Mace Ford

Used 888-460-6182
Service 866-481-8115

Great experience!

by from Chiton, WI |

Friendly service staff & very accommodating. We stopped in while traveling through Terre Haute and they were able too get our car in and out in less than an hour! All of the young men at the service desks were very friendly and outgoing and made sure our every need was attended to. They even made us coffee! I wish the Ford dealer in our hometown was this way. So, a big thanks to the great service staff at Mace Ford; you made a lasting impression on us!

Thrown Rod under thier care

by from terre haute, IN |

F150 had a power steering leak, took to Mace to fix. The passenger side exhaust manifold also was leaking so they fixed it too. All complete, parts and labor was $1125 but while they had the truck, it threw a rod on the right bank. They said they did nothing to create the problem but it would be $5410 to install a new motor. After towing the truck home found the dipstick tube broke off with too much oil in the pan (they overfilled about 2 inches on the stick). I called the service manager and he said they didn't do it but did notice it after fixing the power steering leak, replacing the exhaust manifold and replacing the #2 coil pack. When questioning him why they didn't notifiy me of the broken tube, he replied " I could take my service business elswhere". He didn't think replacing the power steering hoses that are located next to the broken tube could have resulted in it breaking off nor was there the possibility they could have ran it low on oil when test driving.

Mace Ford responded to this review

December 5, 2014

1) The noise from inside the engine was lower-end noise and thought to be a bent rod or rod bearing... With the work that we performed (stated above in the customer review), there is no possible way we could have caused this issue. Tear-down and diagnostics of the motor noise can be very costly. For that reason, we did provide the customer with an alternative and quoted him an engine replacement. 2) Even though we did not break the dipstick tube, Our Service Manager offered to replace it at no cost to the customer as a customer-goodwill gesture. 3) The customer told our Service Manager that they had just changed the oil themselves approx. 400 miles before bringing it in for the service work that we performed. -Our Service Department never added any oil to the motor. In addition, test driving a vehicle 10-15 miles before or after doing a repair will not run the engine low on oil... 4) It wasn't until the customer stated that we provided "sh###y service" that we informed them could take their business elsewhere. 5) Had we damaged something while servicing a vehicle, the customer would have been informed and it would have been repaired before they picked up their vehicle.

BAD BUSINESS

by from LINTON,IN |

So I take my 2012 Ford Focus into Mace Ford for some warranty work. Nothing major just a small oil leak in the transmission. They tell me they will have to replace some seals. I pick the car up on a Friday and the transmission goes out Monday. I call Mace Ford and explain the problem and the urgency to get it fixed. This is my vehicle that gets me back and forth to work. They tell me they cannot get it towed to that location but to another Ford dealer. They said they would not be able to look at my car next week..that would be 8 business days. This is the new car that was running fine when I dropped it off. Mace Ford messed it up and can't get it in until next week? Bad business. WHAT AM i SUPPOSED TO DRIVE????