Palisades Volvo/Mazda

55 N Route 303, West Nyack, NY 10994

New 866-579-1687
Used 866-804-3692
Service 888-829-3256

Our Business Principles: Fair & Competitive Pricing, Excellence in Service, Integrity

Terrific car buying experience!

by from NY, NY |

My search for a new(used) car started two months ago after our family wagon of 19 years konked out on us on 80 East just outside of NYC. To say that I was not looking forward to the process of having to look for a new/used car is an understatement. In fact, I was simply dreading the idea. The thought of having to peruse endless online listings for cars that matched our needs and budget coupled with the logistical challenge of figuring out transportation to dealerships to test drive vehicles (no car!) and then having to go through the negotiating process with slickly-trained salesmen was...overwhelming. All of my trepidations and concerns, however, were assuaged by our sales rep Christopher Kinder who, by all accounts (mine, my wife and in-laws), was anything but the stereotypical car salesman and handled the sale of our car with great aplomb efficiency and professionalism. I first contacted Christopher Kinder via email after having come across a car listing while conducting a search for a 2009 Jetta Wagon. He was very responsive and answered all of my initial questions and concerns about the vehicle. Mr. Kinder didn't try to get me into the dealership "at all costs" but, instead, patiently responded to all of my questions. It wasn't until after the majority of my questions had been answered that he offered to pick me up in Tarrytown (easy train ride from NYC) and take me to the dealership. We thought this was a very nice gesture as most dealerships would let most potential customers find their own way to them. After about 1 week of back and forth correspondence our negotiations heated up and Mr. Kinder and his management team found a way to make significant movement on the price to make it possible for us to afford the vehicle we were interested in. We were especially pleased that the Mr. Kinder and his management team were not adverse to conducting negotiations via email correspondence and understanding that sitting in a dealership office conducting multi-hour negotiations was simply not going to be an option with us. The day before we arrived at the dealership we sent our car inspector from LemonSquad to the dealership to inspect the car. Mr. Kinder made sure the inspector was allowed to test drive the car, hook up his diagnostic computer and inspect the vehicle. The report we received from LemonSquad was detailed and thorough and gave us the reassurance that going to see and test drive the car the next day was the right decision. LemonSquad also made concerted efforts to make sure their inspector performed the inspection within the time frame we requested. When we arrived at the dealership we were greeted warmly by Mr. Kinder and offered refreshments. Our in-laws were taken to a client lounge and my wife and I were taken into Mr. Kinder's office. After answering some of our questions, Mr. Kinder took us outside to inspect the car and go for a test drive. The condition of the car was immaculate for a car with several years under it's belt and seemingly heavy use. Everything worked as advertised and any faults that we noticed had been previously disclosed to us by Mr. Kinder. No surprises are the best surprises. We also received similar professional service from John Tenore who handled the financial documentation in a quick, expedient and professional manner. The car was everything (and more) Mr. Kinder said it was and we were are very happy with our purchase. The service we received was excellent, efficient and professional. All in all, we had a terrific buying experience and we all would suggest that anyone looking for a Volvo, Mazda or used vehicle go ask for Mr. Christopher Kinder at Palisades Volvo.

Deceitful Dealership, Horrible Experience

by from Wilton, CT |

If you?re looking for a dealership with integrity, stay away from Palisades Mazda. I tried to buy a car from them, and found them to be dishonest and the experience distasteful. Let me explain. I was looking for a used Mazda CX-9, had visited this dealership previously, and was contacted by the salesman who said he had just taken in a car that was perfect for us. My wife and I returned for a test drive and the car was exactly what we were looking for. He quoted a price that worked for us, and we wanted to move forward. Two days later, he informed us that the car we wanted was driven the day before, was in an accident and seriously damaged, and was now no longer available. Two days later, he presented us with information on a ?sister car with similar specs?, but at a price $1800 higher. The car was not similar, it was the same car. When we reached back to the General Manager, and to the dealership?s owner, The Premier Collection, we received a phone call confirming what we already knew? that the salesperson had lied, that this was the same car, but that the price was now higher. I don?t know if they thought they could get more money from us or others, but this was insulting and disturbing. The General Manager said he was ?sincerely? sorry that we were lied to, but that he would not honor the price we were previously quoted, quoted multiple times. He offered to knock another $500 off the ?new price? because he felt bad about what happened, but would not honor any other price. I don?t know if I?ve ever received a less sincere apology. After what transpired, I candidly expected the General Manager to at the very least honor the offer made to us. Instead, he explained that the original offer to us was his cost. It seemed he had no problem looking beyond the dealership?s blatant dishonesty, as long as the profit was maybe not the full $1800, but no less than $1300. I truly did not expect this apology conversation to simply be a guise for a price negotiation. I guess it?s hard to put a price on sincerity and respect for one?s customers. I guess deceptive tactics are simply part and parcel of the negotiation process at Palisades Mazda. The irony is the websites of both Palisades Mazda, and their parent company The Premier Collection, spell out their 4 guiding principles, 2 of which are integrity and respect for the individual. Maybe someone in marketing should show the website to management. My wife and I have moved on and are purchasing a car from an unrelated dealership. We think it?s important to establish a relationship with a dealer you can trust, especially if you plan to return for service and more. I can?t speak to the other dealerships owned by The Premier Collection, and whether they conduct business in a similar deceitful manner. What I can say is if you?re looking to purchase a car from Palisades Mazda, at least go in with open eyes and know what you?re dealing with.

Palisades Volvo/Mazda responded to this review

June 13, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It is always our intent to provide our customers with an exceptional experience and when we fall short we always welcome input as to how we can get better. At Palisades Mazda/Volvo we employ a competetive one price strategy in marketing our pre-owned vehicles. Aggressively pricing our inventory to the market affords our customers a transparent and comfortable way to weigh the relative value between one pre-owned vehicle and another. We have found that the majority of our customers find this model the ideal way to purchase a pre-owned vehicle and builds trust with our facility. I am truly sorry that your experience did not match what our customers tell us that they liked best about their transaction. Although we may not have earned your business, I will avail myself for any issues that may arise in your ownership experience with your vehicle and if you have any servicing needs that we can help you with, please allow us to in some small measure begin to earn back your confidence. Frank Benedict General Manager Palisades Mazda

Great experience with all at Palisades Volvo

by from Red Hook, NY |

What a great experience buying my new used car from friendly and helpful Christopher Kinder. Chris is not your typical used car salesman. He made buying my car a pleasure and wouldn't let me drive off without thorough knowledge of the car. My car was perfectly detailed and had over a half tank of gas. I drove over 90 miles to purchase my Mini and am so glad I did. I highly recommend the dealership for offering me after purchase warrantees and not forcing me into anything I didn't want.

Cost request for used Mazda MX%

by from Fair Lawn, NJ |

I inquired about a used MX5 on their lot and exchanged several emails. They were very responsive and although could not satisfy my pricing requirements, I respect their communications.

Good experience

by from New York |

This dealership was great! After a very stressful week I had to bring my car into be serviced, I arrived at closing time.. Luckily the service manager stayed late and let me bring my car while providing a loner car, the next day I was emailed saying my car was ready for pick up! Thank you so much I will recommend all my friends here.

Terrible service

by from New York |

We recently bought a used car there and had the worst experience ever. After being there for hours and told that the car would be fully detailed and a minor repair fixed, we left there with neither done. They totally lied. We were told to use crazy glue to fix the problem. Do not buy from them unless you have to, it's been quite a headache. After complaining about the problem and a tire pressure issue, they agreed to fix it, but left the car undetailed again, used our ez pass and gas without filling it up. Unbelievable!!

Worst customer service not responsible

by from Stamford |

I wanted to buy a used BMW convertible and was in contact with this dealership for 2 weeks. Finally I took an appointment with them from a lady Jasmine and she gave me appointment with person named Tom. I 40 miles and I reached there on time and I was prepared to buy the car on same day but I was surprised when I reached there no body knew if I have an appointment and want to see the car. More surprisingly the car I was planning to buy was not there at the dealership and they told me that some times there employees takes the car without informing the management. Wowwww. I waited there for 45 mins no body knew where the car is. The manager Tom came he didn't even apologized to me once. I was really surprised with their behavior no body wanted to take the responsibility. I would suggest you to please thing not even twice but many times before going to this place.

Calvin is a great guy!

by from Dobbs Ferry, NY |

We've only been to this dealership once, but spent about 2hrs there working with Calvin "Klein" and his manager. We test drove three vehicles, and actually had fun doing it. Calvin was EXTREMELY friendly and down to earth. Unfortunately, they did not have exactly what we were looking for, but we left the dealership that afternoon strongly considering returning to look at some other vehicles. I'm not sure what happened to the other reviewer, but reading what he had to say left me feeling I needed to defend Calvin a little bit.

Worse customer service "EVER"

by from Rockland NY |

I went in to this place looking to lease a car for my 17 years daughter, I met a sale person name Calvin "Klein" that what he like to be called by. I told him about the issue about my FICO score I also showed him my credit score report and was told that is not bad and I can get an approval. He asked for a $1000.00 deposit but I felt it not necessary to leave that much because I am going to pick up the car by the end of the week so I left him a $500.00 He never return my call so I called his sale manager. To make a long story short I decided I really dont want to deal with this dealer anymore and asked for a refund of my deposit which they deposit week ago and was told in order for me to get my refund I must bring in the copy of the check to prove that they cash my check and fill in some forms in order to get a refund. It took me almost a month to get my money back due to the help of the Mazda USA main office putting a pressure on the dealer. Bottom line is this dealer is not doing the right thing and I am writing to warn other people about this dealer.