Inver Grove Toyota

1037 Hwy. 110, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077

Incompetent Service Department

by from Minneapolis, MN |

I brought my vehicle in for service and it cost $600 to fix the problem but they did not remedy the underlying cause even though there was a service bulletin from Toyota to do so. Two months later my car was having the exact same issue and the service manager refused to take responsibility for their obvious negligence. If you want to pay a ton of money for a 'free' cup of coffee and the chance to look at a sweet fish tank, this is the place to go. If you want your car serviced properly, I would look elsewhere.

Great Dealership!

by from Minnesota |

I worked with Vinny and he did a great job! Very pleasant and he worked to understand what i was looking for in a car. I would work with him again!

Nice Place to do Business

by from Minneapolis, MN |

From first contact to final close, this dealership was very professional, courteous and performed exactly as promised. Clean used car, reasonable negotiation on terms and had the paperwork and delivery organized and ready to go as promised. Derek ERickson was the salesperson and was a gentleman to deal with. No games.

Inver Grove Toyota responded to this review

December 27, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice words. Have a great Holiday season.

unpleasant place...

by from St. Paul |

I purchased a new Prius V last week. The extended warranty was way over priced and when I wanted to cancel it this week they were very rude and down right insulting. The twin cities Toyota dealerships together have fixed really high prices for extended warranties. If you find out how much they cost in other states you will be surprised. Hope Toyota makes this standard so we don't get squeezed by these dealerships. The cancellation policy on these extended warranties is not clearly explained. If you decide to cancel your monthly payment does not go down. The principle comes down and you pay off the loan faster. I wish I knew this before I signed the dotted line. My sales person was really good, but the rest of the place feels really unpleasant. The business managers are so rude, pushy and unpolished. Go check the lounge and you will get the idea. I own a Hyundai and Nissan and this was my first Toyota. I am sorry I switched. These dealerships treat you way better and you don't feel like you are at a bus station.

Inver Grove Toyota responded to this review

December 27, 2013

Nick, you are a 100% percent correct, and thank you for allowing us to explain how the warranty works in MN or for any state or vehicle, if you finance the warranty and vehicle,and you cancel, it reduces the payoff, NOT the payments, or money back, because you never took money out of your pocket. it was financed as part of the loan. IF you would of paid CASH for the vehicle and warranty, you would of received cash back. this is the same for everybody. I appreciate the opportunity to go over this with everybody, as it is confusing. thank you, Dave Rikess Internet Director Inver Grove Toyota.

Inver Grove Toyota Sales Dept outstanding service

by from Cottage Grove, MN |

I recently traded my Honda Pilot and purchased a 2013 Rav 4. The buying process was very enjoyable. My salesperson I dealt with his name Keith "Vinny" Vincent was very well informed on the vehicle specs and accomodating. I will definitely buy more vehicles from them.

They did a bait-n-switch on me

by from invergrove,mn |

The whole concept of bait-n-switch is that the dealer tells you they have the car you are looking for and when you show up then they say it's sold. It happened to me there recently. I will not go there.

Bad Car

by from Brooklyn Center, Mn |

Salesman felt like we were wasting his time. Car had rust and when I pointed it out, he just mumbled and walked away.

Very Easy!

by from Minneapolis, MN |

I would have to say that I expected a lot more headache. This was my very first car purchase. The folks at Inver Grove Toyota had sold the car that I was initially interested in. However, they were very quick to find me a similar vehicle that was in really good condition. I did not have to haggle a lot. They worked with my outside financing without trying to push their own financing down my throat. They replaced the brakes on it before I picked it up, and had it fully detailed. They also are taking care of renewing my tabs since they will expire before I can get my title. I am just really pleased with the service I received, and would definitely consider them for my next purchase down the road.

Great Service and I'm Happy with my purchase!

by from Little Canada, MN |

My Sales person was Tyler Lee. I was looking for a used 4x4 and I really appreciated the time he spent discussing the car with me and I am very happy with my '09 Ford Escape and the overall buying process from start to finish. I will definitely let my family, friends and coworkers know of the great buying experience at your dealership! Thank you very much!

license tabs

by from Coon Rapids, MN |

A family member purchased a Rav-4 last summer (2012). The deal was great. Service has been a run-around. We realized the other day that the tabs were 4 months expired. This dealership never mentioned anything about the tabs to my family member when this vehicle was purchased. Whenever I have purchased cars, either new or used, the dealerships that I have personally dealt with ALWAYS provided the first issue of license plates or tabs. My family member was never informed about when the tabs will expire when the vehicle was purchased. We never received a tab renewal notice in the mail. We had to scramble at the last minute to get funds to purchase the new tabs, once we realized they were 4 months expired. GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE involves taking care of customers, and supplying plates, or the first license plate tabs, when they purchase the car. The dealerships that I deal with always inform me UP FRONT that the tabs will be due at a certain time, and that they will call me when they receive the tabs. An employee at the DMV confirmed this fact for us, that IT IS THE DEALERSHIP?S RESPONSIBILITY to take care of this with the purchasing customer when it comes to tabs and/or license plates. That confirms what I have always experienced. My family member was told by this dealership that they do not to that when we called about this today. This is simply NOT TRUE. In all of my vehicle purchases at other dealerships, they have ALWAYS - without fail - taken care of this for me. This could have cost us a lot more money, had we received a ticket. We are choosing not to do business with this dealership in the future.