Johnson Subaru/Hyundai of Cary

5020 Old Raleigh Rd, Cary, NC 27511

New 888-267-9542
Used 877-204-7607
Service 888-415-0617

Great Deals. Great Service. No Badgers!

Great Experience

by from Cary, NC |

Hard to believe that you could have a pleasant experience at a car dealership, but we did when we bought our new Sonata, which is also a great car. Everyone in the entire process was respectful of our time, knowledgeable and helpful, with no high pressure tactics, and it's nice place to hang out. Only negative is that they close at 7pm on weekdays, so it's not always convenient to shop there.

Tucson Recall Notice

by from Clayton, NC |

On Wednesday (18 Jun 2014) my wife and I drove to the Cary Hyundai dealership for a recall notice I received for my 2013 Tucson. We were immediately met by a service adviser who greeted us and were ushered inside where we met RON KERR. Ron cheerfully greeted us and had us sit down at his desk. He knew why we were there as he scheduled us the day prior. We had no sooner gotten up from his desk and I saw that the SUV had already been driven into the dealership maintenance garage. My wife LOVES their snack bar where we both got two hot coffees. She is totally envious of me with my new SUV.........To the point that she got up for a look at the 2014 TUCSONS in the showroom where a salesman immediately came up and explained the model she was viewing, Afterwards he walked away and within five minutes drove up on the outside with another model/color for her to view. He invited her to get in on the driver's side where he totally explained this model's features. She came SO CLOSE to purchase it on the spot.........But decided to keep her SUV a while longer. Both Ron and OUR tech mechanic Adam had the recall taken care of and we were back on the highway within less than 1/2 hour. This dealership has ALWAYS treated us with total respect and friendliness - These are two of the reasons we ALWAYS drive from Clayton to Cary for anything having to do with my Tucson. NO dealership can "beat" Ron and Adam and the ways they handle any situation we may bring them.

Awesome salesperson. Service lacking.

by from Fuquay-Varina, NC |

Omar is the best salesperson I have ever purchased a car from. He works tirelessly to get the deal done and keeps you happy. Service is lacking. They are always busy, regular maintenance takes hours even with an appointment, you have to schedule weeks out, and they don't offer loners.

Not too Overwhelming

by from Durham, NC |

I looked online at Johnson Hyundai and was contacted quickly and was actually able to set an appt to test drive a Sonata the same day. The salesman was knowledgeable, polite, and helpful. I have yet to make a purchase of my car, but he has not bombarded me about buying unlike another dealership I contacted online.

January 16, 2014

Hi Miriam, Thank you for your review. We emphasize a no-pressure sales approach within our team, and I appreciate that you noticed. Thanks!

Dealership is a joke

by from Cary, NC |

We were interested in a 2014 Subaru Forester so since we live in Cary we stopped by Johnson Subaru. There appeared to be very few cars in their sales lot and the sales office was at the top of a stairway about 20 feet off the ground. I walked up the stairs and most of the people in cubicles seemed to have something better to do than to check on a potential customer. Finally one asked if she could help me and I told her that we were interested in 2014 Forester. She pointed down toward the lot through the window and said there was one down there that could be pulled out by a valet if I was interested. I said I would check it out and went down the stairs. No one followed me down. I briefly looked thru the window of the Forester. My wife and I walked around the lot for a few more minutes. No one paid any attention to us. We were the only potential customers there on a Saturday afternoon. Finally we drove off and left.

December 6, 2013

"Hi Art, Thank you very much for your feedback. I want to apologize on behalf of Johnson Subaru of Cary. We are the largest Subaru dealer in the district and have outgrown our store. You've caught us in the midst of our "growing pains"! We are building a new, state-of-the-art facility to serve our Johnson Subaru guests. The new facility will be constructed on the current site and choreographed moves have been required as construction progresses. When you came by we had not yet adapted to our temporary facilities. But this fact does not excuse the lack of customer care that you experienced. I've spoken with the General Sales Manager at Johnson Subaru and we would very much like to be able to continue the conversation about your experience and see if we can make it up to you in some way. At your convenience, please contact me directly at swilkinson@johnsonautomotivecenter.com or call us directly at the dealership number and ask for "Sherry Wilkinson" to further discuss the experience and how we can make it right. In regards to the inventory you were able to see - we actually currently have the largest selection of new Subaru models in the Triangle Area - you can view our complete inventory at www.JohnsonSubaruofCary.com. Regardless of where you are on your search for a new car, we hope that you will call us so we can try to make up for your lost time and frustrating experience. We apologize again & thank you again for having given us the opportunity to earn your business. - Sherry Wilkinson"

Disappointed

by from Nashville NC |

I am very disappointed with the level of service I received at this dealership. I was quoted an out the door price that was only good for that day being the last day of the month. I load my family, drive an hour, drive the Crosstrek, make the decision to buy, walk in only to find out that the out the door price did not include taxes. I was then given the spill by the manager that I shouldn?t expect them to pay for the mistake. I was expected to rush from an hour away to get to the dealership for this one day only deal. No, I didn?t expect them to pay for the mistake entirely. We could have split the difference. I left without being offered an apology. What makes the situation even more outrageous is the fact that the salesman caught an error from another dealership in their out the door pricing. I feel like this was a case of bait and switch. I am infuriated that I put my family in a car for two hours used a tank of gas and have nothing to show for it. That is way I laid out the whole deal in an email to make sure this would work last night.

Helpful Sales Manager

by from Chapel Hill, NC |

We bought a used Subaru Forester and found a couple of problems after we took it home. We noted the issues with either sales or service dept before the 30-day warranty period ended, but after some delay in getting the car back in for service, one of the issues (a bad electronic key) wasn't noted in the record, so we were faced with replacement costs of $175. The sales manager on duty, Scott, took care of the problem himself in just a few minutes. He knew we lived too far away to come to them for regular service on the car, but he just did the right thing by us. Very impressive. We recommend them highly.

Avoid service department

by from Apex, NC |

We did buy our vehicle from here and that was a good experience; however, avoid their service department. Their mechanics cannot even do simple services flawlessly. The service before last we dropped our car off for the day for an oil change and tire rotation. The car was returned to us with the glove box on the passenger seat floor. Our service adviser returned the car to the back and had the glove box put on and offered us a free cabin filter at our next visit (note that replacing the filter was not part of the work we where having done - just a mechanic looking for things to replace). When we arrived home, we noticed that a floor mat was missing from the vehicle. We called our service adviser, he located it, and we had to retrieve it the next day. This past visit we dropped the car off for the day for an oil change, rotation, inspection, and our free cabin filter from the last visit. After dropping the car at 7:30am, we returned for it at 5:30pm. To our surprise, no work had been done on our vehicle - at all. We spoke with the garage manager who explained that he sent one of the mechanics "for schooling" at the last minute (I assume this means to some sort of training class) and they were a guy short but working like crazy (I can only imagine that the quality of work being performed under these circumstances was not good). At no time did anyone call us to let us know that the vehicle would not be done. We left the car overnight and the work was performed first thing the next morning. Our service adviser covered the cost of the inspection. When we picked the car up, the garage had taken our front vanity plate off to wash the car (which I appreciate so it didn't get bent) but did not put it back on. It was on my passenger seat with the screws in the cup holder. The weekend service person returned it to the garage and had it put back on. Given all that happened, that was just too much. This dealership obviously has some serious issues with the oversight of the mechanics and the mechanic's attitude towards customer's vehicles. I expect my car to be returned in the condition I dropped it off, with all the pieces in place, and the work for which I had an appointment for to be completed. If not, I expect to be notified of this before I show up at the time I specified. It was shocking to hear that rather than reschedule my service due to staff shortage, the garage would rather rush through than take the time for quality work. Given that our visits were for minor service, we will not return for anything major as the potential for your mechanics doing damage/forgetting something seems likely. If they can't do the small, easy stuff flawlessly, what does it say about their ability on bigger jobs? Or perhaps that's the thing - they'd rather spend the time on big money jobs and anybody else is not important.

November 7, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your service experience and taking the time to highlight what went wrong. Our guests are our #1 priority and we regret that your experience did not meet the standard of service we strive to provide. Despite the ways our service advisor tried to compensate for the mistakes, it sounds like it was a very frustrating chain-of-errors. We take our reviews seriously and will be going over this with our service team and mechanics. We thank you for buying your car at our dealership, and sincerely hope that you'll consider giving us another chance at providing appropriate service- and returning your car in pristine condition, with the work completed in a satisfactory manner. Please email me directly at swilkinson@johnsonautomotivecenter.com to further discuss the incidents and how we can make it right. Thank you! - Sherry Wilkinson

great experience!

by from Cary,NC |

Thought I had settled on Kia rio5 but had bad time at dealer. searched online and investigated Hyundai GS.Chris at Johnson Hyundai in Cary Nc was personable,knowledgeable,and gave us a great buying experience. I will definitely go there first for my next car as well.

Good Sales Person and Speedy Buying Process

by from Cary, NC |

My wife and I bought a new 2012 Genesis at Johnson Hyundai of Cary. Our sales person was very friendly, and the buying process was speedy.