#1 Cochran Volkswagen of South Hills

New 866-963-8176
Used 866-906-8281
Service 866-726-6104

#1 FOR A REASON

A good feeling. Exceptional staff.

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

The best way to describe my experience here was an easy, stress free one. I had no doubt that the price on the vehicle I was purchasing was upfront and honest due to the research done by the Cochran team. (I did my own research prior to stepping into the dealership and it was exactly what they had, so their numbers were right on!) I told them what I was looking for and my budget and they seamlessly matched the right vehicle at the right price. The staff was great. Marty was very knowledgeable about the vehicle and even was there when I stopped the next day with a few more questions! In addition, the customer service rep at the front even provided me with some brochures and info. The finance manager made the paperwork portion easy. The Manager, Paul Kaseman, was genuinely concerned about my satisfaction with the VW I chose. I LOVE my new car and the team at #1 Cochran was exceptional.

Outstanding service department

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

Cochran VW South Hills service department is by far the best I've experienced over the past 3 decades of car ownership. Steve Sorvino bends over backwards to help and assure satisfactio. After a somewhat rocky sales experience Steve and the service department have earned Cochran VW a 5 star rating!

Great new VW! Cooperative and enthusiastic VW team

by from Pitsburgh,PA |

We just bought a new Golf R and love the car. We did this through the preorder lottery and had never worked with Cochran or our salesperson before. The preorder process which was set up by VW was a bit clunky but the staff at Cochran smoothed everything out. Brandee (spelling is correct) was our salesperson and she was possibly more excited than we were with purchase. She was attentive to our needs without being intrusive. The whole staff worked hard to make the purchase negotiations fair and fast. They were well organized for the day of the sale and were able to move us through the process quickly. We transferred the plate to the new car and they even renewed the registraion for us because they noticed it was close to expiring. There was a practical but not overwhelming orientation to the new car that made us comfortable with the trickier parts of operations (synching bluetooth and that sort of stuff). My wife is looking for a new car and has narrowed it down to three different brands that Cochran carries. Brandee is already working on gathering them all in one spot so my wife can take a comparision test drives (with her golf clubs) without traveling all over the Pittsburgh area! I expect that kind of service when buying an Audi or Lexus but for VWs and Subarus it is really appreciated. Their facility is compact and modern with comfortable seating and complimentary beverages. The only drawback is they don't have enough room to keep a lot of cars under cover so visit on a nice day. The team there certainly compensates for that minor issue.

Searching for the right car

by from Canonsburg, PA |

My husband has been looking for a car since October. He is very thorough and likes to take his time and see what deals are out there. We have a VW dealer near us but, we stopped by your dealership and Nate was very nice and knowledgeable. I knew my husband wasn't ready to make a commitment since he just started looking but, Nate would call us and leave a message about specials and didn't forget about us like other dealers. Because of the great sales person that Nate was is why we came back to #1Cochran to buy our Passant. We love the car. Lots of leg room in the front and back, a nice size trunk and back seats that fold down, and it has lots of features that we were looking for and more and the price can't be beat. We are thrilled to start our New Year with a new car from #1 Cochran!

no clue...

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

This is probably the worst car experience I've had. Nobody in the showroom they were in a "employees only" room and kept coming out one at a time. The employees don't know what's going on or even if a car is on site.

#1 Cochran Volkswagen of South Hills responded to this review

August 19, 2014

Jim, We understand your disappointment if you didn't receive the excellent customer service experience you deserve. We're sorry if you weren't promptly greeted by our team. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service record among our competitors, and this will certainly be addressed with our team. Can you send your contact information to feedback@cochran.com so we may reach you directly? We would very much like the opportunity to make it up to you. Sincerely, #1 Cochran Customer Care Team

Made it easy.

by from Pittsburgh PA |

As new US residents without an established credit history the process of buying a car and obtaining finance is complicated (if not downright scary)! Cochran's made it easy for us. Their staff were polite, very patient and understanding of our circumstances. The Foriegn Buyers Plan is a real winner and enabled us to lease rather than buy a vehicle. To the best of our knowledge no other local dealers offer this service (or if they do they are unable to explain it as well as the Cochran's team). All the paperwork was in plain English and effectively explained to us. By the end of the process we really trusted that the team had our best interests at heart. Also, Cochran's went out of their way to find the exact model and colour Passat that we wanted. The only improvement might be that during the search for the vehicle (over two weeks), the team could have updated us on progress a litte more regularly. Otherwise it was an excellent experience.

#1 Cochran Volkswagen of South Hills responded to this review

May 28, 2014

Jon - we're pleased to hear your buying experience was a positive one. Thank you for the kind words and your business. We appreciate your comment about more frequent updates during the purchasing process. This feedback is very useful and allows us to continually improve so we may deliver the best possible experience to our customers. Thanks again and enjoy your new car!

Alice N. Upper St Clair

by from Upper St. Clair, Pa. |

I just drove home in a beautiful red beetle convertible. My salesman, Nash, was knowledgable, polite,eager to help. I had an excellent experience buying my car.

Alice N. Upper St Clair

by from Upper St. Clair, Pa. |

Top notch presentation and sales person.

by from Dunbar, PA 154431 |

My experience of dealing with #1 Cochran Volkswagen of South Hills was very pleasant. The transparency of the process was excellent. No pressure sales tactics. My sales person was Knowledgeable, and very helpful. I feel that he went out of his way to provide what I was really interested in. He gave me good feed back on each model of the Volkswagen Jetta as well as other Volkswagen cars. He actually helped me with the pros and cons of the different models. I was very pleased with the entire process. And I would recommend the dealership and sales person to anyone.

Great place to buy a car

by from Pittsburgh pa |

All that I can say is that the process at cochran vw is absolutely the best . Very stress free and very relaxed . Scott was an absolute please to work with in making a deal on my new car . This facility is an Absolute please to work with everyone is very helpful in the entire car buying process . Can't say anything but good things about this dealership and the quality workers that they have there . Thanks again Scott .

Did what I wanted plus washed my car!

by from Pittsbrugh, PA 15227 |

I Utilized the repair facility at #1 Cochran Volkswagen of South Hills with total success. Not only was the work done as expected, on time and with excellence, they washed the car and let it dry in a heated environment. With the winter raging in western PA, and temps in the single digits, having the car dry before putting it outside is critical. They did a good job for the work expected and having a properly cleaned car was more than I asked and very welcome!