Lewis Toyota

2951 SW Fairlawn Rd, Topeka, KS 66614

New 888-420-7050
Used 888-420-7050
Service 888-903-6371

Topeka's leading Toyota Dealer!

Long Distance Deal

by from Anchorage, Alaska |

I live in Anchorage Alaska, and have family in Topeka. Feburary 2013, I called in to Lewis Toyota, and was greeted on the Phone by a Douglas Carter. Told him I was in Alaska living but would be in Topeka in June to purchase a 2013 Toyota Tacoma. He found me the exact one I was looking for, color, equipment, long bed, everything. I had some things added to it as well. He stayed in contact with me for over 4 months with updates. I showed up, and everythiing was done and ready for my delivery. Doug Carter did and excellent job and I love my new truck.

Thanks Pairs, Lewis Toyota

great service

by from topeka ks |

Good service was on point,answered all my questions was stright forward with me i recommend to anybody good customers service. Will sit you down, and go over evrrything for you untill u have a good understanding with them

NEVER WILL BUY FROM LEWIS AGAIN

by from Topeka, Ks. |

Talked into buying a car NOW or the "great deal" would not be available tomorrow. Wasn't car we really wanted and have been having repairs done for several weeks. Car should have been Ready to Go! Would not consider trading back so we have a care we now need to sell and will more than likely loose thousands that we don't have! Nice people but only out to make $$$ and no compassion.

Absolutely Awful

by from Topeka, KS |

My boyfriend and I went to Lewis Toyota to look for a relatively cheap SUV. At first we were greeted nicely and were shown some options, but when it got time to talk numbers that's when everything went downhill. First of all, if your under 25, don't even bother with these people, they won't take you seriously. I have an '02 beetle I was willing to trade in. The salesman we were working with was pretty helpful, we had explained we weren't ready to buy right then and there because we are moving in together that same week and needed to be prepared for our bills and get settled and everything, he seemed to understand until he brought his manager over. I don't remember this guys name but he's the only young "hot shot" manager there. He is probably the rudest person I have EVER met. He sits down and is like, "Alright I understand you guys like this car, so what's holding you back?" I responded with our financial state. He then said, "Oh, that's nothing. That's easy to deal with." Um, okay I'm sorry, let me just not eat for a week because you want me to buy your car. I get closing a sale is what they're supposed to do, but he was so incensative and harsh. I can't recommend anyone give them business if that's how they treat people. Just awful.

June 18, 2014

To Anonymous, My name is Shawn Ellis, I am the General Sales Mgr at Lewis Toyota. First and foremost I would like to apologize for the experience you had while visiting our dealership. This is not how I or my staff have been trained in the care of our customers during their shopping at Lewis Toyota. I feel I have addressed this situation with the Mgr you mentioned and he understands this what not appropriate conduct and will not be tolerated at the establishment. Please except my apology and I thank you for bringing this to our attention so the the proper actions can be put in place and that this situation will not happen in the future. If you have any other concerns please feel free to contact me at the dealership.

Voided my warranty after I complained

by from Lawrence, KS |

I?ll never walk back into this dealership and suggest you don?t either. My experiences dealing with them have been the worst of any company that I?ve ever dealt with at least in this lifetime. I don?t remember past lives, but I doubt if any previous existences could top this. Up until recently I?ve had nothing but great experiences. Drove in from Lawrence to have both our Toyotas serviced there and had positive experiences. Friendly helpful service staff so when it came time to buy a car for the spouse, we went to Lewis and everything was great. When I was in a car accident and had to accelerate, pardon the pun, a car purchase the salesperson was great although the transaction was simple. Only one Prius on the lot. Sticker price and done. It?s when I went to pay, believe it or not, all heck broke loose. Since I had a settlement from my insurance I was them what I should do. SIgn it over the salesperson said and the rest I could put on points for my credit card. When I actually went to do this, I was told I couldn?t pay more than $200 via credit card and they wouldn?t accept the check from the insurance company and I?d have to finance it if I wanted to leave today with the car---knowing that I had been dropped off and I had returned my rental car. I was over the barrel. When I called my agent and he said the finance manger was full of smoke (he used a different term) they accepted the check but reminded me that if it bounced I?d be arrested for stealing the car. But wait, it gets better. I was told due to the patriot act they would need my social security number to run a credit check. No really. I knew that was ?smoke?-they just didn?t want me to pay cash. I have a credit lock anyways so I would have to unlock it for them to continue. The manager was rude, offensive, belligerent and just downright ornery. Who would have thought paying for the car was trouble? I contacted Toyota national as well as the dealership and my requests fell on deaf ears. Contacting Homeland Security got action as they don?t take kindly to dealers using 9/11 to finance a car. Got an apology from the dealership and an explanation the manager?s wife was dying of cancer and that?s why he was off and no worries, he was retiring. I decided to continue with the dealership based on that Fast forward to a few years later and after spending thousands on dealers service, my car was up for an extended warranty. Did research and contacted the dealership and made sure that manager wasn?t there. I was told he wasn?t and I?d deal with a new person. Went to pick up the warranty and the ?retired? manager was there. Same belittlement I received when trying to pay. No paperwork was ready and I had to endure this so-called gentleman for over an hour. When I mentioned to a cashier how frustrated I was and how I regret purchasing from Lewis. I called Toyota to complain and they mentioned the paperwork hadn?t been processed, but my credit card was charged. I then filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the manager decided to void the warranty and the deal. It wasn?t until I withdrew the claim that they processed the warranty. Seriously, I wouldn?t trust these guys with a tricycle at this point given the shady dealings they delight in.

Difficult Sale, Excellent Customer Service

by from Topeka KS |

Once I purchased my new Toyota Highlander, the Lewis Staff was exceptionally accommodating and easy to work with. They really helped me settle into my car and made the extra effort to ease the transition. Maggie Mahood was tremendous and Eric Mancillas was a lot of help. However, there was not a lot of price negotiation or upfront integrity at the beginning of the sales process. If I hadn't been so committed to buying local, I might have priced another dealership. That being said, I'm very happy in my new car.

November 8, 2014

Thank you for kind words, we are sorry if you feel this process wasn't as great as it could have been. We do apologize and hope that our new staff meets your future standards. Thank you for recommending us and also for doing your business local.

Wonderful Experience

by from Lewis Toyota |

Everyone was very nice and made the buying process very easy/

October 14, 2014

Thanks D, Lewis Toyota

Wonderful Experience

by from Topeka KS |

The search and buying process was very low key- no pressure experience. Questions answered more coverage for a car than I was expecting - I really feel their key factor is to make me a very happy, satisfied customer now and in the future.

Thanks for the review, Your frineds at Lewis Toyota

Great Experience especially Jermain Sellers

by from Berryton KS |

I have been purchasing cars/trucks for 30+ years and the current experiance with Jermaine Sellars and Toyota Staff has been the best I have ever experienced.

Thank you for the great survey. Lewis Toytoa

Great Experience Overall

by from Topeka KS |

Bought my first New Toyota. Total experiance was fantastic. Lots of pleasant surprises. To the point BEST SALE EVER.

Thanks Jerry

Great Experience

by from Overbrook KS |

Everyone was helpful and knowledgable. Purchased a 2013 Highlander.

Thanks Randal. Lewis Toyota