McMahon Ford Pre-Owned- Gravois

McMahon Ford Pre-Owned- Gravois

4132 Gravois Ave, St Louis, MO 63116

Used 888-482-7193

"McMahon-Gravois..Home of the 2 year/150,000 mile warranty

A very good car buying experience.....

by from St. Louis, MO |

I recently was referred to this dealer by my sister, and I was looking for a jeep. They didn't quite have what I was looking for, but instead of simply saying, "Im sorry we dont have that in stock", they went out and found one for me and cheaper than I was expecting to spend. I worked with Billy, he listened very well with all the features I was looking for and answered all of my questions on the Jeep. Working with Derric, the finance manager, was also a good experience. This goes to say that not all car buying experiences are bad, and as I was leaving the sales manager, James, greeted me and thanked me for doing business with them. I will definitely remember this dealership for my future car buying needs.

Lying-rude employees who don't care about customer

by from Anonymous |

As a precursor, I contacted the dealership with a chance to reconcile the issues I am about to list via email. Unfortunately, I have not received a response within 6 days. First, regarding the used vehicle price and trade-in value: they said they use the NADA guide. However, per the NADA guide, Billy went $1500 below the NADA trade-in price on the car, basically saying the car was in the poorest condition, which it wasn't (2010 Corolla, 2-3 years old, 45,000 miles) without appraising it. Then, he wouldn't budge on the used car price, until I showed him printout of a bad battery and damaged part on the car. I received this printout from a third party shop when I took the used car home for a day. He questioned the integrity of this shop, and I said if they'd put the car on the lift, I'd gladly point out the damage. He changed his mind and lowered the price on the car only then. Mind you, when we first met, he said they perform a "150 point inspection" on all used cars. Somehow, when I first test drove the car, the radio wouldn't power on. . .Turned out to be a fuse. Used car has 30,000 miles on it and the radio fuse blew; inspection didn't discover that. The inspection apparently didn't discover that the battery was bad either, so that isn't part of the inspection process. I had the battery checked by a major auto parts retailer, who confirmed it was bad. He admitted they left the car in the lot without driving it for months (car was on lot for 180 days per Billy). He never produced or offered to show me exactly what was inspected, so I have no reason to believe the car was ever inspected. I asked that the car be cleaned and detailed. Who wants to purchase a car for tens of thousands of dollars which someone else drove that is dirty inside? He agreed. When I ended up driving the car home that night, it was not clean nor detailed. During the financing, James had told us to "dirty up the car" and he would give it a thorough cleaning when I brought it back for emissions. Billy was unaware of this (0 communication among employees). I asked this to be done as I was offered by Billy's manager, James. Before I brought the car in for emissions, I made a very conspicuous mark inside with dirt on the drivers side door. When I picked up the car that afternoon, not only was nothing cleaned, this mark still appeared when I picked it up. I understand clean is subjective, but everyone knows when a car is clean or not, and what it means to be detailed. In essence, Billy basically lied to me in person. Twice. I foolishly purchased the extended warranty. When I came in to get the emissions done (2 days later), I verbally requested to cancel the warranty. Billy said it would be "taken care of" and would reflect within three billing cycles, of which each cycle was 30 or 45 days. Keep in mind that I have 60 days to cancel the warranty with a full refund. When I spoke with Derrick, the main financing rep, he said he was not aware of any request for cancellation of the warranty, nor that you or anyone else were involved (Again, 0 communication). Whether someone else was taking care of it or not, he is the finance representative, and should be made aware/held accountable for something related to financing (I'm assuming that is the job role of a financing representative at McMahon Ford).To this day, I have no reasonable reassurance that the extended warranty has been cancelled other than car salesmens' word that it will be done. I definitely was not given adequate time to read over the warranty contract, or most of the financing documentation. I was given one key to the new car as was told that since "this is all they have, this is all i get." As there is way more to this review then I can enter, this dealership does not have the customer in their best interest. These are exactly the type of salesmen that give car salesmen a bad reputation in general.Based on this, I would not buy or get service done at this or any McMahon Ford in St Louis.

Great service no hassle just made a deal

by from Stlouis, mo |

Salesperson gave a good price to make no back and forth just straight talk. Car runs great.