Nicholas Auto Sales

Nicholas Auto Sales

240 Broadway, Menands, NY 12204

Used 877-581-7848

At Nicholas Auto Sales we work hard to earn your business before and after the sale, since 1989!

My new car!

by from ballston spa ny |

MY overall shopping experience at Nicholas Auto was outstanding!! I am a single mother on a budget and did not get treated like you do on some of the big lots. The staff was kind and actually listened to my needs and wants. I would definately recommend them to anyone I know looking to be treated the right way.

More Spin from Nicholas Auto

by from Watervliet, NY |

This is in response to the reply dated January 20, 2014, to my original review: That's not quite the way the deal went down. I was informed of the lower interest rate offered by the bank BEFORE you and I ever spoke. That rate was based on my trade in alone serving as my down payment. It was the deal that when you and I DID sit down to talk, we agreed on. Then, the next day, you informed me that you supposedly spoke to a DIFFERENT loan officer and he "needed" an additional $ 500 down to complete the deal. Thus, the bait and switch, did in fact occur. Again, folks, stay away from this dealership, especially if you want an honest deal and don't wish to wait 3 months to have the car registered with DMV, a process that would take any other dealership just a few days to provide !

Incompetent, bait and switch as to down payment.

by from Watervliet, NY |

I would not recommend this dealership to anybody. Steer clear. First, after we agreed on a price for the vehicle I purchased, I got a phone call the next day and the owner informed me that he would need another $500 to complete the transaction. Supposedly, he spoke with a different person at the bank than he had previously, and this new loan officer required more of a down payment to OK the loan. Next, it took the dealership THREE MONTHS to get the car registered. I heard all kinds of excuses throughout this process. First a worker at the dealership had allegedly "signed the title transfer" in the wrong place. Then the paper work was screwed up. When I checked with DMV and a rep called the dealership, she was told there was a death in the family and they would "take care of it." Very sloppy office work and poor follow up by the owner. I have purchased many, many cars over the years and it has never taken more than a week or so to get my permanent registration. Incompetence galore.

Nicholas Auto Sales responded to this review

January 20, 2014

Nicholas Auto sales for 28 years have always strived for the best deal for there customer after that hand shake. There was no bait and switch. You wanted to purchase a malibu with no money down. Based on credit and other circumstances we obtained a approval with $1500 & $1700 down with a rate of 9 to 9.99% we got you a 5.99% with $500 down and never mention a good vehicle with no problems. There was a problem with you title and took time to correct. Sorry you were disatified however i think we saved you a lot of money and provided a reliable vehicle.

Worst dealership by far

by from Albany ny |

Do not trust this dealership, if you don't plan on shopping around elsewhere this dealership is not for you. They will try everything in their power to get you to buy a car, they will call you daily till your ears bleed. I made a deposit on a car and they would not refund me after I chose to not buy the car, they said they would not refund me because I was looking around at other dealerships, which I clearly told them about. They will tell you that they have tried there best to help you with your purchase but in reality they are in it for the money more than customer service. They wanted me to buy a beat down car that I told them I would gladly purchase if they would at least make the car more presentable to drive, they are not negotiators, it's their way or the highway. Do not go to them unless being RIPPED OFF is in your vocabulary.

Nicholas Auto Sales responded to this review

September 26, 2013

Sorry you feel this way. I tried contacting you to rectify the situation and were unable to reach you. Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss this. We have been in business for 28 years and have thousands of satisfied customers... I'm sorry that we couldn't please you. - Tony

Excellent Service

by from Long Island, NY |

These guys are great. they explain everything and take the time to go over everything.

Great People

by from Albany, NY |

The owner was a pleasure and everything went nice and easy. They helped me find what i was looking for and made the experience easy.

Great Dealership!

by from Albany, NY |

Mr. Tony Nicholas (owner) was our salesperson and was pleasant and extremely patient and helpful. My husband and I had been "casually" looking for a vehicle for about 6 months or so and Tony's dealership was one of our first encounters. I love station wagons and Nicholas Auto had a few that were very attractive but didn't quite make me feel like "that's the one!" Yet Tony was pleasant and did not put pressure on us but rather asked if we'd like him to keep in touch with us periodically. We thought that would be great. To his word, Tony called every few weeks and we spoke of what new inventory he had obtained and what our interests were but it just wasn't a good time financially for us to buy a car. Then a few days ago I was looking at his website and came upon a 2004 Volvo XC70 that definitely caught my eye and our immediate interest. I called Tony and asked about it. He gave me more information and we made an appointment to go take a look at it. We saw it yesterday and today it sits in our driveway ~ ours!!! Mr. Nicholas was a super help in obtaining the right loan at the right price. The entire process took much less time than we thought it would and we have a car we love. Thank you, Tony! We encourage anyone looking for a good used vehicle at an excellent price to check with Nicholas Auto Sales in Menands, NY. They'll do right by you!

Excellent serivce

by from Albany,NY |

Seen a car on craigslist left my information and Tony called me back. He is truly a guy that tries and fights for you to get the car you want. I would reccomand them to anyone.

Boat Owner

by from Valatie, NY |

I had to trade in my car for an SUV in the same price range. They beat all prices for the vehicle I was seeking, by far. The staff is very friendly and responds to you promptly when promised. They had the vehicle I purchased in top notch shape when I came to pick it up and was very pleased at what they did. They make every effort to get you in a vehicle that you like and can afford.

Great from start to finish

by from Valatie, NY |

I needed to trade my car for an SUV in the same price range. They beat any prices I found for the vehicle I was seeking, by far. Very friendly staff and follow up when promised. They had the vehicle in top notch shape when I came to pick it up. They make every effort possible to get you in a vehicle that you like and can afford, as well as making sure the car is how you want it, as promised.