Mauer Chevrolet

1055 Highway 110, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077

Now I'm done too.

by from Cottage Grove, MN |

Took my Corvette in for an oil change. The front of the car was laden with oily hand prints, the interior smelled like oil, once I got home and checked the oil level, it was a quart low, radio was messed with, heater blower was messed with. Done with this guy...

Horrible Service Department

by from IGH, MN |

Taken my car here multiple times, every time they seem to mess something up. I am done with this place.

Key Made

by from Eagan,MN |

you know, I have never written a review before, But I felt I needed to because of what I experienced the other day in the parts dept. I went in to have a key made (the key has a chip) the guy behind the counter told me it would cost $80 some dollars. at first I thought he was joking but I found out soon he was not. I pretty much gave him the REALLY. Anyway, I left thinking rip off city here I'll never come back. So I went to a reputable Chevy dealer and had the key made for $22 dollars, Plus he told me how to program the key to my vehicle, which is a no brainer, but something I think they want to charge you a huge amount of cash for. No more Mauer Chev for me.

Not a name you can trust

by from St. Paul MN |

Bought a SUV in May '13. Spent at least 6 hours there; first- waiting to get waited on- I had to go to the desk finally to ask for a flyer on the SUV and then someone decided we may be serious; then paperwork which ended up being all wrong and we ended up with missinformation and had to redo parts of it a few days later; plus we were hungry and no one offered anything or suggested we could get something to eat nearby. Oh yes, we got a free small water which was good. Took SUV in for first - "free" oil change at just about 5000.00 and they rotated the tires and charged us over $26.00! Seemed a bit early to rotate but they got some money out of us in exchange for the "free" oil change. I also took off a morning from work as there was a loud rumblingnoise when I drive with the windows open. I was told they needed to test drive it to find out what was causing it. When I arrived the service manager immediately said what the issue was and he didn't need to test drive it as it was an aerodynamic issue. Then, I called back 6 months later to ask how much to get a broken taillight cover repaired and the service person had no idea and would not offer me any type of estimate-so they transferred me to the parts department - the cost of a new cover was was at least 3 times what our local auto shop costs. Each time I hear the ads regarding "two names you can trust" I am disgusted as it is not what I experienced.

Great experince

by from Burnsville |

I purchased my first car when I was pregnant. Mauer not only made my first car buying experience great but also made me comfortable. I was 7 months pregnant and while I was going through the process they brought me lunch. The staff was courteous and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. 1 year later I had an issue with the wheel, I went to another dealer closer to home and they wanted to charge me 350.00. I called Mauer and they fixed it for free. Thank You

Ethics

by from Saint Paul, Minnesota |

Purchased a vehicle as is ( big mistake) the next day the blinkers stopped working. Brought vehicle back and they cleaned the battery cables, which fixed nothing and they told me I was lucky to not be charged $300.00. Two weeks later the transmission blew and the private mechanic that inspected the vehicle traced the transmission to a junk yard where it was purchased. This information was not on the vehicle history report and there is no way any quality inspection could have missed this! Like the blinkers they took zero responsibility as their contract allotted. Unfortunately for them the poor business ethics that they displayed has cost them countless customers.

I love my new car

by from inver grove heights, MN |

Mike helped me immensely when buying a new car. He was an excellent salesman and open and honest. He did everything and more to help me get the car I wanted with little or no hassle at all. He went above and beyond with friendly service. It was the best car experience I have had. I love my new car and am so thankful.

I found the exact car I was looking for

by from inver grove heights, mn |

I found the exact car I was looking for. It had low miles and it was in excellent condition. We'll definitely be back to buy our next vehicle.

Friendly service

by from iner grove heights, mn |

The Salesman and the Dealership as a whole were extremely friendly and willing to negotiate with me on my new car buying experience. I did not feel pressured to negotiate on their terms. They worked to earn my business on my terms.

Definitely worth the time, and the drive.

by from Apple Valley, MN |

I had about 2 weeks to find a car after my car got totaled last year. I got stuck with a god-awful VW bug to drive around (imagine driving a space shuttle) and had to make a decision quick. As stressful as it was, the last thing I needed was a sleazy salesperson breathing down my neck and blowing up my phone. After scoping out a few local dealers locally and leaving even more frustrated than I began, I drove to Mauer and met with Larry Nava. I knew exactly what I wanted, how much I was willing to spend, and just wanted to go home as soon as humanly possible. Larry made all of this possible (and I'm so sorry for not posting this sooner). He kept me informed about my options, but wasn't overly aggressive in trying to up sell me. I told him I needed to make a decision quickly and promised him an answer in a day. I kept my word and he kept his, in every way possible. I work in customer service, and I know how easy it is for a seller to schmooze to get what they want. Larry kept my experience genuine and he was a commendable guy. Definitely worth the time, and the drive.