Legacy Chevrolet

(2.3) 5.0 10 Reviews

3615 Manchester Expy, Columbus, GA 31909

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

by from georgia |

Recently purchased a Cadillac and realized after going home that it did not have the owners manual have been calling them for the last several wks with phone tags and run around and being told several times it is ordered and will be here in a wk for the last 5 to 6wks with no response yet with no further response by the anyone including the manager who was contacted several times.

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

by from Columbus, GA |

THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE AND IVE DEPLOYED TWICE. THE CUSTMER SERVICE IN THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT WAS NONEXISTENT. INTOOK MY CAR TO THEM ABOUT A YEAR AGO ON THREE DIFFERENT OCCASSIONS AND MY CAR WAS STILL NOT FIXED. THEY KEPT MY CAR ALL DAY ONLY TO TELL ME THE NOISE I WAS HEARING WHERE CD's IN MY DOOR. AFTER REMOVING ALL OF THEM THE NOISE WAS STILL PRESENT. NOW A YEAR LATER I TAKE MY 2013 CADILLAC CTS COUPE TO SERVICE MY AC. I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR MONDAY AT 0800. AFTER HAVING MY CAR ALL DAY AND HEARING NOTHING I CONTACT THEM AND THEY TELL ME THEY HAVENT EVEN LOOKED AT MY CAR YET. I GO UP THERE THE NEXT MORNING ONLY TO BE TOLD MY CAR WILL NOT BEEN SEEN UNTIL THAT FRIDAY!!!!!! WELL WHY DID YOU GIVE ME APPOINTMENT FOR MONDAY?

In search of solid service mechanic from dealer.

by from Columbus, Georgia |

I'm reading these review and I'm not pleased. while stationed in Alaska is Chevy dealer there wanted to charge me almost $6000 to do some service, change transmission lines, change the fluid in the transfercase rear differential fluid , front right hub and other minor service. Long story short my truck is serviced for 1,500 dollars elsewhere. Now I need a new transfer case. Legacy Chevy wants to over $2600, I truly didn't expect to pay that much, but it can be expected. Moreover, I have to get the work done before hawling a loaded trailer over 1200 miles. If anyone out there can provide assistance with possible lesser cost and Solid Servicing of my transfercase for my 2004 Avalanche will be greatly appreciated. Thanks your Soldier Timothy

Service department over charges!

by from Columbus, GA |

I took my Trail Blazer in for service. They stated I needed a fan clutch, thermostat, and a water pump and the cost would be $1500.00. I paid for the diagnostic price and took my business else where. All I need was the WATER PUMP. They would have had me pay for all those parts but replaced only one for that price. REALLY!!!

Legacy Chevrolet responded to this review

December 3, 2014

Our goal here at Legacy Chevrolet is to ensure our customers are provided with the most accurate information concerning the repairs of your vehicle. Based on the diagnostic ran on your vehicle, it was determined your vehicle needed the necessary repairs that were mentioned to you. Once a diagnostic is ran, our technicians are provided with diagnostic codes that indicate what service or repairs the vehicle is in need of. This takes human error out of the equation. If the repairs are not completed, the customer is provided with the repair order and signs for the denial of the repairs. It's unfortunate another company will do partial repairs leaving the customers vehicle to eventually malfunction. It is your right to pursue other options for your vehicle; however, your vehicle was in need of the repairs stipulated in your service request with us. You are a valued customer and we certainly want to keep your business. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly concerning your questions, so we can discuss them with you in more detail. Thank you again for your business and you can reach us at 706.322.8888 or by email at serviceadvisors@legacychevy.com. Thank you!

Appointment oil changes

by from Columbus Georgia |

I would not recommend buying an oil change plan with your vehicle. I have had my car for a year and a half. I have ONLY taken it three times to get the oil changed/ tires rotated at the dealer. Each visit to the dealership has resulted in a 3 plus hour oil change. Even with making an appointment and asking for the time it would take, they have never even been close to the quoted time schedule. Today I took it in at my appointment time, and now 2 and a half hours later I just find out someone quit this morning. Why couldn't they tell me that when I walked in at 1:30? I would have been dropped off. Very unprofessional and not considerate of their customers time. It would have only taken telling the truth about the time.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE TO GET FIXED

by from COLUMBUS, GA |

THE MECHANICS ARE VERY POOR AND THE MANAGER DOES NOT GET ON TO THEM ABOUT IT. I HAVE TOOK MY CAR BACK TO THEM REPEATEDLY FOR THE SAME PROBLEM AND THEY HAVE YET TO FIX IT AND I DO NOT EVEN KNOW IF THEY ARE TRYING TO FIX IT. THEY SAY IT WAS THE FUEL PUMP WELL ITS NOT AND THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS. SO MANY EXCUSES MY CAR IS OLD, IT DOES NOT ACT UP, ALL JUST BOGUS. COULD NOT GET IN CONTACT WITH MANAGER, GM COULD NOT CONTACT THEM, - THEY ARE TRYING TO AVOID PROBLEMS AND MAKING THINGS WORSE. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO HERE.

Thanx Jason Neale

by from Columbus, Ga |

I want to say that legacy chevrolet has been the greatest car dealership I have ever gone to. Jason Neale is an awesome salesman and I owe him and his manager Mike a great debt of gratitude. They helped me get a 2012 Chevy Malibu. My previous car a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer was literally falling apart on me and I had alot of negative equity and they got me from and apr of 18.25% to 10.9% apr. And they worked hard and non stop for 3 days to get a bank to finance me. And they were finally able to get me a deal and i greatly appreciate and all the hard worked to me. And they also expressed tremendous gratitude for my service in the US Army. And they made me very welcomed and took excellent care of me and i recommend them to all my friends, family and anyone else in the market for a vehicle. Thanks Legacy for your hard work and getting me into a new car.

Terrible customer service in the service dept

by from Bonaire, GA |

I have had ongoing issues with this service department for going on four months. It began in November when I took my car in for a warranty covered oil change and some other service work. The oil changes was the main reason I brought the car in to the shop. However, they didn't change my oil. I spoke with the man who was the service leader at the time, Garnett Ray. He apologized for overlooking the oil change and offered to pay for a rental car so that I could go on a scheduled trip while they changed my oil (I couldn't drive my car because the trip would have put my car's mileage well over the mileage for the scheduled oil change). In January, I received a bill for the rental car. I called the new service leader, Mark Connor, and he told me that he would take care of it. In February, I received another bill for the rental car. I called and spoke with Mark Connor again, and this time he told me "it's not my problem" and flat out refused to make sure the bill is paid. My advice is to not trust anything the service department promises you.

Legacy Chevrolet responded to this review

May 22, 2012

Dear S Lynn, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Scott Miller. I am the new Service Department Manager. I can Not begin to appologize enough for the inconveniences or poor attitudes of previous employees; However, I am calling the rental companies and will contact you...We will pay the bill. I have many years experience in all aspects of the car business. My goal in accepting this responsibility is to make extreme improvements in our service department regarding customer service and satisfaction. From the time of your arrival in our service lane, to the time you pick up your vehicle, I want to ensure the best possible service and satisfaction we can offer. I have been, and will be, making many changes in our personnel and protocol. This process will take time and effort from my entire staff, and we now guarantee a great experience with No exceptions. We will strive to achieve our new goals. If you are an existing service department customer here at Legacy, I urge you to continue using OUR facility while we make the transition. I can personally guarantee that you will see vast improvements in many different aspects of our dealership in the very near future. We thank you for your loyalty and business, and know that we value all of our customers and would like to be your go to dealer for many years to come. If you have never brought your vehicle to Legacy for service, I recommend that you give us a chance to earn your business and respect, so you will tell everyone you know about your experience with us. We will strive to be second to none when it comes to meeting your vehicles needs. Please give us a try, and we will prove to you why we consider our facility and staff to be top notch. Rest assured, you will not be disappointed with the improvements. From all of us here at Legacy Chevrolet Cadillac of Columbus, Thank you, and we look forward to assisting you with all of your vehicles needs. Sincerely, Scott Miller Service Department Manager

Thanks so much!

by from 36867 |

First of all, thank goodness no more BILL HEARD CHEVY... Second... Whole new experience at Legacy. I shopped all local dealers for a specific type of used vehicle. This is the only one in the area that quoted the same price on the lot that was posted online. The local Ford dealer quoted $6,000 more on the lot than posted on the internet.... Legacy prepped my new "used" vehicle so nicely. Nitrogen in the tires, fresh wash and detail, fresh oil change, full tank of gas.. Never would have known it was a used vehicle. Recent management changes at Legacy are awesome. I'll deal with Mr. Barker anytime!! I recommend!

good experience

by from Columbus, Ga |

I found the salesmen and managers to be very professional and very helpful in helping me to make my decision. I would recommend buying your car at Legacy!