Extreme Automotive

(3.4) 7 Reviews

4200 S Louise Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57106

unprofessional experience

by from Cozad , Ne |

I inquired about one of their vehicles and made offer on line last week which they declined and that is ok but I would say the salesman could have been way more professional in his response back to me . I would not say this is a bad dealership or bad salesman I don't like to make a judgment on one experience with any business or any individual . I was told what this particular vehicles would bring and go ahead and buy another and let them know how I like it . Not a good response at all to a potential buyer ! Little does this person know that our business handles over 1000 vehicles a year so I do have a pretty good idea what vehicles are bringing . I would say again that I would not judge this person or business on one experience !

Overall great experience

by from Sioux Falls, SD |

I bought my 2006 Subaru Tribeca from Extreme last spring (2012) and have been nothing but happy with the car and the service I was given. We were in a crunch when we bought this vehicle, new kid, visiting family, little money down and not so amazing credit. I fell in love with the Tribeca and Extreme worked to get us a fair deal on a finance package really quickly. My husband asked if he could look the car over on a lift to check a few things he had seen online as common Tribeca issues and they didn't hesitate to let him do so. Extreme fixed a few minor things on the vehicle and didn't charge us extra. It was not only painless, it was pleasant. I would go back and I would recommend them to others without hesitation. Used vehicles are just that, used. They occasionally have issues, but Extreme Auto not only didn't hide anything, they helped us fix anything we needed.

Extremely bad customer service

by from Sioux Falls, SD |

Hey I usually never say anything about bad service towards me - but this was over the top. @extreme automotive sioux falls (https://www.facebook.com/Extremecarstore) sold a family member a car with a bum battery (and probably more-wait and see) - it was 3 years (!!!) older than the manufacture date of the car. A 2000 year battery in a 2003 sold in 2013! Relative drove off lot and battery unable to function in 4 days. Would do NOTHING but refer to their "coupon book." I went in to talk to them - and again told me the same story. I usually don't do reviews for anyone - but they took advantage of two people I care about. Something they could have made right for $100. Pathetic.

You'll be back

by from Elk Point, SD |

I've been buying cars from Kevin for years (even before he was at Extreme). He's always done right by me. I've found he really knows his stuff, but more importantly he's honest and responsive to my needs. I've recommended him to many friends and he's helped them out too.

Salesman Kevin Thompson

by from Sioux Falls, SD |

I'n my 20+ years of car shopping experience I have never met a car salesman I liked as much as Kevin Thompson. He was very easy going, relaxed, easy to talk to yet professional and knowledgable. I am usually extremely bored with car shopping and leave it to my husband so when my husband told me about a car he wanted me to see we went to Extreme Automative and within 10 minutes Kevin found a car which better suited my husband and he ended up buying. Kevin made the process easy and quick and was very helpful as well as humorous (which is not often found in car salesmen). When we left we did not feel like just another commission. We got such a good trade that we decided to trade a 2nd vehicle and went back to Kevin. I emailed Kevin on a Sunday and he had a car brought to Sioux Falls within just a few days which we bought. We were very pleased with the ease of negotiation and did not feel ripped off (like we have in the past at other dealerships and with other salesmen). When we were interested in purchasing an extended warranty and needed to keep the monthly payment and a specific figure, Extreme Auto came through and we were very pleased. We also received a $500 mall gift certificate and free concert tickets (something I've never gotten before with a car purchase). We will definitely go back to Kevin Thompson when we are ready to purchase another vehicle.

Talk to Jesse

by from Sioux Falls, SD |

I recently purchased a 2009 Town & Country through Jesse at Extreme. I've had bad experiences before at other dealerships in town (like two-three hour long painful negotiations and getting the run around) but Jesse told me he makes it direct and easy, I still remember him saying "If the numbers work, great! If they don't, great! But it won't be a long pain in the you-know-what. Usually about twenty minutes." Which of course I didn't believe, figuring it was just one of his "lines". But after we drove the van and sat down to talk about our trade and stuff he laid everything out in a no-nonsense kind of way, and seriously, twenty minutes later we had an agreement and were moving on to finishing the paperwork. One of my best car buying experiences in like forever. Thanks. Oh, and I should also mention that he handles your financing too, so you don't have to worry about dealing with multiple people. Totally convenient!

100% Scam

by from Sioux Falls,SD |

They are extremely shady and when selling the car to me assured that it had not been in an accident before. Tries to trade the car in recently and on the Carfax it had been on the records before I bought the car. The salesman made it clear they carfaxed cars before buying, so they knew what they were doing. I would make sure to stay CLEAR of this dealership.