me. I called him back later and he requested that I apply for a loan from my Credit Union and call him back. 8/24/2013 I called back to talk to Karl, he is off, I attempted to make payment and was told it was now $210 as I was 3 days late. I asked to waive the one day extra as I had been working with Karl. I was told no. I asked for the car it to be fixed, Austin's refused. This is a failure under WA statute RCW 62A.2-314. I was put on a recorded call and they said ?Is it correct you want us to repossess the car,? I said no, I just don?t want to deal with a shady car dealership. That all I was asking for was my payment date to be changed so I was not going to have to pay a $40 late fee that I will now have to pay every other week as they will not fix my due date and I get pain on Fridays. Additionally I was now required to pay $150 for the repo fee on a car they never repossessed. I was then put on the phone with Matt, the general sales manager, who bullied me into paying and is the one who refused to repair the car. So today I paid 130.81 for my payment, $60.00 late fee, $150.00 repo fee, and an additional 3% for using my debit card. $350.39. I then asked Tabatha to mail me a receipt and she refused. Everything in this statement is true and most was recorded by the dealership. My real name is Sheri Lavadour, I am a real person who had this experience. Anyone having a similar experience should look up Their state statute on used vehicles and contact the Attorney Generals office to file a complaint. In my opinion: The company has their employees filling out fake reviews to bring their ratings up.

Horrible Customer Service

by from Centralia, WA |

I purchasded a vehicle from the Portland store on February 2nd of 2013. As of March 7th, I still have not received the license plates. Everytime I called, they told me "Your plates should be in any day now." According to DOL from both Washington and Oregon, they have not received the paperwork. I found out on March 5th, that the car was finally registered in my name, and that Austin's would have the plates sent overnight. March 6, no plates! March 7th, no plates!! They stink at customer service. They lied about the paperwork being sent in, and lied about getting the plates sent overnight. The current temporary permit expires on the 9th. I hope they come in on the 8th. I will NEVER buy another car from them!!

Bad bad place

by from Portland, OR |

This place is really bad. DO NOT buy from them. You will get a car that dies in two days. Mine had a blown head gasket. They don't post the warranty on the window as required but hand it to you AFTER you pay. AVOID AT ALL COST!