Gateway Kia of North Brunswick

720 US Rt. 1 North, North Brunswick, NJ 08902

New 866-981-1499
Used 866-981-1094
Service 866-524-0704

All we do is discount KIAS!

well oiled machine!

by from Edison, NJ |

It was a well oiled machine,from my being picked up when I got lost to and offering of drink and food,they really made me feel like a very special person. I would go back for another Kia and strongly recommend this dealership to friends and family and whomever I meet on the road. Thank you again Gateway Kia of North Brunswick....truely a wonderful experience. Jose A.

On my second car from Gateway

by from Staten Island, NY |

Gateway Kia is a great dealership. I already have a Sorrento from them and needed a second car so decided to come back to get an Optima. Gateway Kia left such a good impression on me the first time that I didn't even look around at other dealerships. I knew they would give me the best deal and provide the utmost professionalism and offer the most help. I was helped by salesman Edwin Guzman who was very helpful in getting me the Optima I wanted at a great price. I highly recommend Gateway Kia . Michael A.

great sale man

by from North Brunswick, NJ |

We love Dan as our sale man.Isay that if Dan wasn't there we wouldn't have got the car.

Most dishonest Dealership I have ever seen.

by from Lincoln Park, NJ |

I was looking for a new Sportage, and they were given my email and phone for a quote. It is interesting that they are the only dealer that doesn't have prices on their website. They emailed me with an offer of $5,000 off the lot sticker price, or $5,000 more than book on my Trade in, or $5,000 match on the down payment. Having checked online and other dealers prices I figured it would be interesting to at least see how their lot prices, I mean $5,000 should cover a lot of sins, but when I went in I found out why they do this. They first off claimed that the email wasn't valid, and secondly all the prices were at least $5,000 over comparably equipped Sportage's at other dealers. Then they tried the high pressure tactics to get you to buy. So much easier to buy at another dealer. Kia should revoke their franchise.

People who gave this place a high rating work here

by from North Brunswick, NJ |

They miss represented my credit. Lied to my face and got caught on it. Acted unprofessional towards my Girlfriend would never go here again and anyone that does will be taken advantage off. Waste of time to come here just drive by.

Current Customer - Would Not Recommend this Dealer

by from Edison, NJ |

Sometimes I think they just call this dealership "Apology Kia" because they spend more time apologizing for errors, bad service or mistakes than they do helping you get what you need. I leased a Sportage one year ago. They played games with numbers and told us that based on our credit we qualified for 679 per month 5000 down for the Sportage. We have Triple AAA credit, credit manager apologized (1) Because of being short staffed in their credit department and a misrepresentation of the situation I say in the dealership for almost 7 hours (apology 2). We negotiated heated seats with the car and they kept breaking appointments even after the car was brought in based on (again) being short staffed (apology 3 & 4) Key got stuck in ignition and sales rep told us to lock door with other key even though cars haven't worked that way in 15 years. He argued with us and told us "tough luck". Manager had to apologize (5). Brought car in for service, said they would have it ready in two hours, they had it for two days (apology 6). Lease agreement said they had loaner cars, we had to fight to get one. Service Manager apologized (7). They called us last week and told us they wanted us to come in for a new car because they opened a new dealership and we qualified for a new car. Said we could get same or better car for same price, Confirmed repeatedly (no addtl money down). We go to dealership and they run the same game on us 679.00 per month. We asked why they misrepresented themselves on the phone and manager apologized for wasting our time (Apology 8). I have owned many cars in my life and I am used to car salesmen but this dealership is the worst I have been too in my 20 years of buying cars. The product is good, the dealership is bad. It looks nice and they present themselves well but underneath the high shine is poor service, game playing and ultimately apologies for poor service.

Never again

by from Monmouth Junction, NJ |

I visited Gateway KIA to purchase a KIA Optima SXL in Black. I studied prices on the Internet before shopping. These guys are just not competitive with their prices. The cars are a commodity after all. They are all the same no matter where you buy it. I was horrified by the prices at Gateway KIA. When I heard the initial shot they took at me, I ran out as fast as I could. I am a fair person. I expect a business to make a fair profit. I don't expect anything for free, BUT, why would anybody pay the CRAZY PRICES at this place. I went to Gateway as it was convenient to my home, but, I'm not overpaying by thousands of dollars just for convenience. I drove to the KIA Dealer in Freehold and made my purchase for the EXACT SAME Optima SXL for thousands less. No hassles or stress with my purchase at Freehold. Avoid Gateway KIA unless you want to pay thousands more than you need to.

Worst experience of my life

by from Wood-Ridge, NJ |

This one of the worst experience in my life. First mistake....I went there alone. Second mistake, I stayed way too long. The deal took them over 5 hours. I showed up at 4pm and didn't leave till just after 9pm. By the time I left I felt like I was mentally exhausted. They ripped me off so badly. My credit was prestine and they said that they denied my credit but that they could try to put me on the 2nd tier credit which was a rip off for interest. Round and round. It was unbelievable. The Sales Manager is a creep. The salesman is obviously only there to get the sale - they say anything at the time to make you happy. They kept saying make sure you give us a "10" when you get the survey. I did not give them a 10. Honestly, I could careless where you go but if you want hassle free service, go anywhere else. This place was a joke.

Thanks Gatway

by from Brunswick, NJ |

This dealership is the only one I would purchase a car from or recommend to anyone. They worked out an impossible deal any where else would have never been able to do. Thanks gateway... Tiffany .

Like walking into a wolves den

by from North Brunswick, NJ |

Picture this: Their customer parking is right in front of their main doors and their floor to ceiling windows. As I'm pulling my car up to a spot right by the doors I can see 5 guys just staring right at me from behind the showroom windows, sizing me up, judging my age, current car, clothes, everything. I haven't even left my car yet and I felt intimidated already. It seems like they were making comments about me before even walking in. I almost wanted to pull back out and leave but this was my first stop out of a list to go car-shopping for the right price so I decided to give them a try. The chairs they had me sit in are aged and smelled. The only reason I noticed this was because it took them 20 minutes to get a car ready for me to test drive. If I knew it would've taken so long, I would've brought a book. They said it was in a second lot, then they said it had to be cleaned, and I asked why we can't just use one of the many cars just sitting in this current lot? They said test drive cars are different. Um, ok. The salesman even asked if I wanted a beverage and I asked for a water so he led me to a vending machine that dispenses bottled water at $1.25 each. It seemed like they were slow playing me because the financing guy got busy and they wanted to just keep me there. After spending a lot more time than I wanted there, I just left.

Wonderful Service

by from Staten Island, NY |

My family and I was totally overwhelmed by the wonderful service we received from Brian our salesman and from Sal in Finance as well as the whole dealership in general. Everyone was so friendly, and worked with us without any hassle, the way we are used to being treated. We use to Dana Mercury in Staten Island, and will not return. We are very happy to be a part of the Kia Family and most importantly a part of this dealership's family. Would highly recommend it to any of our family members or friends. Michael M., Staten Island NY