R.L. Smith Sales Inc

Used 855-223-6260

Cars with a Personal Touch since 1950

Great Experience Buying my first SAAB

by from Malta NY |

RL Smith came highly recommended by a few people I know. I have wanted a Saab for over 20 years, but until now it was not possible. I went to the dealership one day and spoke with John. He sat with me and gave me some great advice on Saab cars. He gave me tips to use when buying a Saab, whether it was from RL Smith or some place else. We looked at cars in the lot but I did not find one that fit my eye. While I was there John learned they just purchased a Saab at an auction. I got pictures later that night. Went back the next day and test drove the car. Loved it!!! I bought that car, my first Saab!!! RL Smith replaced the tires, brakes, rotors, all filters, changed the fluids. They also gave the car an oil change. The service has been amazing. They also give you a loaner car to use if needed. I have loved my experience with RL Smith, Greg is the best. I trust them completely and will continue to bring my car there for service for as long as I own the car. I highly recommend RL Smith to anyone. They are amazing and really know everything about Saabs. You wont be disappointed if you get a car from them. Go see them today. Dan

Very pleasantly surprised

by from New Baltimore, NY |

Recently the cruise control on my 2007 Saab Aero began malfunctioning. I've used several area Saab mechanics in the past with only marginal satisfaction. Received a piece in the mail announcing RL Smith as a new Saab dealer. Surprised me since I understood the Saab dealership network in the US had basically disbanded. In any event I gave a call and brought it in. Gregg Smith quickly diagnosed the problem (malfunction in the stalk handle), installed a 'loaner' handle from one of his many 'donor' Saabs, so I had the cruise in working order while waiting for the new part to arrive. Quite frankly could not have been more pleased.

Happy SAAB owner!

by from Albany, NY |

I have been dealing with RL Smith for about six years and I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with Greg Smith and his crew. I have two SAABs, both 2007; a 9-5 and a 9-3 wagon. The latter I bought from RL Smith. I take care of my cars and Smith helps me keep them at peak performance. Sometimes its been the little things that make the difference, like reprograming the headlights and driving lights to mirror the European scheme. Greg and Co. deliver customer service that is truly personal. He remembers all his customers and their particulars. I recommend RL Smith to anyone looking for great service. Thanks Greg, Pete, Marc, and John.

Great service even from afar!!

by from Castleton, NY |

I have always had excellent professional service from Greg and his RL Smith team. A few months ago, while temporarily living in PA, the temperature gauge was rising in my Saab. I went to a local service station that a friend had recommended. The mechanic there explained what part he needed and gave me an estimate of ~$900 for parts and labor. I called RL Smith for advice and Pete, one of the mechanics, told me that he thought the estimate was high, being that the part usually costs ~$100. The mechanic rechecked with his parts provider and confirmed his price. I called Pete back and he was nice enough to speak with the mechanic from PA and explain to him that he didn't need the whole component, just one segment. He also explained to him where he could find the part on line, and if he wasn't able to locate it, Pete was willing to ship the part to him. The PA mechanic was grateful to Pete for showing him where he could locate parts in the future. I knew I could count on the team from RL Smith for advice because they are the Saab experts!!!! Thanks to them, my $900 estimate ended up costing less than $400.

Great service, friendly and honest staff

by from Cambridge, ON |

I was coming through New York on a road trip and my Saab broke down. I was able to get to this dealership and they took me in right away! They looked at my car and gave me an honest and accurate diagnosis. They had the part I needed on hand and put it in right away! They knew we were just passing through and worked quickly and efficiently to get us back on the road. They were super friendly and inviting, and offered coffee and a room to sit and relax in. The one individual who did all of the labor and replaced my part was super knowledgeable and was able to walk me through what he did and why it needed to be done. He topped up my windshield wash and cleaned out my back seat. I have never been so impressed and treated so well as a customer. I wish I was not just passing through New York and that I could return to these guys for all of my service needs!

Best Service I Have Ever Received! 100% Recommend

by from New York |

This is by far the best customer service I have ever received in the US and Canada. When my friends and I were having trouble with our Saab during our long-awaited road trip, we took the car to R. L. Smith Sales and was blown away with the service we received. We were warmly welcomed and offered coffee on what was a bitterly cold day (even for us Canadians!). Greg was very friendly, helpful and honest with us, keeping us informed the whole time as to what was going on. When we informed him we were from Canada, he and his team worked quickly and efficiently to get the car fixed so we could get to the Celtics game in Boston that night. They double and triple checked to make sure that everything was in perfect working condition so we would not have any more problems. In no time the Saab was running smoothly. They even refilled the windshield washer fluid and tidied the car up! After all this friendly service we received, Greg went one step further and since we were unfamiliar with the area, he drew us a map so that we were able to get back to the interstate to get to Boston and gave us a number to call in case we had any more problems. R. L. Smith Sales made my friends and I feel right at home even in another country. I would definitely 100% recommend R. L. Smith Sales to anyone. They are truly Saab experts. Thank you so much Greg and his team! We are so appreciative of everything that you did for us!

Saab and RL Smith Sales and Service Are the best!

by from rensselaer, ny |

I have purchased 3 Saabs so far from here. I have all of my repair and maintenance work done here as well. Everyone associated with this company has always been accomadating, honest and fair. I would highly recommend both sales and service from RL Smith Sales. Great pele and a great company.

The Best!

by from Amsterdam, NY |

These guys run a top notch service. I am always treated with respect and genuine care when listening to my concerns about my vehicle. I am a two time buyer from R L Smith, one a 06 Volvo, and currently a 08 Saab, 93 Areo. They worked with me making the process simple and as fast as you want it to happen. Believe me, they went out of their way to help when I needed it to happen fast! And today, when I need service they are always making sure I know what's causing a problem. Talk to John, or talk to Greg, or any one of their service team. They are friendly and truly want you to be satisfied with not just their work, but your vehicle itself. Simply put, if you are considering doing business with R L Smith, I think you'll be happy with the choice.

Excellent people!!

by from Albany, NY |

I recently bought a 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero convertible from R.L. Smith. I found them after shopping around at several other dealers in the area, and I can say with confidence that the folks at R.L. Smith are simply the best. There's a reason they have been in business for over 50 years and have unanimously positive reviews. They are honest, straightforward, and take their time explaining things and making sure that all your questions are answered. They genuinely care about building customer relationships. In the car sale business, it's difficult to find people who you can trust, but R.L. Smith is truly a gem. I will take my car back to them for service and I highly recommend them to anyone!

All-Around Wonderful!

by from Albany, NY |

They were able to fix a problem in my wife's Saab that we had for over 6 months. After spending hundreds of dollars trying to fix it, they found the problem and solved it immediately!

Good car and price, solid service, no pressure

by from Glenville, NY |

So far, and acknowledging I've had the used car only a few weeks, the experience was remarkable for an experience with a car dealer. John was low-key, friendly, made sure the service bay addressed my questions and sold us a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse with 30,000 miles that came from an estate sale, which he sold us for $8,500. The car works well. The warranty is limited to four months on major systems but that was enough to drive it away without too much worry and see initially that it's got no immediate problems.