Hidy Acura

Service 888-814-6107

Your Luxury Connection!

A Good Buying Experience

by from Troy, Ohio |

From my first contact with Hidy Acura (to inquire about inventory) to my eventual purchase of a 2012 Acura TSX Sport Wagon, I was treated in a respectful and professional manner. I'm a car guy and it only took a few minutes of conversation to know that my Sales Advisor (Heather) had really done her homework on the various Acura models. She was able to answer all the questions I had about the new TSX wagon, and was quite thorough when demonstrating the various features of the TSX. I will definitely recommend Hidy Acura to my friends and associates, and also let them know that they need to ask for Heather when calling the Hidy Acura new car sales department.

Perhaps we bought on a bad day, but there was more

by from Dayton, Ohio |

Ricardo thank you for assisting us in getting the MDX which accommodates us and our Great Dane. But... the finance manager exclaiming "I thought we had a deal?!?", when we were just getting numbers was off putting. Yet, we came back thanks to Ricardo doing a lot of negotiating for us without us feeling badgered. Finally, I understand that Saturday's might be busy for car buying, but waiting for two hours to sign papers is just insane! It literally felt like a trap... our trade-in was taken and we were sent to sit in a waiting area with no vehicle for TWO hours. I am not new to purchasing vehicles, brand new or used. Ricardo, thank you, your service was good, but all other parts of the experience were not. We love our newer car, but we were really disappointed with many parts of the journey. I hope that by giving this feedback that management steps it up.

Experience at Hidy Acura

by from Dayton |

When I arrived at the dealership, I was greeted by a salesman, Ricardo. He seemed very friendly and eager to earn my business. I was interested in a 2006 MDX the dealership had for sale so we took it for a test drive. I noticed some shaking in the wheels, and mentioned it, but we figured the vehicle just needed an alignment. I was okay with this. Ricardo and his boss John both spoke highly of the previous owner and how well he had taken care of the vehicle. (Ricardo promised records of the previous maintenance done on the car, however I have yet to receive anything. It has been a month.) Anyhow, this caught my attention, and I was interested in purchasing the vehicle. This day I was at the dealership for about 3 hours, and it was because we were negotiating the deal, trying to find good insurance rates, and track down my pre-qualification from my bank. Although quite a long time, I thought it was just part of the process. No business was done this day because my bank was closed and there was no way to make contact, so I just put a deposit down. I returned a week later (because I was out of town). Throughout that past week, Ricardo and I spoke several times (20-25 calls/texts). It seemed a little excessive, but I know he was trying to keep my business, and we were able to take care of some business so that we wouldn't have to when I returned to the dealership to do the final paperwork. I mentioned taking the car to get an inspection and Ricardo assured me that all tests had been done by Hidy Acura's Service department. (I should have done a diagnostic test anyway.) Before arriving to the dealership I was told that it would only take about 20 min. Well this turned into almost 4 hours!! Partially my fault because I hadn't purchased insurance yet. I already knew what I was getting, but when Ricardo heard the quote he did his best to help me find a better rate. The other reason for there so long was the dealerships fault because there was a lot of miscommunication going on. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR PAPERWORK BEFORE YOU SIGN!! My interest rate and warranty period that I had discussed with Ricardo hadn't been communicated to the guy doing the paperwork, so you can imagine how that went. I was pretty close to walking out, and leaving the car behind. I stayed, and purchased the car. The next day I went to get the vehicle an alignment and this turned out to be a $550 repair. I had to have the tie rods replaced as well. (I did get three opinions and all said they had to be replaced) Wonderful? Ricardo and John did give me $300 dollars towards tires, because the ones on the vehicle were dry-rotted. Overall, this experience wasn't terrible. It just taught me that I can never be too careful. Remember, buying a car is an important purchase, so go with your gut and do whatever YOU think is necessary before signing your name on the dotted line. Though I do believe the buying process could've been improved, right now, I am satisfied with the vehicle. I would recommend Hidy Acura, though more so for new vehicles.

Acura MDX owner

by from Dayton Ohio |

We recently bought an Acura MDX from Hidy Acura and really enjoyed our experience. Our salesperson was Ricardo and he was very accommodating and went above and beyond to make our car purchasing experience a satisfying one. He was very professional and spent a lot of time going over all the tech features in the vehicle, and made sure the car was spotless when we picked it up. We have since had an issue with the back bumper paint peeling. It just starting peeling approximately a month after we purchased the car. They have not repaired the defect yet but we are scheduled to have it re-painted next week. The service department is going to fix the back bumper for us at no charge, since we were not aware of the fact that the back bumper had been touched up at some point and time and was not painted properly. They are going to re-paint the bumper and guarantee the work done on it this time. I feel like they are being fair with us as long as they stand by their promise. Overall I would recommend this dealership and highly recommend Ricardo, our salesperson, he is very detail oriented and genuinely interested in making sure the car buying process is a positive experience.

Ricardo gave expectional sells experience

by from Dayton, Ohio |

From time I drove on the lot I was warmly greeted by Ricardo. He ask me how may I help you. I told him I was looking for a used car for my daughter. Then he ask me what kind of car I had in mind. I stated the amount I was looking for my daughter. Ricardo stated great! I have perfect car for you. He preceded to pull up with 2003 Saturn L300 and we took it out for a test drive. I told Ricardo that car run great, but I have to have a low monthly payment to fit in my budget. Ricardo preceded to go to work to make it happen for me and add a warranty. Ricardo gave me the best sell experience and I would recommend him to my friend.

Great service

by from Dayton, OH |

Ricardo did a professional job selling my mom and I a car. He helped us the whole time and I was very satisfied with his service. He is very professional at what he does. Of course, I would recommend my friend or family member to him.

Exceptional Car Buying Experinence..."Thank You"

by from Cincinnati, Ohio |

My wife and I recently purchased a 2014 Acura MDX from Hidy Acura in Centerville. Our car buying experience was exceptional and very satisfying. Our sales consultant Ricardo was the best salesperson we have ever dealt with in our many years of car buying. The same can also be said for the dealership and the managers as well. Ricardo was professional, knowledgeable, meticulous and detailed oriented, he had the car I was interested in ready for me when I arrived. Throughout the whole buying process as things were negotiated he followed through and kept us informed. I will recommend Ricardo and this dealership to our circle of friends.

Not happy at all

by from Hamilton, OH |

I bought a new Acura RDX on December 31, 2013. The front bumper popped out at the seam with the hood, then the paint began to peel off the front bumper. We took the car back to Hidy who checked their records to find out the bumper had been damaged, repaired and repainted. We would not have bought the car had we known it had been previously damaged before we bought it. Do NOT purchase a car from Hidy Acura in Centerville, OH.

Great sales experiences, nightmare-ish service

by from Dayton, OH |

First Acura experience at the first Acura dealer I've visited. Purchased my new 2014 vehicle from Hidy Acura last month, love the sales experience but hate the terrible service experience. Below is my assessment of my experience throughout the shopping experience and service experience. Exterior/Interior: 3/5 - Hidy Acura is on the smaller side of Acura Dealership. As soon as you drive up, you're surrounded by new Acura vehicles surrounding the building. Limited parking spaces and limited inventory. It's clean and tidy inside but not impressed as it feels like any other Honda dealership. I had to compare it to Infiniti dealership down the road and it feels like an actual luxury dealership. What gives?... Sales/Finance: 5/5 - My sales experience was impressive and wish it would be like that in my future purchases. It all had to do with Angie Olinger. As soon I came in, she greeted me, didn't pressure me and encourage me to test drive other competitors. I ended up back at Acura after a few test drives. It came down to the TL or RDX. Negotiation was taken care of since I used the USAA car-buying service (which utilizes TrueCar) and saved 6k off the MSRP. What a deal! Angie made the experience stress-free and gave her kudos about my experience. Service: 0/5 - I wasn't impressed with the Service Advisors. Upon Delivery, we (Angie, the Detailing guy, Bill and myself) found a nick on the rear bumper and a dimple on the steering wheel. Angie said that Matt (service advisor) will look over the damage and see if the dealership can take about it once the TL comes in for the accessory installation. Spoke to Matt (service advisor) regarding the nick and was suggested that they will have a touch-up guy who will "touch up brush the area". It was noted that the touch-up brush will be noticeable as if I did it myself. I requested if they can touch air spray it. The day I picked up my car, Matt stated they will need to keep the car for a few more days so that the shop can repaint the bumper to factory standard. I was furious when they suggested a bumper repaint on a brand new car. Ron (the General Manager) advised that the dealership would take any action based on my decision. I told Matt (service advisor) to order Dr. Colorchip but stand-by until I get some advice from my folks. As for the steering wheel, the service dept. stated that's how leather stretches on the wheels and refused to replace the defect. None of the other TLs on the lot have that issue. One thing that service failed to mention was that they damaged one of my interior parts and replaced it without verbally notifying me but noted a part # on the service order. I found out via my Dash Cam Audio recording. Yes, I have a Dash Cam but I have it for insurance purposes in case of a vehicular crash not for spying. It turns on when the car is on. I found it odd when there were multiple consecutive video files on my camera (the car was left on) while it was in the service bay. Is it normal for the car to be on while dealing with installing electronic parts? I spoke to the service department who told me that it was noted on the service order they provided after installation. The only notice was a part number but no verbal explanation. I had to google the part number indicating a steering wheel column part. Since telling the dealership how I found out, Hidy Acura and Joe Hidy have banned me from the dealership because my dash cam (which powers on only when the car is on) caught something that was intentionally hidden from me (not notifying me verbally upon pick-up). Since then, I have filed a BBB complaint against Hidy Acura and contacted Acura Client Relations who sent a District Service Parts Manager to investigate my vehicle and agreed to replace my steering wheel at another Acura Dealership. I?m surprise Acura Corporate sent a representative down! Bottom-line: I had one of the best experience with the worst service experience.

Hidy Acura responded to this review

August 13, 2014

Thank you for letting us know. I will be passing this information on to the correct party. We want to make every customer experience with us great! We hope you love your new Acura.

Acura sales by phone

by from Dayton Ohio |

Treated well over the phone. Dealer had sold car in which I was interested.

Hidy Acura responded to this review

March 27, 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Personal Opinion on Alleged False Advertising.

by from Kettering, Ohio |

This review is for the Hidy Acura Used Auto side. I received in the mail an advertisment stating this key may be a winner of a 2013 Acura or $25,000 in cash. Also, on the flyer was a code and stating stopp by our showroom and check the board you may be a winner. I never fall for this stuff but, I said why not I am in the area. I will stopped by and check the board for the code and just maybe this key would start the 2013 Acura. I pulled into the Acura New Car Lot and was told by the sales lady it was next door at the used car side. So off I went to the used car side. I was met a the door by a salesman who was nice and introduced himself as did I. I told him I just wanted to check the board as the advertisment stated. He said I would have to register first. I told him. I never did this before and I just wanted to check the board. He stated sorry, I would have to register first. I handed him the flyer and said I am not registering and left. As I drove away, I told my 16 year old son (Oh yeah did i mention if i won the Acura it was going to be his) If you did not buy a ticket for a raffle or a lottery and a company says you may have won. It is a gimmick!!!! I really felt let down after all the Hidy Commercials I watched on TV. I felt they would be on the up and up. I am not rating this lot because these are my personal opinons. I would probably buy from this lot if they had a car I wanted at good price, but I would be weary. (Apparently I have to give a rating per the website) Good Luck I hope this helps some readers......