Roberts Auto Services

Roberts Auto Services

888 Troy Schenectady Rd, Latham, NY 12110

Used 866-678-8166

The Real Car Guys

Great people to deal with

by from Gloversville, NY |

Very happy with the deal on our truck. Took our trade in, which wasn't in the best of shape. Delivered our truck in super clean condition. All of our friends think it's a new truck. Will definitely travel there again when we're in the need of a used car. Johnny was great to deal with. All the staff was super nice. All papers in order upon delivery, signed our names and we were off! Great experience. Will highly recommend them to friends.

Horrible Experiance

by from New York |

Reluctant to fix any issues after the sale, while on the lot, the employees were treated very poorly. Spoken down to, borderline verbally abused by John. The entire process was completely rushed and unprofessional. An overall negative experience that I would never recommended.

August 3, 2014

We sincerely apologize for your experience at Roberts Auto Services. This is not the way we trained our employees. We will review this complaint with all of our employees and update this process to avoid this happening in the future.

simply the best!

by from Albany ny |

best experience I've ever had buying a used car and I have bought many. my sales rep Jonny took exceptional care of me from the moment I pulled up. couldn't ask for a better car buying experience. if your looking for a great used car these are the people you need to see first. (the real car guys)

September 15, 2014

Thank you! We hope you have been enjoying your new car!!!

Great, honest, straight-forward service!

by from Albany NY |

I recently traded in my Nissan Altima 2008 for a Nissan Murano 2007, we needed more room for our growing family. I have to say, my experience at Roberts was exceptional. They happened to be the first lot we stopped at to shop in person on the recommendation of a friend, and it was quickly clear that it was going to be our last. Selling points: 1) Easy to shop and UP-TO-DATE online inventory listing. Had all the pertinent information for each car listed, and lots of photos in the cases of car makes we weren't familiar with. Some of the other places we were browsing on-line would have inventory listed that upon calling the next day would turn up as already sold 4-5 days prior. 2) Honest and straight-forward! Brett Torre, the gentleman who helped us was able to advise us on directions to go in considering what kind of car we were looking for and what price range we were looking for it in from the get-go. And then he gave us room to look around and do some research ourselves without pushing the issue! Originally we started looking for a Jeep Liberty but after considering what was available and what we could afford, it turned out of course that he was totally correct on how we changed our minds. 3) Trade in was easy. I've never traded in before but after doing some research online it seemed like we were going to have to spend the money to basically get the car detailed like a new car. Nope! Brett was able to see it, see it for what it was, and appraise it appropriately. 4) Very happy with the new Nissan Murano. Happy with the price we paid for it, how the car's use has panned out, and our overall experience with the purchasing stuff at the end of the deal. I literally was able to use ID stuff that I already had on my person to put the deposit down, showed up with stuff for insurance and DMV switches on the day of pick-up, and was ready to go! If you know what you're doing with car sales/value/mechanics/etc then maybe these points don't really matter as much to you. But if you're not (like me), these attributes were INVALUABLE. It turned what I was expecting to be a grueling at least 2 week search into a two-day experience. That in conjunction with not feeling skeeved out and or unsure if I was being taken advantage of and I feel that Roberts Auto Services is really a gem.

Simply the Best !

by from Boston Ma. |

I can't say enough about Roberts their selection of Vehicles is outstanding and at the right price point. I was searching for my next car and came across Roberts. I was so interested in what they had on their lot . I took the 3 1/2 hour trip from Boston not knowing what to expect. When I arrived I was absolutely blown away with the attention to detail and the attention I received, just enough attention no pressure at all. To make a long review shot , because I could go on, I bought my Prius and made the trip back the following Saturday and the car was ready for the trip back. I have owned the Prius for about month now and , it's like driving a new car , no problems and as clean as a whistle. So take the plunge you will not be sorry. These guy are amazing ! MdS

Used Vehicle Purchase

by from Clifton Park |

Recently it was necessary to purchase another vehicle. I purchase one from Roberts Auto Service in Latham and found the experience very good. Each of the staff conducted themselves professionally and with a genuine interest in my needs and budget. The vehicles I looked at were all clean and well presented. This speaks well since it was during the winter when many car lots are full of dirty cars. (I had looked at several). All aspects of the purchase went well and on a snowy day I picked up my car. But anyone can get a good deal, right? The real test came a couple of days later when I called to say my dashboard lights had gone out. Without any hesitation John arranged for the repair of the car without any cost and very little time from me. I was very pleased with this response. As one who literally grew up on a car lot and as an adult worked in the industry for several years I've seen more than my share of well run & poorly run dealerships. Without questions Roberts Auto ranks among the best. I look forward to doing business with them in the future.

VISITED ALL LOCAL DEALERS / ROBERTS IS THE BEST

by from TROY, NY |

I CAN BE A DEMANDING, BUT BRETT HANDLED ME PERFECTLY. HE ACHEIVED EVERYTHING I NEEDED: CAR, FINANCING AND MORE. HE PROVIDED ME WITH DAILY UPDATES ON MY VEHICLE, AND PRESENTED ME WITH A CLEAN, AFFORDABLE USED CAR AT A PRICE NONE OF THE OTHER LOCAL DEALERS, BIG OR SMALL COULD MATCH. THIS LITTLE PLACE OFFERS BIG DEALS, SO DON'T BE AFRAIF TO GO THERE AND LOOK AROUND. ASK FOR BRETT. HE IS COMPLETELY HONEST, REALLY, AND WILL CONTINUE MAKING THINGS RIGHT AFTER THE SALE. TRUST ME, I AM DIFFICULT, AND I KNOW HONESTY AND INTEGRITY WHEN I SEE IT.

A+ These guys are awesome! Made a lifetime buyer!!

by from New Windsor, NY |

I would give these guys 10 stars If I could. Just bought a car from them. Drove the 100 miles from my house to see the car I wanted. Brett was awesome. Gave me top dollar for my trade and got me a lower rate on the loan. Will definitely be buying from them again. What I liked about this dealer was that it wasn't a big car dealership where you have to wait a long time for everything. These guys are regular people not just trying to make a buck. They will work with you so you can get the most out of your trade and your budget. As stated before got a great deal on a convertible. If you are skeptical about buying from a small dealer don't be!! These guys will take care of you. Thank you Brett for making this a wonderful experience!!!

Good deal with not much negociation

by from Albany, NY |

I liked the guys at Roberts. They offered a good price but did not entertain much negotiation. They said they would take care of all the registration and tags stuff, but they screwed up my address and I had to fix it through DMV online. They do not offer Carfax but use another service. I am very happy with my SUV.

Customer Disrespect and Harassment.

by from Albany, NY |

Recently, I wanted to purchase a car but change my mind. I gave them a downpayment of $200.00. I change my mind about the purchase of the car. When I went back to get my downpayment back. I was verbally abused and told to get off the property and I will not be getting my downpayment back. The owner also told me that if I did not get off his property that he will call the police. I took this matter one step farther and I call the Colonie Police. At first the owner told them that I would have to got to civil court if I wanted my money back. After a while he told the police that he changed his mind, and I will be receiving my money in the mail. I am still very upset concerning the way I was treated by Roberts Auto Service. Me nor my family will never step foot in this establishment again.

March 11, 2013

Kamili, you were not the buyer of the car or have any financial interest in the purchase of this vehicle. We bent over backwards to help your friend and you became verbally abusive to me and my staff. Our policy is clearly posted that deposits are non-refundable, however we did refund your friend's deposit in effort to resolve the situation. You had a clear, civil dispute that you tried to settle by calling 9-1-1 and taking the Colonie Police Department's focus away from true emergencies. We spent over $350 in preparing this car for delivery and at no time did your friend tell us that she had changed her mind on purchasing the vehicle. Every aspect of the law states that we can keep your deposit but gave your friend a refund so that the Colonie PD could return to duty. As you can see from our other reviews, we are a reputable dealer who focuses on customer satisfaction.

Easy transaction

by from Saratoga springs |

Purchased two used cars in the last 5 months. Paid cash for one and financed the second with them. Both transactions easy and the cars were spotless! I never buy new, so based on their treatment of me, they have a lifetime customer. It's worth the trip to the lot or check out the website, it's easy to navigate.