Suntrup Ford Kirkwood

10340 Manchester Rd, Kirkwood, MO 63122

New 888-271-1257
Used 877-224-8708
Service 866-736-9248

Kirkwood's Home for Ford, Fair & Square!

Wouldn't recommend

by from Eureka, MO |

So I bought a used Ford Escape from here, and for the most part been very happy with it. Well, then I went to have my tires rotated by a shop closer to my house, they told me I have locking lug nuts on each wheel, and that I would need a special key to remove them. I searched the car high and low to no avail. I called Suntrup, they told me to bring it in and they could order a new key. As it turned out the locking lug nuts were an after market product, and Ford was unable to get a matching key. I was told by a member of the service department that they can be removed and replaced with regular lug nuts, he said it could take some time, and I would be charged for the labor. I asked to speak with my salesman Kevin Lupo, who was absolutely no help. He told me that it had been too long since the purchase ie over six months. He claimed that he spoke with the GM, and they agreed that I waited too long in addressing this issue. To top it all off, as Kevin and I were walking out of the car bay of the service department, I slipped and fell on an oil puddle. He not only didn't offer to help me up, he didn't even acknowledge it... what a gentleman. So in conclusion you have lost my respect as well as my patronage, all because your staff was too lazy to step up and do the right thing.

Mustang sale gone bad !

by from St. Louis, Mo |

Early March, 2014, my wife and I were at Kirkwood Suntrup Ford making a cash deal on a 2014 Mustang convertible. Our salesman, Cal, was handling this transaction. We couldn't agree on the cash price. We dickered for days. By the end of the week, we remembered Cal mentioned a $750 incentive by financing through Ford. We called Cal to verify and he confirmed it. Then we talked to financing to be sure there were no penalties or points to pay for prepayments. Seemed fine and we scheduled our test drive the next morning. The car had been the last car in the showroom and we didn't want to drag it out if we couldn't come to terms. Next morning we drove the car and decided to buy. My wife even bought 2 new Mustang hats for riding in the convertible. During the last signing of paperwork in financing we realized the price did not change to reflect the $750 incentive. Cal was called in to the office and when confronted with this he claimed that he thought there was a $500 0r $700 incentive, not even the $750 he was so sure of when he talked to us. We could hear Kirk, the manager, yelling at Cal in his office. We realized this was a no go and I said this was a deal breaker and went out to my vehicle to wait for my wife, who was returning the new hats. Kirk came out to talk and said he didn't want to lose the deal. He offered some options but not the $750. I informed him that we were upset and no deal would be made that day. Meanwhile my wife was out of sight returning the hats when she heard screaming and cussing coming from the meeting room. Kirk had his salesmen in the room and was really going at it with the group. That's when my wife heard Cal deny saying anything about an incentive. She went into the room and confronted Cal, saying he was a liar. The room went silent and my wife came out extremely angry. We left but called the dealership to get corporate's phone number. They told us they didn't have the number and couldn't get it. Unbelievable ! We will never do business with Suntrup Ford again. Beware !

Would not go there.

by from St. Charles, MO |

This place was very unhelpful. They will not let you have the car checked by anywhere other than their mechanics and seem to be hiding true car history. Would not bother going there.

not the friendlest service

by from Chippewa falls, wi |

Man on the phone was black and white (did not expand on anything when asked and didn't sound interested selling to someone who was out of state. When asked if the price was negotiable he was like, "we can only go down 500." and left it at that. Did not explain anything and didn't want to take the time to talk. Even if I was across the street I wouldn't buy from them. There are a lot used cars out there, they better learn that customer service is what sells vehicles.

Suntrup Ford Kirkwood responded to this review

May 24, 2013

Hi Mike, Thank you for your feedback on your experience with Suntrup Ford Kirkwood. The salesperson you spoke to on the phone and corresponded via email was our Internet Manager, Tom Dietz. The talks you and he had over the Flex you were interested was left open because you needed to speak with your wife. Tom last contacted you this past Wednesday, May 22 to see if you were still interested in the Flex, which incidentally is the same day you posted your review. And you are correct, Tom did tell you at the start of your conversations that he could not go lower than $500 off the internet price because our internet prices are already as low as possible-which is clearly why you chose our Flex 600 miles away as opposed to one closer to your home. Again, thank you for your thoughts and thank you for choosing Ford. We wish you the best. -Elizabeth Durdel E-Commerce Director Suntrup Ford Kirkwood