Certified Auto Sales

5238 Northwest 2nd Street, Des Moines, IA 50313

Used 888-714-7694 Used888-714-7694

We're not afraid to sell cars, If we can put a deal together we will.

Great Experience

by from ST. Augusta, MN |

I wanted to take the time to share my experience with Bob and his operations at Certified. I purchased an older Chevrolet Cheyenne truck from them. Considering the internet has a dubious reputation I should clarify that this sale started there and ended in person. The steps in-between were nothing short of storybook. Bob's description of the vehicle I was looking at was spot on. If I had to give two words to describe Certified's operation they would be Honesty and Integrity. Being an operator of a fleet of vehicles by day and an admirer of the classics by night, I have bought my fair share of vehicles over the last 30 years. Don't be afraid. Thanks Bob! Love the truck. Most likely will be back for more.

November 8, 2015

I'm Happy that truck went to a great home and I know you will love it as much as we did the short time it was here. We look forward to helping you again in the future. Thanks Bob

Daughters first car

by from Des Moines, Ia |

Looking for my daughters first car. Bob worked with us within our price range. Found a gold Honda CR-V that was perfect for her. Carlos and Bob were great to work with. No pressure and they treated my daughter with the same respect as me. It made her feel important. Would recommend them and will go back again. Patrick A. ps: cookies were a nice touch!!!

Very pleased with purchase and experience

by from Waukee, IA |

I bought a Chevy Volt from Bob and Certified Auto about 2 months ago. The buying experience was great. No high pressure. The car looked just like it had on the site. I really like the car. Ran into a couple hiccups after purchase that Bob took care of. We both knew he didn't have to as an "as is" sales is as is but appreciated the extra effort they took to make things right. I'd recommend people to buy from them as a dealer without hesitation.

January 18, 2016

Thank for the Review Josh, and thank you for putting your faith in our business. We hope to someday get the opportunity to help you again. Bob Dougherty

Purchased twice

by from Des Moines, IA |

I purchased a 98 Mazda Protege from Certified Auto about two years ago and it still runs great. I've had no issues with it, what so ever. My boyfriend recently was in the market for a new vehicle and this was his first and only stop. The prices are good and the buy here, pay here option is great for someone like me with bad credit! Everyone is friendly and helpful. I will always recommend Certified Auto to anyone looking for well priced, dependable vehicles!

November 8, 2015

I know you have choices of who you do business with and I'm Thankful you chose us Stacie. Thanks for your support. Bob

Best Used Car Buying Experience Bar None ~~~

by from Cedar Rapids , Iowa |

Took the drive from Cedar Rapids to Des Moines not knowing what to expect. Wow Bob Dougherty has an excellent thing going. The car was just as explained over the phone if not better. I have purchased lots of used vehicles all over the country and this place is at the top of the list. I would send all my friends to visit his Great facility. The price was incredible and we were in and out in no time at all. Will be buying from him again soon.

January 20, 2015

It was our pleasure and we look forward to doing Business again, whenever you are ready. Thanks again:)

2nd purchase...

by from Urbandale IA |

We just reciently purchased a 2007 Chevy Suburban from Certified Auto, and this is our 2nd vehicle purchase. We are very happy with the service and sales from there. They have always treated us more than fair and the prices were great. I am glad that the Des Moines market has such a trustworthy place to buy vehicles! Thank you Certified Auto for all you do!

December 12, 2014

Thanks for your continued support of what we do. We hope we to have the opportunity to serve you again. Bob

WONDERFUL BUYING EXPERIENCE!

by from Johnston, IA |

WONDERFUL BUYING EXPERIENCE! The owners are easy and relaxing to work with. I got a great deal and the Prius I bought runs like a champ! I have put over 150,000 miles on it and haven't had any issues with it.

December 11, 2014

Thanks for your purchase Misay, I'm happy to hear of your experience over the last few years. We hope we have the Chance to serve you again someday. Bob

Nice people and great service.

by from Des Moines |

We ran into an unforseen problem with a Ford Mustang we bought from Certified - they didn't have to do anything (No Warranty was pretty plain on the window sticker when I got the car) But they went above and beyond and fixed the problem without my having to even ask. Everyone I dealt with there was great and the service after the sale was outstanding. Five stars.

November 4, 2014

Thanks for your purchase Tony, I hope you guys enjoy the Mustang :)

Great deal !!! '02 Tahoe

by from Des Moines, Ia |

Very friendly family owned and operated, and there dealership was as nice and as clean as any new car store I've been to. Will definately go back the next time I need a car.

January 29, 2015

It was our Pleasure assisting you. Thanks Again.