Bel Air Honda

Service 888-221-8134

Go Honda Go Bel Air Honda a Better Way of doing business

Dishonest

by from Aberdeen, Md |

I took my Accord into Bel-Air Honda for a recall to replace a power steering hose. It will not go back there. I made an appointment a week ahead of time and told them I would be waiting while the work was completed. When I arrived a service writer came out to the car. I said before I give you the keys let me pop the hood and you can show me the hose that will be replaced. She said that there was only one hose so no need to show me. This was lie number one. I said no there are several hoses; from the pump to the steering unit then from there to the reservoir then another back to the pump. She said well its one under the car where it will have to go up on a lift to show you and that isn?t allowed. This was lie number two. And she delivered it with such speed and conviction that it was obvious that she told customers these lies all of the time. The hose that was replaced goes from the pump which is mounted on the top side of the motor to the steering unit below. It is very visible as soon as you raise the hood. The hose needed replacement so I hoped the mechanics were better then the service writers. While waiting for the car I was approached by a couple of salesmen wanting to sell me a new car. Then after almost two hours I was approached by another service writer. He was carrying a piece of paper so I was hoping this simple job was complete. But no he said he was there to inform me of some issues. Now let me note this car is very gently driven by a mature driver and has less than 60K miles on it with regular maintenance performed ahead of schedule. First all of the brakes needed replacement and he had numbers written down where the mechanic ?measured? them and they were at the end of their service life. Then it needed a new timing belt and water pump and if those aren?t replaced right away there will be catastrophic engine damage. And the spark plugs needed to be replaced. I said this sounded expensive, and asked what would it cost and he said the timing belt and water pump was close to $1000.00 and we should go write up the estimate for all of it. I said no, I had things to do and would have to come back. He said he could arrange a rental car and get it all done, really trying to sell it so again I said no, is the hose replacement finished? He said they should be finished soon. So this half hour job was delayed by this sales tactic quite a bit and I lost track of the number of lies. 20 minutes later they said the car was done, I got my paperwork and left. I went home, pulled the car into the garage and jacked it up to check the brakes. I measured them with a digital caliper and none were even close to what the service writer said and none of the wear indicators were close to the rotors. While the car was jacked up I looked at the power steering and fluid was dripping off of the unit. I cleaned it and kept checking for drips for several days. Luckily it wasn?t leaking, just sloppy mechanics that didn?t clean up the fluid they spilled when changing the hose, even though they had a couple of hours to clean it. I know no indication of maintenance for the other items has come up on the maintenance minder; they are not listed with a service interval in the manual so I looked them up for the previous year. I was less than halfway to the recommended service intervals. Now I receive mailings from Bel-Air Honda wanting me to pay for an extended service plan. This is a high profit item that all consumer resources recommend not getting, I would especially not consider it from a dealership that was dishonest and did sloppy work. I did not complain till now, about a year later, but what prompted this is they are now robo-calling my house, clogging up my answering machine with sales pitches. Take your business elsewhere.

January 20, 2014

Hello Larry, We also tried responding to your review on dealer rater but was not able to do so. We purchased Bel Air Honda a couple years ago and instead of coming into a dealership and replacing everyone we decided to evaluate all the employees and their producers. This does take some time, but after doing so we have made many personnel changes through out the dealership and a great deal of the processes. We are now number one in customer service which what Honda calls CSE and we are sorry for how you feel you were treated in the past. We can remove you from our contact info if you choose to. If you can forward your email address and contact info to awilliams@belairhonda.com she will be sure to take your information off the list.

Horrible Experience - Feel Used

by from Bel Air, MD |

On the phone I was told a price. When I got there - it was for a model with less options. The Sales Manager got mad because he was wrong and blamed it on me. I had emails to back me up. What a rip-off!

August 12, 2013

George, Can you email Ken Hyman at khyman@belair-honda.com to go over your experience.

UFC Middleweight Champion

by from Bel Air, MD |

First and foremost, JR Hamilton was great to work with. You purchase a Honda because for the middle class car purchaser Honda gives you the most reliability, satisfaction, and overall bang for your buck. Dealing with Bel Air Honda and JR was a pleasant surprise. I had heard mixed reviews but was quite pleased by the customer service. Mr. Hanley was also personable and attentive throughout the process.

August 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Bel Air Honda as well as JR online. And welcome to the Bel Air Honda Family :)

Horrible Experience

by from Belair, Md |

I will never go back to Belair Honda it was a horrible experience. When I had an issue I was totatlly blown off like oh well sorry about your luck. Then when I contacted the general manager he is like well we can throw in some car washes and oil changes but I never saw that. Also he said I could get my car accessories at cost so when they called me with the quotes "At Cost." I then called another dealership and priced the same things and guess what they were actually a little cheap so much for getting the accessories at cost to try and make me a little happy after a terrible experience. I am just so disappointed with the whole experience I even wanted to return the car but was told NO. I would not recommend them to anyone and the sad thing is I had my friend go at the same time there and she bought a car.

July 29, 2013

Hi Brandee, I do apologize for the experience that you had. We do strive to do business a better way. In regards to the car accessories sometimes dealerships do not add labor when quoting prices over the phone. Again I do apologize.

CR-V Purchase

by from Philly |

Great working with Rick. I came directly from a race outside of Philly and Rick gave me his lunch. I was starving!!! Process went rather quickly. I dealt with there internet department before hand to work out the price. All in all, it was a great experience and thank you Rick! G~

July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Rick online. And welcome to the Bel Air Honda family :)

Everything is perfect

by from Rockville, MD |

I enjoyed my purchase experience with Max Shumilo. He explained everything very well and answered all of my questions. I would recommend Max to anyone who wants to purchase a car. Thanks

May 6, 2013

Thank you Vasily for taking the time to review Max on cars.com Bel Air Honda would like to thank you for purchasing your vehicle here and welcome to our Bel Air Honda family

Civic EX Purchase

by from Bel Air MD |

Benjamin Morgan was very thorough and professional in helping us purchase our new Civic. His customer service was excellent.

May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Ben on cars.com. Bel Air Honda welcomes you to our family

Great buying experience

by from Fallston, MD |

JR Hamilton was a true professional. He was knowledgeable, courteous and quite helpful in our decision making process. Salesmen from two other local dealerships didn't come close to JR regarding customer service. It was obvious that it was his first priority. Never thought car buying could be pleasant, but it was!

May 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review JR on cars.com. And welcome to the Bel Air Honda family

Good Car Buying Experience, Would Recommend

by from Perry Hall, Md |

Recently purchased a 2013 Honda Accord from Bel Air Honda. JR Hamilton was my salesman. He was very knowledgable and helpful in the purchase. A true gentleman in every sense.

April 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review JR on cars.com It means a lot to us

The best... nothing else to say....the best...

by from Joppa, Maryland |

My salesman, J.R., is exactly what you want in a salesperson. Very friendly, knows his products, and is not a high-pressure salesman. If you dread the games when car shopping, go to Bel Air Honda and specifically ask for J.R. The sales manager, Chris, is very friendly, and not a high-pressure guy either. This staff wants you to buy a Honda, but they want you to be happy, and they want you to refer your friends, so they know how to treat you.

April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review JR on cars.com as well as the rest of our Bel Air Honda team. It truly means a lot to us. And welcome to the Bel Air Honda Family