Greater Chicago Motors

1850 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60642

Used 888-899-3148

Salesman Sold Himself Out of a Deal

by from Chicago, IL |

On 11/18/2014, we visited the dealership to look at and test drive a pre-owned Mercedes. We liked the car very much, and decided to talk numbers and negotiate a trade-in offer. The salesman sold himself out of a deal. The salesman was younger, had an unnecessarily huge ego, and was completely insulting to me and my wife. I'm not sure 'Tool' is enough to describe him. A 'schyster' maybe?? That's probably beyond this guy's vocabulary though... It got to the point where he almost wouldn't let us leave the dealership. It was just awkward, uncomfortable and embarrassing actually. Though, we got a huge laugh about him after we left. Sorry 'dude' - You're a used car salesman, get over yourself!! lol. Much like the review Steve provided below, this guy called me several times the following day and left lots of voicemails. Guess that car isn't so easy to sell after all. If it was that great of a deal, he probably wouldn't have to stalk a potential customer like that. Pretty creepy actually. When I returned his call, I told him we found another vehicle that was better value for our money. No love lost. Then the guy literally hung up on me. We've been out to lots of dealerships, and have never had such a horrible experience. But, thanks for the professionalism and really stellar customer service, Demetri!!

awful dealership

by from Fort Wayne, IN |

I called the GCM store in the morning to schedule a tour with an audi Q7 in the afternoon. I drove 3 hours to get there. I called while driving to make sure the car was going to be clean and ready for "inspection". They said " no problem" When I finally got in the store the car wasn't there.......... Mark (the sales man) said, my colleague's wife usually drives this car and she is not here now........ what the heck is that!!!!! The sales man argued about the timing and hours he told me on the phone like it was my fault. I drove with my wife and my baby for 3 hours + 3 hours back home for nothing!!!! He promised me to call me back before the end of the day to tell me that I could come back and review the car then..... and he never did it. I guess his colleague's wife preferred to keep driving the Q7. I just read the other reviews and I am VERY VERY happy I did not buy anything from this store with this mediocre service level (I had my checkbook in my pocket!!! I was hot to do so!!!!)

Car searching

by from Lakewood,CO |

Barry a salesman gave inaccurate info about the car, said the tire were new and they were not. Detailed poorly and took over 5 hours to properly detail. Chad the sake manager was helpful but a bit disorganized but worked the deal. Happy with the car for not actually seeing ir test driving t prior to purchase. Was a very good price compared to my state. The delivery driver showed up at 10:40pm and the car was filthy so very hard to inspect it. Overall I'm happy with the car after spending 16 hours detailing it and checking it out since no paperwork came with delivery. Did notice a brand new battery in the process that nobody bothered to mention, bonus. In today's market you can buy online and ask all the questions you need to be reassured if a good car. I do think they should offer a return option like other dealers in case your not satisfied. But that's car sales for you. Take the time to get the answers you need to be informed. I asked about maintenance records and was told there was none. Then I opened the glove box and it has all from original owner. They should have known this but did not look I guess. Craig Lakewood, CO

Greater Chicago Motors experience

by from Kansas City, Mo |

I purchased a care from Greater Chicago Motors that I found on Cars.com. I do not live in the Chicago area. I went by there word as to condition of the car. I paid for the car through wire transfer as I thought they would stand behind their product as they said they would. When I received the car it was in poor condition. They said the tires were at 60% + and they were bald. The brake pad and other warning lights were on. They said it had been thoroughly checked out by Range Rover the month before and in excellent condition. The car wouldn't start when I received and had to take it to repair shop to fix battery connection problem. The interior which was described as excellent condition smelled of smoke which is almost impossible to get out. They didn't mention this. I wanted to return the car at my expense and they said I bought it and couldn't return with out paying thousands in return fees. Barry the General Manager said he would help fix problems but wanted to said the parts for repair. He sent two bald tires, and didnt send other parts after repeated request. I spoke with owner and he was going to check into problem and call back. He never called back. Barry tried to send me a check for a $600 dollars but ask me to agree that the service was satisfactory. I would rather not take there money and write a review of my experience. I would not recommend buying a car from these guys without having 3rd party review from top to bottom before you give them any money.

5 STAR DEALERSHIP

by from CHICAGO |

THIS DEALERSHIP DESERVES 5 STARS!!!!!!! FROM THE MOMENT I WALKED THROUGH THE DOORS TO TEST DRIVE THE 2010 JAGUAR XF I WAS SHOCKED AT THE AMOUNT OF FRIENDLINESS THAT SURROUNDED ME! THESE GUYS ARE NOT ONLY KNOWLEDGEBLE BUT MADE MY CAR BUYING EXPERIENCE A PLEASURE! BUYING A USED LUXURY CAR CAN SOMETIMES BE A STRESSFULL DECISION BUT BARRY HAD MY MIND AT EASE FROM TEST DRIVE TO PURCHASE! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE GUYS! 2 THUMBS UP FOR GREATER CHICAGO MOTORS!

A Pleasant Surprise

by from Milwaukee, WI |

I recently purchased a low-mile'd Porsche from Greater Chicago Motors, and wanted to let other review readers know of my experience. Let me start off by saying I had to drive several hours to get to their location and I am also a hard guy to please, so the odds were stacked against them. I wanted to be able to look over the car extensively, I would review every inch for imperfections, and I would undoubtedly be requesting things on top of the purchase price. Going into the purchase I expected to be let down in each of these areas, but to my pleasant surprise my experience was exactly the opposite. Despite the seemingly tattered environment surrounding the Greater Chicago Motors building, there is a great business inside. The operators are gentleman (especially Mark Reed, the rep that assisted). Most sales reps seem to push a car as fast as possible to avoid the buyer picking up on flaws, but they invited me to make a deep inspection - even let me use a handful of their tools (I probably just got someone in trouble). Needless to say, I bought the car. I am now ~2,000 miles into ownership with no issues, and love it. All-in-all, I am not convinced that I could have had a better experience, and I would recommend Greater Chicago Motors to anyone who has interest in their auto selection.

Professional, great service

by from Goshen, Ind. |

I had a great experience, didn't waste my time or theirs. Got a great car in very good shape. Highly recommend these guys, you won't be disappointed.

worth the drive

by from Nevada, IA |

Worth the drive We drove in from Iowa to check out a camaro and traded our's in on it. Nick and Barry worked together to accomplish a smooth, timely deal. We talked to Nick on the phone prior to coming and when we arrived early Barry kept everything moving along. They worked with us to swap out the tires, the camaro we were buying had ones that were much more worn. This saved us money! We greatly appreciated that! Everyone was very helpful.

Tons of top quality cars all under one roof.

by from Ann Arbor, MI |

I recently purchased a BMW Coupe for Greater Chicago Motors, and I was blown away!! I had been looking for a replacement car for months, when I found the BMW at Greater Chicago, I made contact with Nick. Nick did everything he could to give me as much information as I asked, whether it was about the car or financing he was there for me. After meeting Nick in person I was amazed with their facility and the cars they had in the building. Nick and Barry helped me with all the financing and made it possible for me to get this car. Thanks Nick and Barry for your outstanding work in finding the best cars on the market and making them available for many to enjoy!

Great Deal at Greater Chicago Motors

by from Joliet, IL |

I have purchased many cars in my life but this was one of the easiest by far. The truck was a great price and what I considered below the actual value. I would buy another car/truck from them in a minute. Nick was very friendly, helpful and easy to work with, he was prompt at answering questions and returning calls. There was not a single hiccup at any step of the transaction! This was a used vehicle and there were a few minor items that needed to be fixed after the sale. When the parts came in, they were installed very quickly to my complete satisfaction. That totally blew me away, I wasn't expecting the speed or the customer satisfaction after the sale! I don't see how you could go wrong buying a car from Greater Chicago Motors and from Nick especially. Great job GCM, Great job Nick!