#1 Cochran Volkswagen of South Hills

New 866-963-8176
Used 866-906-8281
Service 866-726-6104

#1 FOR A REASON

A good feeling. Exceptional staff.

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

The best way to describe my experience here was an easy, stress free one. I had no doubt that the price on the vehicle I was purchasing was upfront and honest due to the research done by the Cochran team. (I did my own research prior to stepping into the dealership and it was exactly what they had, so their numbers were right on!) I told them what I was looking for and my budget and they seamlessly matched the right vehicle at the right price. The staff was great. Marty was very knowledgeable about the vehicle and even was there when I stopped the next day with a few more questions! In addition, the customer service rep at the front even provided me with some brochures and info. The finance manager made the paperwork portion easy. The Manager, Paul Kaseman, was genuinely concerned about my satisfaction with the VW I chose. I LOVE my new car and the team at #1 Cochran was exceptional.

Made it easy.

by from Pittsburgh PA |

As new US residents without an established credit history the process of buying a car and obtaining finance is complicated (if not downright scary)! Cochran's made it easy for us. Their staff were polite, very patient and understanding of our circumstances. The Foriegn Buyers Plan is a real winner and enabled us to lease rather than buy a vehicle. To the best of our knowledge no other local dealers offer this service (or if they do they are unable to explain it as well as the Cochran's team). All the paperwork was in plain English and effectively explained to us. By the end of the process we really trusted that the team had our best interests at heart. Also, Cochran's went out of their way to find the exact model and colour Passat that we wanted. The only improvement might be that during the search for the vehicle (over two weeks), the team could have updated us on progress a litte more regularly. Otherwise it was an excellent experience.

#1 Cochran Volkswagen of South Hills responded to this review

May 28, 2014

Jon - we're pleased to hear your buying experience was a positive one. Thank you for the kind words and your business. We appreciate your comment about more frequent updates during the purchasing process. This feedback is very useful and allows us to continually improve so we may deliver the best possible experience to our customers. Thanks again and enjoy your new car!

Alice N. Upper St Clair

by from Upper St. Clair, Pa. |

I just drove home in a beautiful red beetle convertible. My salesman, Nash, was knowledgable, polite,eager to help. I had an excellent experience buying my car.

Alice N. Upper St Clair

by from Upper St. Clair, Pa. |

Top notch presentation and sales person.

by from Dunbar, PA 154431 |

My experience of dealing with #1 Cochran Volkswagen of South Hills was very pleasant. The transparency of the process was excellent. No pressure sales tactics. My sales person was Knowledgeable, and very helpful. I feel that he went out of his way to provide what I was really interested in. He gave me good feed back on each model of the Volkswagen Jetta as well as other Volkswagen cars. He actually helped me with the pros and cons of the different models. I was very pleased with the entire process. And I would recommend the dealership and sales person to anyone.

Great place to buy a car

by from Pittsburgh pa |

All that I can say is that the process at cochran vw is absolutely the best . Very stress free and very relaxed . Scott was an absolute please to work with in making a deal on my new car . This facility is an Absolute please to work with everyone is very helpful in the entire car buying process . Can't say anything but good things about this dealership and the quality workers that they have there . Thanks again Scott .

Did what I wanted plus washed my car!

by from Pittsbrugh, PA 15227 |

I Utilized the repair facility at #1 Cochran Volkswagen of South Hills with total success. Not only was the work done as expected, on time and with excellence, they washed the car and let it dry in a heated environment. With the winter raging in western PA, and temps in the single digits, having the car dry before putting it outside is critical. They did a good job for the work expected and having a properly cleaned car was more than I asked and very welcome!

Prompt service and friendliness of staff

by from Harmar Townshp |

I was very concerned that my 2010 VW Jetta Sportswagon was going to stop when my engine light came on and I was warned on the screen that my battery was low!! I took it in on Friday and the staff promptly determined what my problem was. I don't drive it enough!!??? It is a diesel and apparently I have to really get out on the highway and drive fast to burn out the carbon. That good old diesel.......good mileage and an excellent quality car. I thought it was a bad battery or an alternator. Anyway, my Husband's car, which is the same model as mine but a year younger, needed to be inspected, so we both made appointments at the same time with Cochran. In an hour or so, they were back to us telling us with the good news that his had passed inspection with flying colors and mine just needed a new flap that was sticking. That would take care of my electrical messages. I appreciate the good quality people who work for the agency and the promptness of the mechanics in getting the work done. It is all done with the comfort of the customer in mind. We really appreciate the quality care that we receive when we drive to Cochran, because, we live in the Fox Chapel area and have to drive across town for our service.

Awesome experence

by from Pittsburgh, Pa |

This is the 3rd car I purshased in 2 years and the sales staff again went above and beyond for me. The dead that Paul Kaseman gave me bead 2 other dealerships in the ared woth out any negoations. My salesperson, Breandee Stratigos, for the 2nd time spent 2-1/2 hours hand typing in all of my GPS contacts for me. The only draw back to them is the fact that they do not offer loaner cars for service work. This also has been fixed as I found out the day I got me car. As the fact that Brandee explained that they do now have loaner cars. This was proven to me because they gave me the loaner for the day so I didn't loose the day of work while they transfered my GPS contacts. I will highlt recomend this dealership to all of my family, friends, and co-workers in the future. Thank you again for a plesent experience.

Highly Recommend Cochran

by from Pittsburgh |

I had an older Volkswagen and it was time for an upgrade to something new. I chose VW again and had my eyes set on a specific black on black GLI Autobahn for my first car that was all mine. Brandee Stratigos and the rest of the Cochran staff members were extremely helpful and friendly as soon as I stepped into the dealership. Brandee worked with me on pricing and options to make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted while still staying within my budget constraints. She knew all of the vehicles inside and out and was extremely knowledgeable. Every random question I had for her, an educated, informative response followed. She was never pushy or tried too hard to sell the vehicle. She presented the facts of the car in a way that made them seem so appealing you didn't want to turn it down. They did not have the exact car I wanted on site but they found it at a dealership in Ohio and quickly made a trade for my car and brought it in. Brandee was also always available after I left the dealership by phone or email which was nice and convenient for all the questions I had. The whole process was fast and fairly simple. I got a great deal and an awesome car! We shopped around but Cochran South Hills was definitely the best price and friendliest/most knowledgeable employees.

Good but needs improvement

by from Pittsburgh pa |

The in store sales team is great. There are a couple people however who need to brush up on their customer service skills. I disliked the Internet sales team. Rude and unorganized. Process was easy, happy with my purchase. I say overall they are good. There is room for improvement.

#1 Cochran Volkswagen of South Hills responded to this review

September 30, 2013

Thank you for business. We understand your disappointment if you do not feel you were treated with the respect you deserve by ALL of our team members. We're very sorry to hear this. If there's anything we can do, please let us know. We'll definitely address your specific concerns and appreciate your feedback. Sincerely, #1 Cochran Customer Care Team