Gladstone Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM

5610 North Oak Trafficway, Gladstone, MO 64118

New 888-609-9578
Used 888-897-3795
Service 888-438-1124

Come see the difference with the Gladstone Guarantee!

Smoothest buying experience I've EVER had

by from Blue Springs, MO |

The crew at Gladstone Dodge made my buying experience stress free and with little trouble. I cant praise the internet sales crew for helping out with the purchase and being as forward with prices. Hands down the best purchase experience I've had. If your looking for a smooth transition from one vehicle to another this is the place!

No high pressure, very friendly and respectful.

by from kansas city, mo |

Scott found us the best car for our budget. He treated us with respect when we gave him our budget and we wanted a suv. He found the perfect car for us and I just love it. He was very kind and was willing to work with us on our bottom line and we left with the car we wanted and the price we wanted to pay. No high pressure at all it was completely up to me. I really liked that. I would definitely send someone to Scott if they were wanting to buy a car. He was awesome.

Buyer Beware!!!

by from Kansas City, KS |

I purchased a 2005 Chrysler 300C for $12,500 from Gladstone Dodge on 4/15/2013 a week later I had to take it back because the rear brakes begin grinding and was informed by the dealership that the rear brake on the passenger side had literally fallen completely apart. While they had my vehicle they also performed an alignment and balanced the tires. At not even 3 months from the date of purchase but just outside of the 3,000 mile warranty the front brakes begin squeaking, the rear brakes begin grinding, the AC went out, the driver side door handle broke off, the sun roof kept sticking in the fully open position, engine cylinders 5&6 were marked and Gladstone knew they had oil in them; if not repaired fairly soon the vehicle may need a new head gasket. That vehicle was not serviced at all before sticking it out on their lot to be sold. On 7/10/2013 I took that piece of junk to Car Max and was given $8,500 for it. That was the worst (money pit) I had ever purchased. I would never buy another vehicle from there nor refer anyone to them. I know smaller side lots that sell better reliable used cars. That vehicle should have been sold (as is). At least I would have know what to expect. @Gladstone Dodge, If you want loyalty provide reliability.

Not recommended for out of town purchase

by from Chicago area |

Bought a used Mercedes from them out of town. Purchase experience was good but when there were shipping delays and then damage to my car from the transport company, they were less than helpful. They used Passport Transport to ship my car and they too were very slow and difficult to deal with. Bottom line is that it took me a full month to get into my car from the day I paid for it.

Gladstone Disaster

by from Platte City, MO |

30 days after purchasing a 2010 Ram 1/2 ton 4x4 from Gladstone dodge I hit a deer. I was told by the body shop that this repair was "1800-2400 dollars worth of parts plus labor" and two weeks. 30 days later I am told that it could take 1 or 2 more months to get the parts to fix. When I offered to purchase another vehicle they offered $6500 dollars less than I paid for a vehicle that has been in the shop more than my driveway...3800 Miles = $6500??? This is my fourth vehicle in the last four years from Gladstone Dodge so if you think you will be better off GOOD LUCK!

Not Honest

by from mo |

Saw a vehicle in the newspaper for 12000 off of msrp. Went to dealership to buy vehicle and was told vehicle was 9000 off and if i wanted 12000 off i would have to buy a much more expensive vehicle.Dealership not very honest.

Negligent Repairs Lead to Totaled New Van

by from Gladstone, MO |

Gladstone Dodge is correct in their response to my 11/7/12 review when they say the "first accident" was "not severe" enough to total my new van; especially since the inattentive driver only scraped the front wheel and creased the door and fender. My insurance company request for a "new fender" was hardly an attempt "to have the vehicle totaled" as they absurdly assert. The new fender had preliminary insurance approval pending a supplement request from Gladstone Dodge. Their body shop manager's 4/28/11 email says his honest mistake with the supplement request caused my insurance company to decline my request for a new fender: "I double checked my supplement request...and I did forget to put the fender down. I am truly sorry.... (I) take full responsibility." But, after Gladstone Dodge's body shop tech sprayed primer all over the dash, windshield and door jamb; and smeared grease on both sun visors; and after Gladstone Dodge's regular detailer contaminated the interior and discolored the overhead DVD console with full-strength, concentrated commercial cleaner to remove the primer spray damage caused by their body shop tech; and after Gladstone Dodge's second detailer was hired to clean up their regular detailer's mess damaged the clear coat and body side moldings with a power buffer; and after Gladstone Dodge's Service Center damaged the headliner while replacing the discolored console damaged by their regular detailer; and after our insurance company determined they could not fix all the related damages without major repair work, that was when the damage was so "severe" that our insurance company "totaled" our new van. Gladstone Dodge says they "accept responsibility for (their) failures" and "always work for resonable (sic) resolution to (a) problem," yet after their shop extensively damaged our new van, they only offered us low-end trade-in value, while car experts say the "reasonable resolution" when a dealer damages your vehicle is to pay "blue-book retail value." Their GM invited us to discuss a "happy medium to get (us) a new van," but then despite their pledge of "NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED," he refused to negotiate or discuss our offer to trade at private party retail, even pay extra, refinance and split the missing options costs. Incredibly, I was told: "If you wouldn't have gotten into an accident in the first place, none of this would have happened." The Gladstone Dodge Body Shop Manager asked me for suggestions on detailers to try and clean up their detailer's greasy, mildewed mess. I asked another detailer for advice and forwarded it to him, and he said, "We might as well try them because we don't have anybody else to try." Emails document that he contacted this detailer and made arrangements to set up a new account, the vehicle inspection, hiring and paying them. When the detailer completed their work, we immediately took our van to the body shop manager for his inspection which found the extensive clear coat and body molding damage from power buffer polishing. Regardless of who "chose" the detailer, negligence law is clear: when a repair shop fails to exercise due care, the shop is liable for the damages and consequences from those damages. In their words: "If you wouldn't have damaged our new van in the first place, none of this would have happened." Had Gladstone Dodge fully "accept(ed) responsibility for (their) failures," truly worked for a "reasonable resolution," kept their written promise to negotiate a "happy medium to get (us) a new van," and shown they really do "value (us as) customers," we wouldn't have lost our 16-month investment and our new van to the salvage auction. That would have left us in the position to replace our '94 T

Negligent Repairs Lead to Totaled New Van

by from Gladstone, MO |

The 10/28/11 Gladstone Dodge Dealer Response to a positive review, says "...Most often all we here (sic) are the problems. We work extremely hard on customer service...it's nice to know we did it right." We also complimented Gladstone Dodge in our 11/1/10 email to their GM and our salesman to let them know "how pleased we (were) for...putting us in the vehicle of our dreams!" Unfortunately, they also turned the "vehicle of our dreams" into our worst nightmare. Here is the abbreviated history of our year-long ordeal. 8/23/10: Purchased new 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Crew. 3/19/11: Inattentive driver sideswipes driver door, fender and wheel. 4/27/11: Gladstone Dodge Body Shop tech sprayed primer all over the dash, windshield and door jamb; smeared body compound on roof and door and grease on both sun visors; dented door sill; damaged interior and exterior paint, trim and panels on both driver side doors, mirror and front bumper; and improperly welded new door and improperly refinished new fender, which required removal, refinishing and reinstallation. 5/5/11: Gladstone Dodge Sales expected us to take low-end trade-in value and a huge loss to replace our damaged new van with another 2010 van with fewer options, while nationally-known car experts say the right thing for a dealer to do when they damage a customer's vehicle is to pay the customer "blue-book retail value" for it. 5/11/11: Gladstone Dodge General Manager invites us to discuss a "happy medium to get (us) a new van." 5/13/11: Gladstone Dodge General Manager reneges on written invitation to discuss a "happy medium to get (us) a new van," and declares, "If you wouldn't have gotten into an accident in the first place none of this would have happened." 5/23/11: Gladstone Dodge's detailer saturates our new van's interior with full-strength, concentrated commercial cleaner to remove primer spray, which leaves an acrid, greasy residue throughout the interior; plus two floor mats are lost. 6/4/11: Gladstone Dodge hires second detailer to clean pungent, greasy and mildewed interior. Detailer discovers commercial cleaner discolored overhead DVD entertainment console. 6/6/11: Gladstone Dodge Body Shop Manager discovers detailer's power buffer polishing severely damaged clear coat and body side molding. 7/22/11: Gladstone Dodge Service Center damages headliner while replacing the discolored overhead console. 8/2/11: First contact: Dodge Customer Care assigns a case number but would not assign a case manager. 9/6/11: Gladstone Dodge Service Manager refuses to repair clear coat damaged by their second detailer, or replace the headliner his service department damaged. 9/8/11: Second contact: Dodge Customer Care again would not assign a case manager. 10/16/11: Gladstone Dodge offers compensation for headliner but not for the damaged clear coat, or a "real good deal on a new van"--which they would not do back in May despite their advertised pledge of "NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED." 11/25/11: Third contact: Dodge Customer Care finally assigns a case manager. (Chrysler LLC acknowledges it takes three calls to trigger the assignment of a case manager.) After learning we were forced to involve our attorney, she replies brusquely, "Then we can't help you." 2/27/12: Our insurance company declares our extensively damaged 2010 Grand Caravan SXT Crew a "Total Loss." 2/29/12: Spurned and abandoned by Dodge and their dealer leaving us with the major loss of our new van, 16-month investment, and our trust and loyalty in Dodge, we purchase a new 2012 GMC Terrain SLT2. 3/2/12: Our totaled 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Crew with only 18,824 miles is hauled off to be auctioned as "salvage." 10/19/12: Chrysler LLC Executive's Referral Group encourages us to share our Gladstone Dodge ordeal with consumer action and review venues as their dealer's treatment of us "reflects poorly" on their brand and products.

Gladstone Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM responded to this review

November 9, 2012

Gladstone Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and Ram is very sorry this customer is not happy with their van. The van was damaged in two accidents and repaired to industry standards. The owner declines to mention that the second company hired to detail the vehicle for the unsatisfactory oder was chosen and hired by the owner personally and as agreed Gladstone paid the bill. The second detail company is responsible for the paint damage and by his choosing the company the owner is also responsible as he chose, setup the detail, inspected and accepted the final product by this company. Gladstone only paid the bill. The owner attempted to have the vehicle totaled after the first accident and the insurance company declined as the damage was not severe. The owner refuses to accept any responsibility for any of the issues with the vehicle and the accidents it was involved in. Gladstone will accept responsibility for our failures and we feel we made every reasonable attempt to satisfy this customer. We at Gladstone Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep and Ram value our customers and always work for resonable resolution to problems.

2002 PT Cruiser

by from Belton, MO |

I bought this car used and was very surprised as the condition the car was presented in. It was extremely clean. Having just visited a dealer previously before Gladstone Dodge that DID NOT have the car clean. The car needed service due to a broke sway bar. I was treated professionally and the car was back in my car by the evening. I would buy from this dealer again.

Great Dealer

by from Cameron,MO |

Pleasant to work with;salesman courtesy not pushy ; treated well didn't feel pushed to do anything

2002 PT Cruiser