Gengras Kia

(2.8) 6 Reviews

546 Connecticut Blvd, East Hartford, CT 06108

Email quote for one car, tried to sell another one

by from Willimantic, CT |

We recently bought a new car and this was one of the places we visited. I wish we hadn't wasted our time with them. The only reason we came here was that we got a great email quote for a 2013 Kia Rio. When we got there it took them a while to have a salesman come see us despite the fact that they there was three guys lounging at the front desk and the fact that they called me two times that day and, quite ironically, once more WHILE I WAS THERE WAITING FOR A SALESMAN. Yes, you read that right. After someone finally came to help us, we asked to test drive the Ria LX that we got a quote for and then after waiting for at least 10-15 minutes the lackluster salesman came with an EX, even though we specifically asked for an LX and told him we don't want to spend the extra money for the EX trim. After the test drive we started talking about a price and lo and behold, they're still trying to sell us the EX we don't want at a base price $4000-5000 higher than the LX they quoted. When directly about the email quote, the salesman, almost magically, disappeared and a(m) (assistant?) manager appeared... still trying to sell us the EX since, as they say, they didn't have the LX (I got the quote a day before). We left and bought a Hyundai Accent at a different dealership the next day.

Good - Promtp - Polite

by from Hartford, CT |

Conveniently located. Inquired about a specific KIA model/year Couldn't provide exactly the best competitive price, but the service was polite and prompt.

GREAT SHOPPING EXPERIENCE!

by from West Springfield, MA |

I never thought car shopping would be fun! fun? yeah, it was actually fun! I was weary at first due to a couple of other bad experiences during my process. The website got me the info i needed, but it was the visit to their place that made it great. Thanks Fitz and the others there, cant wait to pick up my Forte!

Service Dept....or lack of

by from Tri Town, CT |

Brought in my 2005 Sorento for belts last summer the day before leaving for a trip. They managed to blow out a tire on the lift. Said they'd have one by 7 a.m. next day, got out of there after noon the next day, missing one entire day of a family trip. (I should have learned from that, but...) Came back this spring for a clutch...it took 12 days to have a clutch installed..12..really? A week later, the crank shaft bolt sheared off in the motor. They wanted to charge me for 2 hrs of labor, but billed for 1 hr, (doubt they spent 5 mins on it) said they couldn't remove bolt and that a used motor would be around $5,800. They actually called me to say that one of their techs wanted to buy my vehicle...hmmm..makes you wonder if they knew they could fix it properly without a used motor. Got my vehicle towed home. I met a parent at my child's pre-school who turned out to be a KIA Certified Tech from another dealership. He had the bolt out of my car in 10 mins, IN MY DRIVEWAY, with a cordless drill and my motor is fine. He put new bolt and belts in it for me and fixed and replaced everything Gengras lost and broke. Gengras broke the radiator mount, lost a belt, the cap for coolant overflow and the motor cover. Not to mention the fact that they pulled the radiator out, put it on my backseat and let coolant leak all through my vehicle. Certified Tech I now use said there are tools made for this repair so radiator doesn't even need to come out and that it doesn't even look like they tried to drill it out, more like tried to weld a piece to it. Gengras needs to send their techs to training and buy some tools. They just lost a customer and possibly many more after they read this. Even their sales people have stated they lose customers due to poor service dept. Nothing worse for your reputation than word of mouth from an unsatified woman!!!

Gengras Kia responded to this review

August 5, 2012

We apologize for the negative experience you had at our dealership. At Gengras, customer satisfaction is most important to us. We did attempt to have KIA warranty the repair, but it was declined due to the warranty expiring. Concerning your motor, an error was made and we accept responsibility for it. We have since put systems in place so that this will not occur again. We are terribly sorry to hear that you took your vehicle elsewhere and had it fixed. Hopefully, we can have a chance to earn back your business in the future.

Worst dealer in Connecticut

by from Connecticut |

Out of the many dealers I've had the pleasure of dealing in the past this is by far the worst experience EVER. This is by far the worst customer service I have seen in any dealership in Connecticut. Stay away from these people. I bought a vehicle CASH and still took them a week to deliver and every day they would say that the car would be ready in an hour. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE. The worst part is that management was as bad as everyone else in the facility. Will NEVER buy from here again.

Gengras Kia responded to this review

April 24, 2012

We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred at our dealership. We at Gengras aim to ensure that our customers receive their vehicles as promptly as possible (after our service dept has completed a full 130-point safety inspection). In rare cases, specialty parts need to be ordered in order to pass our used car certification process, which can cause a delay in delivery time. We value you as a customer. Hopefully, we will have a chance to do business with you again in the future.

Overall Great Experience

by from Windsor, CT |

I knew exactly what I wanted and what I wanted ot pay upon entering Gengras Kia. Travis got right to business and found the exact vehicle I wanted within 24 hours and had it on the lot ready for me to pick up in a couple of days. There was some confusion with agreeing on a price with the Sales Manager Tony, who I was not 100% fond of, but Travis took care of everything. Upon pick up, the awesome financial lady went through everything quickly and thoroughly with us, and Travis also spent time to go over almost every feature in our new Sorento before we left. I did have my first oil change done at Gengras by Service, and the gentlemen working there were also fast and extremely courteous. No complaints here, what-so-ever. They made the car-buying experience actually enjoyable, when dealing with other dealerships, it had NOT been.:)