McDonald Mazda/Volvo

Used 888-815-4960
Service 866-645-1674

Great Buying Experience

by from Denver, CO |

My wife and I went here to test drive a car we were thinking about buying. We test drove it a year prior at a different dealership and did not like the pushy attitude of the sales staff. We drove the car, a CX-5, at McDonald with our sales rep Ally, and also met the sales manager James. There was no pressure to buy, we told them we just needed some time to figure out what we wanted and they said just to stay in touch if they could provide more information. A week later we came in and again worked with James and Ally. We had a great price on the car from another dealer we had not met, but we really liked James and Ally so decided to give them a chance to meet or beat the price. I kept expecting something contentious but it never developed, we settled on a price quickly without any pushiness or back and forth and the car was ours. We also financed the purchase to take advantage of a 0% offer. This was also very straight forward and easy. The Finance Manager had been in the job just a week but was competent, friendly, and didn't mind that we read every word of every document, even though it kept him there late. I read through all the reviews here before we went back to buy the car, and I was a little nervous, but we really liked James and Ally when we first met them so decided to go back. They were nothing other than polite and professional. The staff has all turned over in the last few months and everyone we dealt with was sharp, professional, and nice to work with. Buying the car with McDonald was a stress free, easy process, not at all what we expected. My wife and I both highly recommend the McDonald Mazda sales team.

Bad Experience EVER!

by from denver |

Spent four hours trying to get into a new car and in the end, turned out to be the worst experience EVER in buying a car. Was pushy by sales man even though declined to proceed. Apparently salesman was told by GM to not proceed with trade in, but instead buy the car for what they were selling and told me to not do any payments on current car and to let the current bank repo my current car and make payments on the new car only. This was something that I thought would never expect to hear from a dealership, but it sure happened. Seriously, getting a car repoed just to get into buying their car. Worse part is, they said they've done it for many years and its worked out great. Great for them, but the customers probably still had to pay for the repoed car even though they said you wouldn't have to pay. Don't go to them.

July 16, 2014

SV, thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We apologize for the delayed response and the less than satisfactory experience. We will make sure to talk to our team about this. If you ever reconsider doing business with us we highly encourage you to contact our GM,Will Routon, wrouton@mcdonaldag.com

Service dept fails to follow through.

by from centennial co |

Took my xc90 in for repairs. Third major problem. Said they would talk to Volvo about help on covering costs as apparently this is not an uncommon problem and would call me the next business day. Called two days later for more info and was told I would hear back the next day. It has now been over a week and I am still waiting for that call. Everytime I go there it seems there are significant issues. I even tried buying a part there and compared prices. It was 20% over Msrp.

Great Experience with No Pressure

by from Littleton, CO |

Worked with Josh on a used Mazda. This young guy is good. He knows his stuff & doesn't pressure you at all. I am always hesitant going into a car place with sales people just waiting to pounce. Josh was easy going and funny, while coming across as being interested in being helpful & not just wanting to sell a car. Will tell my friends. Actually already started.

March 28, 2014

Thanks for the great feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with our team and Josh in particular! Let us know if there is anything else we can do and we hope to see you back soon!

I have a first class ride!

by from Littleton, Colorado |

Joe Sullivan was pleasant and professional. A great purchasing experience. I have a New Magic Carpet Ride!

March 28, 2014

Thanks for posting! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with our team and we hope to see you again soon!

Happy Day......a new car for me!

by from Centennial Colorado |

Yea for small community feel on the purchase of our new vehicle. Enjoyed the customer service experience from Joe Sullivan. Financial process was smooth and hassle free with Adan Alvarez. Definately would recommend McDonald Automotive Group!

January 20, 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoyed working with our team to get your new vehicle and we hope to see you again soon!

Great Service, not pushy at all!

by from Littleton, CO |

I worked with Joe Sullivan at McDonald Mazda. Great customer service, he took his time and showed me what I was looking for in my price range and didn't try to up sell me something that I couldn't afford.

January 20, 2014

Thanks you for sharing your experience Shelly! We're glad to hear you enjoyed working with Joe to get your Mazda. We always try to make the process as easy and comforatable as possible! Thanks again for taking the time to share and we hope to see you again soon!

Happy Day......a new car for me!

by from Centennial Colorado |

January 20, 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear you enjoyed working with our staff and hope to see you again soon!

Great dealership, great price, great car

by from Highlands Ranch, CO |

Great experience all around. No hassles, gimmicks or dishonesty. Sales consultant Josh Rose was a pleasure to work with and finance manager Adan Alvarez was spot on. No surprises from beginning to end. I'm quite surprised at some of the earlier negative posts. I suppose it is human nature or perhaps part of our culture to be quick to criticize the bad but make no effort to extend praise for a job well done. I will bet there are countless very satisfied customers that simply did not take the time to write a positive review. We purchased a new 2014 Mazda3 at a fair amount below MSRP with a very low finance rate for my daughter that attends college out of state. We did a significant amount of research and shopped around. Everything came together when we worked with Josh and Adan at McDonald. Also if you are looking for an economical car that is fun to drive with a great sound system and tech package check out the 2014 mazda3 touring with tech package option. We looked at several makes and models in this price range and nothing else compared for comfort, performance, styling and fun. Also check the reviews all over the internet and in car publications.

January 20, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback Dave! We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with our team to get your new Mazda3! Let us know if there is anythig else we can help with! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Great people to work with

by from Denver, CO |

I bought my second Volvo from McDonald and I recommend this dealership to everyone! The sales staff is very laid back & professional and pationate about thier Volvos! I knew I wanted an S60 and they found the perfect one. I'll continue to go back for service because I know they have my best interest in mine. I drove my last Volvo for 6 years because they took such great care of it but I just had to have the new S60. Thanks Randy Reed & Bob for taking care of me!

October 28, 2013

Thanks for the great feedback Ang! We're happy to hear that Randy and Bob were able to find you another great Volvo! It's great to hear you not only enjoyed the purchase process but you enjoy bringing your vehicle to our service drive as well! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again soon!