R.L. Smith Sales Inc

466 Hayes Rd, Rensselaer, NY 12144

Used 855-223-6260 Used 855-223-6260

Cars with a Personal Touch since 1950

Worth the 1 1/2 hr trip back!

by from Fort Ann, NY |

I needed a new key FOB for a spare, for my 2007 Saab 9-3. I had such a great experience buying this car, last year, from Greg and Joan, that I was anxious to give them my business, and to pay a visit. You can't go wrong doing business with R.L. Sales! They are top notch, and also, it is great to talk about Saab with Greg. Also, I thought the price I paid for the new FOB, with programming, was very reasonable!

Best Used Car Dealership

by from Latham, NY |

Read great reviews on this dealership and they happened to have the exact car I was looking to purchase for my son. Took a ride out and we were not disappointed! Greg was more than fair and willing to work within our budget. Joan was patient and professional. We even met Peter in service when we set off a car alarm after hours. Every issue (all minor) we've had with the car has been addressed. This car buying experience far exceeds any we've ever had. RL Smith has made life long customers out of us. My husband is already talking about replacing his current car with a Saab! Check out this place for yourself and I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

My new "GO TO" for SAAB Stories!!!

by from New Hartford, CT. |

Greg Smith was right on target! Able to diagnose my car over the phone, stocked the part and had me on my way again in less than 24 hours! Took charge and allowed me to continue enjoying a family celebration. I am from Litchfield County CT and will be bringing my auto needs to Greg from now on! Honest, fair and skilled....what more could you ask for!!!!!

Could not have made it easier.

by from Fayette, ME |

Though it was 4 states away we found the car we were looking for. Greg and the staff made it super easy for a complicated out of state process. Having to travel all that way to a car we had only had a picture of forced us to trust R.L. Smith and we are so glad we did. The car was nothing shy of perfect.

My first car

by from Nassau Ny |

now the funny thing is i was driving this lil Plymouth breeze that my parents gave to me and I'm a pretty big guy. 6.3 250, driving around in this clown car so i found a job and I started the search for a chevy impala LS, I was being very particular. It had to be white or black, with the 3.8 motor, sunroof and the spoiler, of course. I searched everywhere for one, high and low! had no luck. I was just about to give up, when my pops gives me a call. said he thought he saw one at Rl smiths.I lived in stuyvesant at the time and just felt like it was a waste of gas, as ridiculous as i looked driving that plymouth here's my dream car sitting in the middle of the parking lot surrounded by these lil adorable saabs. I ended buying the car, had it for a lil over 2 years now. Had a check engine light pop on a couple weeks after i bought it and I forget his name, had me in and out within 10minutes. it was just a rubber gasket on the gas cap. The garage looked very well maintained, clean and organized. so it feels very inviting to bring your car there knowing you have nothing to worry about.

Great !!!

by from latham, NY |

I absolutely loved my 2001 Saab Hatchback. The ONLY way that I was able to enjoy this car and the awesome "Saab Experience" was because of Greg. His knowledge, service and workmanship, are second to none. Thank you R.L. Smith. If they ever start making Saab's again...you are the FIRST place I'm coming to.

Very pleasantly surprised

by from New Baltimore, NY |

Recently the cruise control on my 2007 Saab Aero began malfunctioning. I've used several area Saab mechanics in the past with only marginal satisfaction. Received a piece in the mail announcing RL Smith as a new Saab dealer. Surprised me since I understood the Saab dealership network in the US had basically disbanded. In any event I gave a call and brought it in. Gregg Smith quickly diagnosed the problem (malfunction in the stalk handle), installed a 'loaner' handle from one of his many 'donor' Saabs, so I had the cruise in working order while waiting for the new part to arrive. Quite frankly could not have been more pleased.

Happy SAAB owner!

by from Albany, NY |

I have been dealing with RL Smith for about six years and I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Greg Smith and his crew. I have two SAABs, both 2007; a 9-5 and a 9-3 wagon. The latter I bought from RL Smith. I take care of my cars and Smith helps me keep them at peak performance. Sometimes its been the little things that make the difference, like reprograming the headlights and driving lights to mirror the European scheme. Greg and Co. deliver customer service that is truly personal. He remembers all his customers and their particulars. I recommend RL Smith to anyone looking for great service. Thanks Greg, Pete, Marc, and John.

Great service even from afar!!

by from Castleton, NY |

I have always had excellent professional service from Greg and his RL Smith team. A few months ago, while temporarily living in PA, the temperature gauge was rising in my Saab. I went to a local service station that a friend had recommended. The mechanic there explained what part he needed and gave me an estimate of ~$900 for parts and labor. I called RL Smith for advice and Pete, one of the mechanics, told me that he thought the estimate was high, being that the part usually costs ~$100. The mechanic rechecked with his parts provider and confirmed his price. I called Pete back and he was nice enough to speak with the mechanic from PA and explain to him that he didn't need the whole component, just one segment. He also explained to him where he could find the part on line, and if he wasn't able to locate it, Pete was willing to ship the part to him. The PA mechanic was grateful to Pete for showing him where he could locate parts in the future. I knew I could count on the team from RL Smith for advice because they are the Saab experts!!!! Thanks to them, my $900 estimate ended up costing less than $400.

Great service, friendly and honest staff

by from Cambridge, ON |

I was coming through New York on a road trip and my Saab broke down. I was able to get to this dealership and they took me in right away! They looked at my car and gave me an honest and accurate diagnosis. They had the part I needed on hand and put it in right away! They knew we were just passing through and worked quickly and efficiently to get us back on the road. They were super friendly and inviting, and offered coffee and a room to sit and relax in. The one individual who did all of the labor and replaced my part was super knowledgeable and was able to walk me through what he did and why it needed to be done. He topped up my windshield wash and cleaned out my back seat. I have never been so impressed and treated so well as a customer. I wish I was not just passing through New York and that I could return to these guys for all of my service needs!