Joel Confer Toyota Scion

(2.3) 5.0 3 Reviews

120 Clinton Ave, State College, PA 16803

My Toyota Camry and Toyota Dealer in State College

by from State College Pa |

As much as I love my 2006 Toyota Camry LE, I dislike the Toyota Camry dealer in my town (State College Pa). On Thursday of last week the alternator of my car began giving problem. So I visited Confer Toyota in State College and asked them for a quote to replace the alternator. I was told that it would cost me around $550. I felt that amount was high so I drove to NAPA dealer and bought the alternator which only cost me $150. I then drove to Monroe Tires in State College Pa and got the alternator installed for $125. After returning the faulty alternator, NAPA returned me $40 from the $150 they had charged me for the new alternator. So It cost me total of $235 dollars to replace the alternator. By not going to Confer Toyota dealer I saved $300 . Once again I was convinced that not going to dealership for repairs is a wise thing to do.

Joel Confer Toyota Scion responded to this review

April 29, 2016

I am sorry that you had a poor experience with us. I can assure you that was not our intention. Here at Joel Confer we use only Toyota OEM parts. While an aftermarket alternator is cheaper it is not what Toyota recommends you put into your 2006 Camry. Being a Toyota Franchise, we follow Toyota's Guidelines when fixing and maintaining our customers Toyota's.

Michael King =outstanding, no pressure salesman.

by from Ebensburg, PA |

It is rare for us to enjoy buying used cars from dealerships. Major exception was in May 2014 when we bought a used Toyota From Confer Toyota's Michael King. We actually had fun and are grateful that Mike was so pleasant to work with.

Joel Confer Condescending Response

by from Huntingdon, PA |

I received a response from Joel Confer re: a Toyota 4runner 3013 limited I was shopping for to see how they competed with other responses I received. The salesperson emailed asking if I was comparing the same vehicle. We purchased a more expensive model of the same vehicle they had for less money at Faulkner in Harrisburg. I gave them a chance but was completely turned off by the response I received from the person who wanted to list all his fraternity credentials with his contact information. I ended up not visiting the showroom even though it was 30 miles from my home and made 2 separate trips to other dealers, one 2 hours 15 minutes and the eventual one we purchased from 1 hour 45 minutes. This dealer needs to take some lessons in customer service and respect unless they really don't need to sell vehicles.