Johnson Hyundai of Cary

5020 Old Raleigh Rd, Cary, NC 27511

New 888-267-9542
Used 877-204-7607
Service 888-415-0617

Great Deals. Great Service. No Pressure!

Great Experience

by from Cary, NC |

Hard to believe that you could have a pleasant experience at a car dealership, but we did when we bought our new Sonata, which is also a great car. Everyone in the entire process was respectful of our time, knowledgeable and helpful, with no high pressure tactics, and it's nice place to hang out. Only negative is that they close at 7pm on weekdays, so it's not always convenient to shop there.

Great Customer Service Response

by from Cary, NC |

I received a phone call from Scott today. He was very cordial and understanding about my previous review. He apologized for my service experience and let me know that he wasn't notified to contact me until he saw my review. (Next time I'll leave a voicemail but I didn't think of it at the time!) Since my June visit, the service department has added 3 more technicians because of the growth in service demands. They're making things right with my car! I really believe that they're now going to be back to the same high standard of customer service that they had been previously. (Seriously, it had always been stellar.) Thank you!

July 15, 2015

Thank you, Amy. We value you as our guest and appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Take it all back!!

by from Morrisville, NC |

Received a phone call from Scott today. He was very cordial and understanding regarding my frustrations. He wants very much for me to have a positive experience and wants to solve the issues with my cars. Thanks Scott!

March 19, 2015

Nan, we are glad you were able to speak with Scott to try and resolve the issues with your car. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback!

a joke

by from Burlington nc |

I I formed the salesman of how hard it would be to get me in a car and I was assured that they had the best financing.. It was a joke it all came back to what I told her on the phone so it could have save me time and effort to go through the process and also no more pulls on my credit...talking loud saying nothing

May 1, 2015

Hi Tanya. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We are sorry that we were unable to help you secure financing. Each case is unique, so it was important to sit down with you to review the details. When your situation changes, we hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Changed price when I went to buy car.

by from Raleigh, NC |

I worked up with this dealer outside of a network for which I'm a member. They said they could match the pricing.they got pretty close, and on Labor Day, I went to go purchase the vehicle. There were some hiccups but by the end of the day I was ready to purchase. I was told to go ahead and wait a couple of days and we would complete the deal on about two days later. When I went back to the dealership I had the check in my hand, and was ready to complete the purchase. However, when I spoke with the dealer, he price has increased by over a thousand.when I asked why, I was told it was because a certificate had expired.they refused to honor their mistakes, and refused to give me any of the deal sheets, or information that we had worked on. They cleaned at the deal Sheets were for internal use only, even though they are required to give me a written estimate by law. I left the dealership, and purchased my vehicle somewhere else. I would not recommend this place. I spent a lot of time working with these folks, there was quite a bit of confusion during the process because I felt they were trying to rush, and they do not honor their commitments.

May 1, 2015

We are very sorry you had this experience trying to purchase a car with us. This description of how we treated you does not represent the Johnson Automotive way of doing business. We hope you are enjoying your new vehicle and appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

Tucson Recall Notice

by from Clayton, NC |

On Wednesday (18 Jun 2014) my wife and I drove to the Cary Hyundai dealership for a recall notice I received for my 2013 Tucson. We were immediately met by a service adviser who greeted us and were ushered inside where we met RON KERR. Ron cheerfully greeted us and had us sit down at his desk. He knew why we were there as he scheduled us the day prior. We had no sooner gotten up from his desk and I saw that the SUV had already been driven into the dealership maintenance garage. My wife LOVES their snack bar where we both got two hot coffees. She is totally envious of me with my new SUV.........To the point that she got up for a look at the 2014 TUCSONS in the showroom where a salesman immediately came up and explained the model she was viewing, Afterwards he walked away and within five minutes drove up on the outside with another model/color for her to view. He invited her to get in on the driver's side where he totally explained this model's features. She came SO CLOSE to purchase it on the spot.........But decided to keep her SUV a while longer. Both Ron and OUR tech mechanic Adam had the recall taken care of and we were back on the highway within less than 1/2 hour. This dealership has ALWAYS treated us with total respect and friendliness - These are two of the reasons we ALWAYS drive from Clayton to Cary for anything having to do with my Tucson. NO dealership can "beat" Ron and Adam and the ways they handle any situation we may bring them.

April 30, 2015

Bob, thank you for choose Johnson Hyundai of Cary for servicing your Tucson. We appreciate your business and review of our dealership!

Awesome salesperson. Service lacking.

by from Fuquay-Varina, NC |

Omar is the best salesperson I have ever purchased a car from. He works tirelessly to get the deal done and keeps you happy. Service is lacking. They are always busy, regular maintenance takes hours even with an appointment, you have to schedule weeks out, and they don't offer loners.

April 30, 2015

Jon, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time in telling us ways we can improve our dealership. We have been working to optimize our service drive. We hope that you can see these changes and have a pleasant experience during your next visit. Thank you again for your business!

Not too Overwhelming

by from Durham, NC |

I looked online at Johnson Hyundai and was contacted quickly and was actually able to set an appt to test drive a Sonata the same day. The salesman was knowledgeable, polite, and helpful. I have yet to make a purchase of my car, but he has not bombarded me about buying unlike another dealership I contacted online.

January 16, 2014

Hi Miriam, Thank you for your review. We emphasize a no-pressure sales approach within our team, and I appreciate that you noticed. Thanks!

Dealership is a joke

by from Cary, NC |

We were interested in a 2014 Subaru Forester so since we live in Cary we stopped by Johnson Subaru. There appeared to be very few cars in their sales lot and the sales office was at the top of a stairway about 20 feet off the ground. I walked up the stairs and most of the people in cubicles seemed to have something better to do than to check on a potential customer. Finally one asked if she could help me and I told her that we were interested in 2014 Forester. She pointed down toward the lot through the window and said there was one down there that could be pulled out by a valet if I was interested. I said I would check it out and went down the stairs. No one followed me down. I briefly looked thru the window of the Forester. My wife and I walked around the lot for a few more minutes. No one paid any attention to us. We were the only potential customers there on a Saturday afternoon. Finally we drove off and left.

December 6, 2013

"Hi Art, Thank you very much for your feedback. I want to apologize on behalf of Johnson Subaru of Cary. We are the largest Subaru dealer in the district and have outgrown our store. You've caught us in the midst of our "growing pains"! We are building a new, state-of-the-art facility to serve our Johnson Subaru guests. The new facility will be constructed on the current site and choreographed moves have been required as construction progresses. When you came by we had not yet adapted to our temporary facilities. But this fact does not excuse the lack of customer care that you experienced. I've spoken with the General Sales Manager at Johnson Subaru and we would very much like to be able to continue the conversation about your experience and see if we can make it up to you in some way. At your convenience, please contact me directly at swilkinson@johnsonautomotivecenter.com or call us directly at the dealership number and ask for "Sherry Wilkinson" to further discuss the experience and how we can make it right. In regards to the inventory you were able to see - we actually currently have the largest selection of new Subaru models in the Triangle Area - you can view our complete inventory at www.JohnsonSubaruofCary.com. Regardless of where you are on your search for a new car, we hope that you will call us so we can try to make up for your lost time and frustrating experience. We apologize again & thank you again for having given us the opportunity to earn your business. - Sherry Wilkinson"

Disappointed

by from Nashville NC |

I am very disappointed with the level of service I received at this dealership. I was quoted an out the door price that was only good for that day being the last day of the month. I load my family, drive an hour, drive the Crosstrek, make the decision to buy, walk in only to find out that the out the door price did not include taxes. I was then given the spill by the manager that I shouldn?t expect them to pay for the mistake. I was expected to rush from an hour away to get to the dealership for this one day only deal. No, I didn?t expect them to pay for the mistake entirely. We could have split the difference. I left without being offered an apology. What makes the situation even more outrageous is the fact that the salesman caught an error from another dealership in their out the door pricing. I feel like this was a case of bait and switch. I am infuriated that I put my family in a car for two hours used a tank of gas and have nothing to show for it. That is way I laid out the whole deal in an email to make sure this would work last night.

Helpful Sales Manager

by from Chapel Hill, NC |

We bought a used Subaru Forester and found a couple of problems after we took it home. We noted the issues with either sales or service dept before the 30-day warranty period ended, but after some delay in getting the car back in for service, one of the issues (a bad electronic key) wasn't noted in the record, so we were faced with replacement costs of $175. The sales manager on duty, Scott, took care of the problem himself in just a few minutes. He knew we lived too far away to come to them for regular service on the car, but he just did the right thing by us. Very impressive. We recommend them highly.