Silverstate Imports

2501 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27604

Used 888-459-9306

Very satisfied customer

by from Raleigh, NC |

I needed a car quickly since mine was totaled. I went to several dealers near my home and in most cases I found out what they mean when they say "he is a used car salesman" I went to Silver State based on a add I saw. I met with a Salesman named Shane. He was truthful and very helpful. After purchasing the car I filled the gas tank and boy it leaked. I was really concerned when that happened. I called Shane and explained the issue to him. He made arrangements for me to bring the car in and explained they had no idea since they do not fill the tanks. He arranged for the issue to be fixed and to date the car is running fine. If you do go there to look at cars I recommend you talk to Shane. I hope the owners are smart enough to do what they need to do to keep him. Thanks Shane.

Not for me

by from Raleigh NC |

My husband and i went in to look at a car we found on line. The car we originally went in to see was a hot mess and we weren't interested. We say another car we liked and took it for a test drive and really liked the car. The car was dirty, it was detailed and clean the way a car for sale should be presented. The price of the car was about $1,500 more than i was able to spend. I talked with the salesman, "Tony" (who looked like he was dressed for a picnic with plaid shorts and a polo shirt and not dressed for work) and asked him if he could adjust the price any. He told me the car had been previously reduced and that the price was firm. I told him that I would pay cash right then but he wouldn't come down any and I wasn't about to come up any so we left. We were the only people in the show room the entire time we were there so it's not like they were selling so many cars that they didn't need the money. It worked out for the best because the same afternoon we found the exact same car in better condition at a better price so we bought it.

Be warned do not buy

by from Suwanee, GA |

Attempted to buy a car from the dealership. Not only were they rude. I was the one that had to contact them every step of the way. I tried my hardest to put money down on the vehicle only for them to show the car to somebody else. Tried to pick it up on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to not get any help. Probably the most hateful experience I have ever had.

Silverstate Imports responded to this review

August 28, 2014

I have asked all the salesmen here, and they have no recollection of a Diana from Georgia trying to buy a vehicle. I am sorry that you feel as if you had a bad experience here, but I think you are giving the negative review to the wrong business!? There is no one here that would be rude or hateful, we try to treat all customers as we would want to be treated when making a major purchase.

Silver State is a GOOD place to shop!

by from Redding Ca |

I have been conducting a nationwide search for a particular car and I know exactly what I am looking for. After contacting Silver State Imports about the model I was looking at I asked them if they would mind taking it to a dealership for a pre-purchase inspection. Everyone who buys a used car (ESPECIALLY high end exotics) should do this. They were very accommodating and dropped it by the local Mercedes Benz dealership and I had this done (out of my pocket not theirs). They were most helpful in getting this done and it eventually led me to purchase this car. The Mercedes dealership was also VERY helpful and called me with the results as well as sending me the findings. A used car is just that....USED....people who don't follow the above guidelines post bad reviews about dealerships but I can only say WELL DONE to Silver State Imports! No dealership can test every aspect of every used car they have so a pre purchase is the only way you will have peace of mind and thanks to Silver State and Justin and the Mercedes dealership I think I got a very good deal. I have not yet received the car (shipping transit across country) but I am not really concerned about its condition based on my study. THANKS A LOT!

Good luck...bait and switch...

by from New Bern, NC |

Looks like they put attractive deals on their website just to get you to visit, come to find out those vehicles haven't been there in months and years.

Great business

by from Newport News, VA |

Shopped around for weeks for a car dealt with lots of people over the phone this place gave me the warmth feeling and trust I was lacking every where else great place. Buy my car from here and I know where I can go from now on.

No response Whatso-ever

by from Middleburg, FL |

Never called or-emailed back. I informed them I was around the Raleigh area for a week and never contacted me.

No call back

by from Avon, N.C. |

Initiated contact twice through Cars.com..........No response either time.

2007 Saturn Vue

by from Clayton, NC |

I had been looking at cars all day, feeling hopeless about finding car, we headed back home; on the way back home we stopped at silver state. I had spoke with a salesman, earlier that day, named Tony. I had asked him about the two saturn vues he had on his lot. He told me they were great cars, and he wasn't lying! They had one '04 hybrid and another '07 V6. To make a long story short. I've always been skeptical about car salesmen. Tony gave it to me straight forward. He didn't try to push any one certain car on me, he made his suggestions, but ultimately made the decision entirely up to me. He was very helpful and made me feel prioritized. I would absolutely refer anyone in need of a vehicle to silver state. I'll always be skeptical about car salesmen. But not about Tony! I walked out of there, well I should say drove out of there with my new car, that I am so happy with!

Suzuki XL7

by from Raleigh NC |

Purchased a 2008 Suzuki XL7. It was a good experience. The salesman was helpful. I looked at six different vehicles while I was there. After much thought, I finally purchased the Suzuki. It has been a great vehicle. Brake light was out, but the salesman replaced the bulb quite promptly. Customer service was great and the experience did not take a lot of time. I would recommend this dealership to my friends. All in all, it was not a great deal, but not a bad deal. It was fair. The dealership met my expectations. Cannot ask for more.

No response

by from Raleigh, NC |

I sent an email to them through cars.com about a Mazda Miata and never heard from them. The car is listed in their inventory, and I requested to be emailed instead of called, but never heard a word.