Riverhead Ford II

(3.0) 4 Reviews

1419 Old Country Rd, Riverhead, NY 11901

The worst experience!!!! Do NOT buy from them!!

by from Riverhead |

I was looking to buy a new car from them. Spent 4 hours in the dealership with my 2yr old son. Put money down on a car from another lot was pre approved before I left and signed paperwork. Get a call the next day telling me the car is damaged and there is another car but a $1000 more. They neglected to find out about the car nor did they tell me they didn't talk to the other dealership. They told me its there policy to find out about the car after someone had been approved, which I was when I was at the dealership. With that said they were unwilling to reduce the price at all for the car the was available. They were unwilling to help find another car. They were rude, and completely insensitive to my situation (have a 2yr old, pregnant, and my husband passed away 4 mo ago) since have gone to another dealership and am glad I did!

Happy customer

by from Port Jefferson, NY |

Over the years I've purchased both new and used cars from this dealership and I've always been satisfied. They went out of their way to find just the cars I wanted.

Expired temporary plates

by from Ashaway, RI |

I stand by my first review as far as the buying experience is concerned, but the dealership dropped the ball as soon as we left the lot. We payed $120 for a service to attain Rhode Island plates for my new purchase by October 28 2011 when the temporary plate expired. It is now November 5 and I still have no plates and cannot drive my car legally. They are blaming the State of Rhode Island and are reluctant to return my calls and when I asked to speak to a manager I was actually hung up on. They will not refund the money for the service which failed to provide plates as promised and I can still not drive my car. Thank you Riverhead Ford. If you are dealing with them from out of State, beware.

Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder

by from Ashaway, RI |

This one owner car was on the lot for less than a month when I saw it at Cars.com and my long distance love affair began. Sixty miles of road and Long Island sound were keeping us apart, but Jim Tuffy and Riverhead Ford brought us together by going above and beyond (with a little coaxing) to get me and my family behind the wheel of our dream car. We may never see them again but I recommend anyone to visit their showroom and take advantage of their friendly courteous service. Thank you all, I love my car. Bob.