Rockstar Motorcars

Rockstar Motorcars

3003 Dickerson Pike, Nashville, TN 37207

Used 888-752-2605

Did not respond to my inquiry!

by from Olive Branch, MS |

The dealer never responded to my email to them. I purchased from another dealer in Memphis.

Why the negativity!

by from Middle Tennessee |

I bought my car from Charlie 3 and a half years ago. I absolutely loved the transaction, I never felt belittled, although, I am an older female! Most car lots treat women poorly, Charlie did not, he treated me with total respect. I still drive that car, still love it. You as a consumer have lots of options, you are not forced to buy a car ever from anyone. I have told everybody that will listen, to go to Rockstar. They are very accommodating. I am sure Charlie may not remember me but he helped with even taking my older car in to Nashville so my daughter could drive it home for me. When I get ready to purchase another car, I will be calling them up and telling them what I am looking for and I have every confidence that they will find what I want and sell it to me at fair market value. Thanks,

Rockstar is a good dealer to trade with.

by from Jonesborough TN |

I traded vehicles with Rockstar Motorcars last week. They went above and beyond what most any car dealer would do to trade with me. Its was a great trade and I am very happy with the results. Ask for D.D. he was my salesman and was very polite and went to great lengths to make the deal.

Rockstar is a pretty decent dealer

by from Nashville, TN |

I almost bought a ML350 from Rockstar. The Salesman did an excellent job of talking me out of a older model at Dixie; however when I found a better deal for a newer ML350, the Salesman didn't use the same principles to tell me to buy the better vehicle. I know RockStar is in business to make money so I didn't get upset.

BE CAUTIOUS OF THEIR CARS MAY NEED MAJOR REPAIRS.

by from Nashville, Tennessee |

Our initial view of this company was great! Their selection of cars was awesome, and the service was great. Everyone working at Rockstar Motorcars was friendly and never pushy. They made you feel very comfortable about purchasing a car from them; I guess we know why now. After a few months of purchasing a used 2007 X3 from them we started having major issues with the car. When we took the car to the shop we found out there is over 3,000 dollars? worth of repairs that needed to be done. Rockstar Motorcars was notified of the issues, but of course they were not concerned at all. They did not offer anything besides having the option of ?trading it back in? which would mean we would get less back for what we already purchased the car for. All in all I would HIGHLY recommend staying away from this company. They clearly were looking for a sucker to purchase this vehicle to get it off their hands and we happened to be those people. If you are seriously interested in one of their cars please take it to a mechanic that you trust. It is not worth it.

Rockstar Motorcars responded to this review

June 9, 2014

Dear Disappointed, We are always disappointed when we are unable to make a customer or potential customer completely satisfied. That is always our goal. Occasionally, a customer expects more than we can deliver. The car business is a tough one. We sell everything from $100k exotics to $3k dollar trade ins. We strive to treat all those customers alike. This is a case where a customer bought a 7 year old car from us "as is" on January 4th, drove it for nearly 5 months and then notified us May 23rd of pending or existing issues. This was the an actual excerpt from his email..."We were wondering if you guys have an in house mechanic to look at the car and possibly give us a quote for repairs? I do not really know what I am looking for by letting you guys know about my situation, but I felt you should be aware". My immediate response was "Call A_____, our preferred import mechanic at 615-___-____. He will give you an honest estimate as to what needs to be done". I also offered to take the truck back in on trade. I did not give any quote and we had no additional conversation about value or trading. We are sorry that the next step was to write a bad review. 5 months is a long time to drive a 100k mile vehicle, purchased as is, have no contact with the dealer, and then expect the dealer to pay for the repairs. Of course, the customer never asked for us to fix it. Again, his exact words were "I am just looking for some help in finding out what I need to do to fix this and make it safe to drive at the cheapest price". We are still here and happy to work out a solution that changes their opinion of Rockstar Motorcars. Obviously we prefer that to having unhappy customers poor reviews posted.

Chevy Volt and great service

by from Muncy Pa. |

Looking for a Chevy Volt for quite some time. Rockstar had one available at a price that was quite good. Talked with Alex and discussed the details of the car and tried to get an idea of some of the history of it before I made an offer on it. After a few phone calls, we got to a number I was happy with and I decided to buy it. Drove 820 miles one way to pick the car up. I arrived there to find the car in excellent condition and exactly as advertised. Not disappointed one bit and was quite surprised to see that they actually had similar electric vehicles for sale next to mine. Was glad to see they had an interest and knowledge in this type of vehicle. Don't know what else to say other than well worth the trip and would look there again for a possible purchase down the road. Well worth the trip.

Awesome customer service

by from Kingsport,TN. |

On Monday, I bought a 1974 Toyota Landcruiser with the help of Ben Shuster. I have purchased many cars through the years both in person and off the internet. This purchase was as good as any that I have ever had and will recommend ROCKSTAR to anybody. Excellent customer service, fair price, and knowledge of the product will keep me coming back to you. Thank you Ben for a great transaction.

Knowledgeable and Polite

by from Nashville, TN |

I really enjoyed working with Charlie Gardner and his staff to identify my most recent purchase. It is obvious when a company has a focus and that is the case with Rockstar Motorcars. They work in niche areas and they are able to dive deeper to understand your desires and motivations for a particular vehicle. I would recommend them to any specialty buyer looking to fill a void with a speed demon or classy 4X4.

Excellent customer service and a great vehicle

by from Baltimore, MD |

After spending quite some time searching for a used Prius, Rockstar had exactly what I was looking for and gave me a very competitive price. I worked with Ben and Charlie and they were both very professional, honest, and informative. They answered all of my questions in a very prompt manner and had the car immaculately detailed and ready to go when I picked it up. I've had the car for a while now and haven't had any problems with it - and I just took it in today for its 100K tune-up! Overall, I highly recommend Ben and Charlie and plan to call Rockstar next time I'm in the market.

Bad saleman ship, Buy elswhere

by from Nashville TN |

I've bought and owned many vehicles throughout the US! However I have never been so belittled and spoken to as "less of!" I've never heard of Rockstar until I was looking into purchasing another classic vehicle. When push came to shove the sales person refused to budge and insisted on insulting myself, and my intelligence! I'm not a resident expert on buying, nor selling vehicles; however I do have knowledge on the afore mentioned vehicle I wanted to purchase. In fact I found the approximate same vehicle with better options, lower miles, and a higher price tag (not much more)! Needless to say I plan on spending more then expected; thus getting exactly what I want! It's all about getting a better bang for your buck, and never forgetting whom you are talking too, and that the consumer is the one that keeps food on the tables. Granted, I'm fortunate to make the income that I do make; however I refuse to be taken advantage of, and insulted! Especially with the economy that we are in! It's appalling to see how horrible customer service has become! If I were you I'd buy elsewhere; besides, whom here believes that a salesperson is really trying to make a $750.00 dollar profit. Be honest with your numbers, and the business with flow. Commercials are nice; however, word of mouth is power! And you never know who you are talking to! Sad, because in my line of work I know a lot of prominent people!!

Rockstar Motorcars responded to this review

February 26, 2014

Wow, what can we say about this one? We're all about freedom of speech but should anyone with a mouse be able to just vent on a Cars.com review? These reviews are available for anyone to fill out whether they buy a car from us or not and they can be constructive but a bad review because you did not like the price hurts all of our dedicated hard working staff in other departments such as our friendly receptionist, mechanics, detailers etc and their families. We strive to resolve all issues so we can have all 5 star reviews, but a placing a negative review late night after a few beers too many shows that a reviewer just really wants to complain. An email or phone call to a manager would serve to address an issue, correct bad behavior when it happens and avoid muddying the waters for an entire organization that works as hard as we do to be excellent. SK, nobody is going to make you buy a car from us, its obviously your choice but when talking about pricing on a classic car how can you know what is worth without seeing it in person? Your suggestion that we are not "honest about the numbers" is perplexing. How do you know what we are making in profit? You talk about horrible customer service but don't say what was wrong other than you did not like the price. If you were insulted please email me at charlieg@rockstarmotocars.com and tell me what was said. We will never tolerate our staff being less than cordial but hiding behind a bogus review does not bolster your side of what may have happened. Oh, and we don't use commercials... we have built our business with word of mouth. This is why we welcome all feedback directly so we can do the best job possible before someone just prematurely defiles our reputation like you have attempted to do here.