St. Cloud Hyundai

900 2nd St S, Waite Park, MN 56387

New 877-296-5958
Used 877-439-7492
Service 866-570-0563

Simplest and easiest time buying a vehicle ever!

by from Minneapolis, Metro Area |

I told Richard VonderHarr our situation, and that we HAD to look for a car. This wasn't a "fun" car shopping event for us because our other car got into an accident. I told Richard what we wanted, price-point, etc. Though this vehicle was slightly above our price range, he said come on in, and we will work it out. The next day it was raining, and Richard pulled the vehicle into the service bay upon our arrival. We did a test drive, and then sat down for what I thought was going to be a 4 to 6 hour negotiation based on other car buying experiences. We had our daughter with us, and Richard and Sandy were so nice to her! I cannot tell you how simple St. Cloud Hyundai made the car purchasing process. We were in and out in less than three hours, which is pretty amazing! We ended up purchasing a Hyundai SantaFe. So far, we are very pleased with the vehicle, and feel like we got a pretty competitive price. If you are looking for a Hyundai or other vehicle that this dealership has on the lot, give them a chance! I know that I'm glad I did, and I traveled to St. Cloud from the Twin City metro area. Make sure to ask for Richard as a salesperson, and see if you can get Sandy as the Business Manager to do all the paperwork. They both rocked!!!

Great Sales Team!!!!

by from Princeton, MN |

My husband and I were in the market for a new vehicle and St. Cloud Hyundai came highly recommended by friends and family. Everyone was absolutely wonderful to work with from the service department to our salesman Tony Hoffman to the general manager. We could not be more pleased with our car shopping experience.

Found what we needed in the $ we asked for

by from Excelsior, MN |

We worked with Paul Van Anders to find us a vehicle under $4,000 for daughter going to the University. Paul listended, called us back and discussed the options. He gave us several options in an appropriate $ range and made a recommendation (based upon the vehicle that would work best in snow and steep hills in Duluth) that fit our price range. it was painless, quick and we are very pleased with the purchase.

Happy Wife = Happy Life

by from Sioux Falls, SD |

I had been shopping for a new vehicle for my wife for about 6 months, at first I was trying to keep my purchase to the area I live, that is in Sioux Falls, SD. We had about 12 different vehicles that met our purchase criteria and after many test drives we narrowed it down the 2014 Mazda CX-5 and a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, after a frustrating month of dealing with the local Sioux Falls Mazda/Hyundai dealer we decided that we were going to have to search a wider local. I found a 2013 Santa Fe sport listed on the St. Cloud Hyundai website with the exact color and options my wife wanted and it had an internet price that was thousands under what our local dealer said was rock bottom pricing. I called the dealership to see if this vehicle was still available and talked to Sebastian (Great Guy!) and set up a time to drive up to see if we could make a deal as I was hoping to trade in our 2006 Buick mini-van. I want to let you know that it is about 225 miles from our door to theirs and I needed to be sure that this would not be a wasted trip, I felt after several phone conversations that Sebastian would do his best to take care of us and he did! The dealership is easily found as it is located just a few minutes off of I-94 on Highway 23, you can not miss the huge American flag they have flying out front. The dealership building is fairly new and very well laid out with a clean waiting room/lounge and even an area that the little ones can play while the parents are busy, each and every person I met was friendly and courteous. I can not say enough on how much I appreciated the way Sebastian helped us with this purchase, he helped move our transaction forward on a timely schedule as we had a 3.5 hour trip back home, we also want to thank Sandra for a painless experience of completing the all paperwork required for this transaction. I know not all transactions will go as smoothly as ours did but I want to say we were very pleased and if you are looking for a Hyundai and St. Cloud is close enough for you to make a trip, please look up Sebastian (Did I mention he was a Great Guy) and tell him Dan from Sioux Falls sent you. Thanks from Dan and his very Happy Wife

Great experience

by from Eden Prairie, MN |

When we first called inquiring about a vehicle Josh Moon was the sales associate that we talked to. He was very knowledgeable and inviting without being pushy or over bearing. For this reason we chose to go take a look at what he had to offer. In the end we purchased a car to replace my wife?s car. This was probably the most enjoyable car transaction I have ever had (if buying a car can be enjoyable). It should be noted my wife and I both hate car shopping and had put it off for as long as we could. Because our experience with Josh went so well we contacted him again when we needed to replace my car. Again it was a no pressure, no hassle type of experience and again we purchased another care from Josh. I can?t speak for the entire dealership but what experience we have had with them including the maintenance department has always been good. I can?t recommend Josh enough if you want a good deal with a friendly, knowledgeable no pressure sales experience he is who you want to talk to. We will be back when it is time to replace a car again.

St. Cloud Hyundai responded to this review

March 22, 2013

Dave, thank you very much for your kind words and support. Josh is a highly valued and hard working member of our team, so your praise comes as no surprise. Also, congratulations on the purchase of your new vehicle. I hope that it continues to serve you and your wife well for years to come. If you need anything else from us, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thanks again, we hope to see you again soon! Sincerely, Jim McClelland- General Manager

Not a good experience! BUYER BEWARE

by from Inver Grove Heights |

I inquired about this 2007 Santa Fe. I was unable to get to the dealership for a test drive and when I called to tell Shaun I would be there the the following day, he informed me that someone from the cities was on their way to look at it but if I put 500.00 down, he would put a "sold" sign on it...so I gave him a 500.00 deposit. The next day I went to test drive it and phoned prior to my arrival. He then informed me that the "previous customer" had also put money down so if I didn't buy it, they would. Needless to say I was upset and when I arrived I asked for my deposit back. I kept insisting to just get my money back and I wasn't going to give my business to someone who does this type of thing. Shaun went and got Mike, the sales manager. I explained they had basically taken away my negotiating power by doing what they did(if in fact, there was actually another customer). Mike said since we were there, we should check the vehicle out...that it was in GREAT condition and we would really like it. So we test drove it. The heat didn't work, the vehicle pulled hard to the left and shook at 65mph. When we got back we told Mike this.(this was after we were told the vehicle went through an inspection prior to being put up for sale) I didn't understand why if the "other customer" that test drove it and put a down payment on it, they wouldn't have brought these issues to their attention. But Mike agreed to fix the issues and drive it down to the cities for me to test drive. In addition, we test drove another vehicle with higher miles and less options that was priced $1000.00 more. After asking why this vehicle was priced more, Mike agreed to lower it 1200.00 and include heated seats. The limited was delivered to the cities to my mechanic for review. They did make the necessary repairs to the vehicle, however, it was discovered that the cargo cover that was in the vehicle was not even for that vehicle and it most likely would need brakes soon. Shouldn't these items also been discovered on the dealership inspection? At NO POINT did they ever say that the advertised price was firm and there was plenty of opportunity throughout the next few days for them to make this clear. I initially offered a bit less than their asking price. Shaun stated no deal and said he would pick up the vehicle. I did increase my offer, which would have been about 445.00 less in total than what the original total out the door price was but he declined. He stated the vehicle was competively priced and basically he wanted full asking plus tax and title/fees. Why he didn't make this clear from the beginning is beyond me. After the stunt with the down payment from two customers, he had lost my trust and I should have known better and just got my down payment back.

Enjoyed My Test Drive!!!

by from Sartell, MN |

My family drove then had time to walk around the dealership before being approached by a salesperson. I appreciated the time to just look. Our salesman, Chris, was courteous and helpful and we enjoyed our test ride in the Sante Fe. I have not made a final decision yet but buying from this dealership is at the top of our list. We loved the vehicle and the dealership's customer service.

St. Cloud Hyundai responded to this review

April 12, 2012

We appreciate the kind words. Let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you now or in the future. Have a wonderful day! :p)