Suncoast City Auto Sales

1313 East Interstate 65 Service Rd S, Mobile, AL 36606

Used 251-471-9997

Buying an 'as is' car

by from Mobile, Al |

Shopping for a low price decent automobile with high mileage is difficult and you must rely on what you see, the condition of the vehicle and the helpfulness and honesty of the sales staff and manager. I have had over 60 years of car buying and usage and had a good recent experience with Sun Coast City Auto sales. They have a large inventory and happened to have just what I was looking for in a second car, a 2008 Chrysler van in decent condition yet having 155,000 miles on it. Rob Toomey, the sales rep was helpful in directing me to this vehicle and handling the offer, counter-offer and the closing of the sale. He did this with no pressure and with tact. The owner, Tony, deliberately asked me several times did I understand the vehicle was 'as is' at the price he agreed on and he made as part of his offer to have the front end and tires aligned, at his expense. The auto is not perfect, but I feel it will meet my need for a second vehicle. I don't hesitate to recommend those in the market for a USED car to shop here.

Buyer

by from Mobile,al |

I have a great experience buying car from Suncoastcity The salesman and finance manger worked hard to overcome The credit issues I have and they got me approved with a good Lender.

get it in writing!!!

by from mobile, al |

The manager at the car lot in mobile alabama is not to be trusted!! He made a verbal agreement with me that he would give me 3 weeks to make a payment. Guess what? My car was repoed and he denied that he had made an agreement with me. His name is Tony. Do not trust this man unless you have it in writing!! Save yourself the trouble and go elsewhere!!

Suncoast City Auto Sales responded to this review

September 1, 2012

We try to help people daily. Whether a payment agreement is verbal or written, we hope that it will be adhered to. In this case it was not. We are in business to SELL cars, not take them back - in fact, taking them back is the last thing we want to do. But sometimes we have to, and in this case we were not being paid as the customer agreed, so we took action. We do not think that is unreasonable!

They are scammers

by from Daphne |

Do not shop here!!!! Don't return calls, and hate women!!!!

Stay Away

by from Mobile, AL |

Shady, shifty snakes. Do NOT buy anything unless a mechanic you trust checks out the vehicle. I barely dodged a bullet with these scoundrels. They are friendly to your face but have no problem lying with a smile.