Simmons Rockwell Ford of Hallstead

(3.1) 8 Reviews

Route 11, Hallstead, PA 18822

Did not fulfill promises or return calls

by from Hallstead, PA |

A vehicle was purchased from this dealer with a key fob added to the sale price along with a promise to repair a cracked windshield. After two months, the dealership will not return any calls and has not delivered the purchased item or fulfilled the promise to repair the windshield. Would not recommend this dealership.

Best Dealership by far! CJ O'Brien thank you.

by from Binghamton NY |

If you are looking for a courteous and professional car buying experience, you need not look further. Recently I went thru a bankruptcy, due to job loss and divorce. The car I had been driving for the past 4 years was high on mileage. So I went to other dealers who offered no haggling and easy credit. They gave me nothing but high hopes and no car... CJ O'Brien made my short drive from Binghamton to Hallstead well worth my time and put me in a low mileage car in hardly any time and at a decent price and intrest rate. What a great experience and CJ and Simmons and Rockwell have helped put me on my way back to great credit and a great car!

Simmons-Rockwell Ford of Hallstead ~A Great Dealer

by from Hudson Valley NY |

Simmons- Rockwell Ford of Hallstead PA A Great Dealer!! ~ February 20, 2013 I recently (2/18/13) purchased a new Ford C MAX SEL from salesman Michael Keiser at Simmons Rockwell in Hallstead PA. What a pleasure to buy this car. My new C MAX SEL was at the Simmons Rockwell Bath NY location. Mike had it transfered to the Hallstead location for a test drive and inspection. Mike went over all the features (and it has a lot of features), called my insurance company and had all paper work taken care by Business manager John Mudge handled the final signing of the papers. My new2013 C MAX was serviced and polished. I was ready for my 175 mile trip back home in just a few hours. My family have purchased many new and used vehicles from other Simmons-Rockwell locations, but this was the easiest of all. I would recommend buying at Simmons-Rockwell in Hallstead PA even if you have to drive a few hundred miles extra. Your savings will not be in the hundreds BUT Thousands! Thanks Mike what a pleasure buying my new Ford C MAX SEL from you!!

Simmons Rockwell Ford of Hallstead Great Dealer!!

by from Hudson Valley NY 12580 |

I recently (2/18/13) purchased a new Ford C MAX SEL from Michael Keiser at Simmons Rockwell in Hallstead PA. What a pleasure to buy this car. My new C MAX was at another Simmons Rockwell location. Mike had it transfered to the Hallstead location for a test drive and inspection. Mike went over all the features (and it has a lot of features), called my insurance company and had all paper work taken care of. My new C MAX was serviced and polished. I was ready for my 175 mile trip back home in just a few hours. I and my family have purchased many new and used vehicles from other Simmons-Rockwell locations, but this was the easiest of all. Thanks Mike!!

Best place to buy a car or truck.

by from Northeast pa |

I just bought a pre-owned 2011 f150 lariat from Simmons Rockwell of hallstead. I happened to go on this site after my purchase to read other reviews. I was floored by the response I seen. Don't let the other reviews fool you. This is the place to buy a new or used car or truck. After shopping around for about 6 weeks for a truck I compared all prices. No one could touch these guys. New or used. The salesman Martin was a joy to deal with, not pushy or annoying like other dealerships. I could not believe the quickness of the paper work. Said I wanted truck in morning came back at 3 and truck was detailed and paper work was all ready. Literally took a half hour. And the service department is spot on. If you don't believe me see for yourself. I will buy any future vehicles from Simmons and Rockwell of hallstead.

Dealing with Simmons Rockwell Ford of Hallstead

by from N. of NYC |

I saw a car I was interested in looking at on the internet and was contacted several times by the internet salesman Jonathan. I managed to visit (it's 3 hrs. from where I live). I liked the car and was floored when the trade in appraisal came in at $1000 when the NADA book valued my car between $4500 - $5500. I had other appraisals over $4000 - $5000. I felt so taken in by this low ball appraisal figure. The salesman tried to talk me into something else but I was turned off. I definitely would not go back to Simmons Rockwell Ford of Hallstead Route 11, Hallstead, PA ever.

Buyer Beware!

by from Harrisburg, PA |

BUYER BEWARE! They have 4 NY & 1 PA dealerships. We were working with a PA salesman who was friendly and helpful and waiting on a car to come in from an auto auction in Michigan. He promised us we had first chance at the car when it arrived. We offered to put a deposit down to hold the car - he said we don't need to do that. The car arrived at one of the NY dealerships. Another customer was standing there, saw the car and offered to buy it. Instead of upholding their promise to us, Simmons-Rockwell sold the car out from under us. Salesman apologized profusely but the dealership would not give us a price break a similar car - they "just couldn't do that". Very poor treatment. I'd hate to need to rely on them for anything else. Before posting this review, I gave them plenty of time to respond positively to our offer but they refused.

No detailing and watch the finance department

by from Oneonta, NY |

Bought a 2009 Subaru Forester. They left chocolate smeared on seats and carpet. Dust and dirt was left everywhere after they supposedly detailed it. The finance department sent the wrong info to the bank so my first payment was higher than it was supposed to be and I had to redo all paperwork. When I took the car for an oil change 3 weeks after purchase they said the dealer never checked my fluids and many were dirty or low. They also had different model tires on an all-wheel drive which is bad for the all-wheel drive system. Good price but lots of corner cutting and a bad trade in offer on my Honda Civic. &1500 below KBB suggested trade in value was offered.

Poor customer service

by from VESTAL,N.Y. |

Ask them to transfer a car for "us" to see the following saturday.Their sales person Ed stringer called me that morning and said it was at the dealership.We were happy and could not wait to see it.Six hours after he told me it was there they sold it that night. To me thats poor buissness so buyer beware!!!