C J Lensing Motors Inc

C J Lensing Motors Inc

708 Short Street, Decorah, IA 52101

Used 866-697-7266

The home of the hard to find kind.

Excellent, professional dealer!

by from Manly IA |

The best car buying experience we have ever had. There was no haggling over price, being stuck in an office for hours and still not coming to a deal while a salesman runs back and forth playing games. They have very high quality cars, equipped well at an honest price. There was no reason to haggle over their pricing. I was happy to pay what they were asking because it was fair. I feel a lot of people will appreciate this style of car buying. They were very professional, but also friendly. A good smaller town trait that was nice to see for a change. Excellent father and son operation. Lastly their dealership and shop were very clean, modern and well taken care of. If you are looking for an honest deal you will not be disappointed.

Poor treatment

by from Gays Mills, WI |

I faxed them the purchase offer after driving an hour and a half to test drive it the previous evening. They ignored it for an hour and a half then refused to process it because someone had called a few minutes earlier to see if it was available to test drive and then tried to suggest I buy a different car they thought I might like. I spent 4-1/2 weeks to find the car I wanted to replace the car I had lost to an accident, so be dealt with in this manner is very unacceptable.

C J Lensing Motors Inc responded to this review

September 10, 2014

That is not what exactly happened Erin. You were in the night before looking at 2 different vehicles and not sure on which one. We gave you a credit application to fill out and you said you would fax it the next day. Early the next morning, before we received the application, a couple from two hours away called and said they were on their way. We told you we now had to give them first chance as they were coming to look at the car and they bought it. We gave you every opportunity the night you were here to purchase it but you couldn't decide. I'm sorry you we couldn't get together on the car but you will have to take some responsibility there. We do not run our business as you have described. I'm sorry once again for any hard feelings.

2010 Mitsubishi Endeavor

by from Pleasant Hill, IA |

Father and son dealership and they are two of the nicest people you will ever meet.

C J Lensing Motors Inc responded to this review

September 26, 2011

Shawn. Thanks for the review. You were also a Pleasure to deal with. Thanks Again. C.J.

Customer is always first!

by from Decorah, IA |

In the past I have absolutely hated buying new vehicles. When the process was done it made me feel I did not get treated fairly because I refused to play a game. My opinion has changed after I bought a vehicle from this dealership. They listened to what I wanted in my next vehicle. They gave recommendations based on their extensive knowledge about quality vehicles. Then they searched for the right vehicle that would meet my expectations. Not only did it meet my expectations, it exceeded them! I received a price for my trade and the new vehicle that was extremely fair without any games. They are very honest and upfront with their customers. Because of this experience with them, I will be their customer for my future purchases!