Grossinger Kia

Used 888-507-3384
Service 888-379-1746

Be Careful

by from Chicago, IL |

A few pieces of advice for dealing with Grossinger Kia: 1. If they advertise a special at a price that seems too good to be true, then it probably is. 2. Just because they claim a car is in stock, doesn?t mean they will be able to produce it when you get there. Unless they guarantee they have it and it will be there when you get there, don?t be surprised if it was ?just sold.? 3. Don?t feel pressured to look at other cars because you are already out there. The other cars will likely be priced much less competitively. 4. If you feel that you haven?t been treated fairly, start by contacting the local management. If you aren?t happy with the response you can file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and/or the Illinois Attorney General Consumer Protection Division.

Sold me a "used" car with a SALVAGE TITLE!

by from Evanston, IL |

In Sept. 2010 I bought a 2008 Kia Rondo. In Dec. 2010 I was at my mechanic's shop and he said "you bought a salvaged car??????". Of course, I did not know anything about this as my car was financed and therefore I have not seen the title. My mechanic pointed out a sticker along the rim on the driver's side door that clearly indicated this was a salvaged car. Went back to the dealer in Dec. and after four hours I left as they said they could not get me financing. Well, probably not as my credit report is showing one car loan and do you think they explained anything to anyone, no. I felt I was stuck with the car for the time being and they had told me it had a 10 year warranty etc. Well, now of course they won't honor any warranty as I have a SALVAGED CAR that they sold me as a used car and I paid used car prices, not SALVAGED PRICES! I got approved for another car loan on my own and went back there recently as I decided it was time to get rid of this junk since the air conditioner had stopped working. Mind you, they had installed a new compressor when I bought the car. Well, do you think they offered me a fair trade in? No, of course not. They offered me a salvage trade in which would only pay off my loan. This left me nothing to use toward another car. However, I have gotten two offers from them in the mail recently to trade in my Rondo whose value is around $8,000 according to them. Well, when I did go in there all they were willing to do was give me around $5,000 to pay off my loan. STAY AWAY FROM GROSSINGER KIA. If I had money I would hire an attorney to fight them. Perhaps I will just file a complaint with the attorney's general office for selling SALVAGED CARS as Used cars. This is the first time I have ever bought a used car and it will certainly be my last time ever buying from GROSSINGER. They are dishonest and they don't care about you once you are out the door.

What a mess!

by from Indiana |

Lies, deception and broken promises. Their Internet Sales department is off the lot with no direct communication with actual sales team. Wasted many many hours prior to the sale making sure all is ready when picking up my vehicle. And what? When arrived 2012 van was dirty from sitting on a lot for days, would not even start due to dead battery. Inside required vacuuming and basic cleaning. All of this supposed to done ahead of time. I called hours before arriving and was assured it will be ready. Also, the price increased by $1k even though Christian, "from internet sales" assured me that the price is agreed as in my original email. The Store Manager claim he never approved, so Christian lied lied lied. Never got him on the conference call to do a three way and admit it, Grossinger manager was verifying story off line. Spent over three hours that night at the dealership to close the supposedly all done deal. NEVER trust them even in wring. I could never talk to the same person, always messages were relayed and conveniently changed. WORST experience ever, especially after I made sure all is covered before driving out there out of state to pickup my van. Even the title paperwork that was to be sent to me the next day took 3 days to resolve with many phone calls on my part because dealership could care less. The next month I have purchased a new vehicle from Rosen Nissan. I was out in 45 minutes, everything ready to go. Now, that's service!

Dishonest and unethical

by from Northbrook, IL |

This dealership is poorly run and provides false advertising. They were advertising 3 new Kia Optimas from the 2012 model year with no miles but in reality they were all units that had more than 5,000 miles and in one case body damage and wheel damage. They also attempted to low ball my trade in a full 33 % below KBB trade in value. To top it off they attempted to switch pricing on an advertised car I was interested in. The showroom is shabby, crowded and disorganized. The lot is small, no customer parking, and loud obnoxious music is playing in the showroom. If you read the reviews, you'll stay away. The Arlington Kia store is far more professional.

the worest sale people ever

by from chicago il |

don"t buy a car from grossinger they promise you thinks then when you sign everything is off and they treat you like dirt i bought a lot of new and use cars there the worst dealer ever.dollar first you never.

New Kia Guy

by from Chicago, IL |

I was looking for a 2013 Kia 5-Door with the Tech and Leather packages. I found a website that put me in contact with three dealers who each sent a "certificate" with a price on it. One of these dealers was Grossinger. The accompanying email claimed that they had a large selection of this vehicle. I took a friend's Kia in for servicing, and while there visited the sales area. The salesperson took me to the lot, and lo and behold there were ZERO of these available. He said he would try to find me one from another dealer and went to talk to the manager. I heard the manager telling the salesperson that there were no cars with my desired features anywhere in the multi-state region, and to sell me a different car! I told the salesperson that I would try somewhere else. While waiting for my friend's car, I checked the Kia website and within minutes I found eight cars with my desired features within 150 miles of Chicago. How about that? All this occurred about two weeks ago, and I ended up buying one of those eight cars from Palmen Kia in Kenosha, WI., and was really pleased with the whole process there. To top off the whole Grossinger experience, today I received another email from them again touting their huge selection of 5-Door Kia Fortes! This kind of thing is, to me, what gives car dealers a bad name. I'm not an expert, but the whole thing really felt like the ol' bait and switch to me - tell them whatever they need to hear to get them in the door and then sell them what we want them to buy.

OK... Not stellar

by from North Liberty, IN |

It was a pleasure working with the people we did. Nice folks. The vehicle price and condition came to be what we expected! The buying process took far longer than I've ever experienced in my life. We knew exactaly what vehicle we wanted, came to terms and were there an additional 3 hours while the salesman went back and forth with different things. Communication and efficiency need to be addressed. They also would not fill up our tank, even though we drove from 2 hours away to get our vehicle. Beyond all that we were satisfied.

Worst of the Worst!

by from Northern suburbs |

Was looking for a used vehicle, called and told it would be waiting for me for a test drive. Once there, i felt like i was at sea swimming with sharks! the car I wanted to test drive took 25 min to be brought to me. The vehicle was dirty on the outside and the inside was no better. Ok, no biggie...i turn the car on and the engine light comes on..sales man says "don't worry, we can repair that" needless to say i was not interested, before leaving, the sales man says "what if i cut u a great deal, will u consider it"....Worst experience ever...

Grossinger Kia responded to this review

April 1, 2012

We thank you for spending the time to express your dissatisfaction with your experience. Our staff is trained to have the vehicle ready and in tip-top shape for our customers. We apologize this was not the case for you. The Grossinger Auto Group has been in business since 1928 by making customers for life. We would like to extend the offer to further communicate via phone should you wish to do so, please contact me, Denise Jaeger (847) 324-5892.

Weird Behavior!

by from Kansas |

Very strange experience. I asked for an advertised (New) 2011 Kia Sorento on Monday, got the immediate interact response immediately. That was it. No further reaction. Called again on Tuesday. The ossagreed on a very reasonable price. I explained my situation. I wanted this car that I was willing to pay a deposit because I needed to arrange Air Transport to go to Chicago to pick up the car. Additionally I asked for pictures, to see the car. They were promised as well as to contact me with details on Wednesday. Again no call back on Wednesday. Finally Thursday I received a call but had to explain everything from the very beginning. Nevertheless I still wanted to buy the Sorento. The salesperson promised to arrange everything and call me back. Friday I called again and asked again for the pictures. It took me 6 (!!) people to finally have my salesman at the phone. He told me that I have to talk to his ossagain, who would call me back. Friday evening I received two pictures probably taken with a mobile phone camera of last century. You couldn see a lot but one thing became clear. The new car (advertised with 0 miles) was used with nearly 500 miles That it. One week, four mails, 6 phone calls no result. Thank you very much for this customer friendly behavior. Not to recommend. Only one guy (Abe) tried to safe the situation last weekend, too late....

Great dealer!

by from Chicagi, Il |

I went shopping for a new Kia Rio at Grossinger. I was planning to take a look at the car a get a feeling about how much the asking price was going to be. The sales people at Grossinger were very helpful and friendly and made me a very good offer. We had a misunderstanding regarding my trade-in vehicle. Initially I was offered an amount for my trade-in, but a few days later some complications made it impossible for them to take my car. So they offered to either scratch our deal, or to give me the amount for the trade-in anyway, toward the purchase of the Kia. Throughout the whole process they were very helpful and easy to deal with. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. They offered the best dealership experience I've had so far!