First Marshall Auto Auction

398 E 147th St, Harvey, IL 60426

Used 888-223-9554

John in Green Bay

by from Green bay |

After leaving numerous requests, on numerous cars, for more information I gave up. Not once was any attempt to respond to my request was made. Now reading some of the reviews I will not waste anymore time with this dealer. Not long for the world as they say.

not bad..its auction..great prices

by from des plaines |

its a auction...bring nerves and time..some people dont like it some do,,,bring your own chair..but price are realy good

Just a waste of time....

by from Evanston,il. |

Poor service,don't waste your time to that place.too many hidden charges and taxes.Most of the cars in their website is no longer there.

They say in ad call for test drive.

by from East Chicago,In. |

I called and they said that I would not get get to start the car before I buy it. I would have to wait for the auction and see if it gets put in auction to see it run. There ad at bottom ." or call us at (there phone number) today to schedule your test drive."

DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!!

by from Hammond In |

they advertise vehicles with great mileage/prices to get you into thier auction. most of the time they DO NOT have the advertised vehicle all the tim they tell you many different stories to get you thier and keep you there. In my case I called and was told the vehicle was available and to come on down. When I got there I was informed by a rather unfriendly rent a cop that everything happens at 5pm so I returned at 5PM and then was told that I need to register for the auction (the ad had a price to by directly) and was told to go into the storage lot, look for the vehicle and wait for a salesman.Not only was the vehicle not in the lot but no sales rep showed up! then after asking another employee about the vehicle they told me to wait until the auction started and ask one of the floor sales people to show you the vehicle because it was in a different lot then the auction vehicles! after asking 3 different sales reps who basically ignored me and the 15 other people there to by advertised vehicles I was led to another area as if the sales rep was going to show me the vehicle (FINALLY) but to my surprize I was told that he didn't like my attitude and that I had to leave!?! Cash in pocket ready to by a vehicle and they didn't want to sell me one because i wasn't going to buy an auction car!!!

Not Worth The Drive

by from South Haven MI |

Nothing about this place made sense. I emailed the establishment and it took more than a week to get a response. I received a call from a pleasant lady whom I told I would be coming in from Michigan. I asked about the preview times and was told 5 - 6 pm on Wednesday and 12-1 on Saturday. I arrived on the stated Saturday at 12 pm with the printed ads of the cars of my choices and was told that the viewing time was actually 11 am to 12 pm. I was then told that I must have misunderstood (really - knowing that I had a 90 minute drive surely encouraged me to get the times right). I was quickly directed to register and then slightly guided into the auction building. When I attempted to inquire about the availability of the ads I was holding, the not-so-nice guide told me, he didn't know, he just dealt with the registration. Once in the building, I realized that the orchestration and organization of this event was poor at best. After 5 minutes of "bobbing" and "weaving", my daughter and I of 5' 2" soon realized that we would never see a vehicle pass through the auction hall. This was by far, the worst purchase experience we never had.

Terrible Customer Service

by from Warsaw, IN |

They never got back to me regarding my inquiries. I am very disappointed with how they treat customers or potential customers.

Kevin from MN

by from SW MN |

I emailed them several times to get more information on a vehicle. They will not return a email. They will only contact you via phone. They called while I was at work, so I returned there call. They lady I talked to was nice but didn't answer any of my questions. Couldn't tell me how many miles on the vehicle or anything else other then it was still for sale and they they deal with a lot repossessions. I asked her to please try to find out the miles, and such as I live 9hrs away from them, and didn't want to waste my time driving there, but she told me that they don't have that info. I have never heard of someone trying to sell vehicle either private or dealership that couldn't tell a potential buyer how many miles the vehicle had on it. I ended up get a subscription to CARFAX and running the VIN number to find out more on the vehicle. I still am looking and still considering looking at this place as there prices seem to be pretty reasonable if I don't find anything closer first.

great service

by from chicago ill |

Well I saw the car on the Internet they called me asap with imformation about the car and told me what I needed I had no problems with this company so far I can recommend them to a friend or family member asap

I was Lied to and told false information

by from Rolling Prairie, In |

I saw their ad online. They had a truck advertised. I called to ask if the truck was still available. I gave the receptionist the stock number and she said it was for sure there. So I drove an hour and 30 minutes there. I stood and watched all the cars go through for two hours and 30 minutes. I asked about the truck, a guy told me they sold it two weeks earlier. I explained that the receptionist said it was there. The man then explained to me that they tell everyone the same thing to get them there so they will buy something. So then they tried to sell me a car instead of a truck. I was lied to. Told false information. I would say the quality/price of vehicles was not bad but I would not trust them or recommend them to anyone. Will never return!