Star Mazda

Used 855-774-6544
Service 855-282-1665

Straight up buying experience

by from Burbank |

Victor helped me from the first phone call,when we got to the dealer,it was no haggle,no worries,no pushing. We liked his attitude,attention,knowledge of product,he is well spoken and definitely worked with us to get what we want in the financial part of buying our great looking Mazda 6

Do not trust the window sticker!

by from Los Angeles |

I am leasing since March 2014 a Mazda 3 with Star Mazda in Glendale, CA. I met Greg Moss, salesman through the Internet. Greg is a professional and nice gentleman. The car is comfortable and has good accelerations which makes it fun to drive. BUT, but, the gas consumption is horrible. The sticker showed 30 miles/gallon in the city and 40 miles/gallon on freeways. I drive nearly exclusively in Los Angeles and the actual consumption is 17 to 20 miles/gallon. That is a huge difference. I mentioned that to the Star Mazda service department during the 2nd service. They didn't find any leak or anything wrong. They kept the car for 2 days and one of the advisors drove it home back and forth and got a 27 miles/gallon driving it in the neighborhood of Glendale. Bottom line: stickers lie! Check with a friend before you buy a car and ask him about the actual gas consumption. I am glad to see that Star Mazda has replaced the Service Manager and some of the service advisors. I am only hoping that the service to customers will be better (is it so difficult to return a phone call?). I am used to the service from the German cars manufacturers and there is a world of difference!

The Best Buying Experience

by from Sherman Oaks, CA |

What a pleasure! No fuss, no muss, just a great experience. I went to Star Mazda's website. I looked at their Specials on new cars. They had the exact Masda 6 I was looking for on special. I called Kyle Groom the Internet manager and asked if the advertise special was able to be leased as well as purchased. He said yes. We meet the next day and went over the deal. Just as advertised, what a great price, best discount on the car that I have seen anywhere. No pushing to close the deal, very pleasant, Kyle made it easy. I still wanted to see a few more cars, so I left and told Kyle I would contact him in a few days. Saw another car on the ten best list the next day. They were very aggressive and offered similar discount on their vehicle. They appraised my car and offered me a great trade-in figure. I drove the car and did not like it nearly as much as the Mazda 6 Grand Touring. I called Kyle and told him about the other offer. He asked me to bring in the car so they could look at it. They looked and five minutes later made the same offer for my car. I asked them to write it up. A pleasant 20 minutes with the finance manager and I was driving home. That was easy. The car is terrific. The more I drive it, the more I like it. Thank you Kyle and Star Mazda.

Best Service

by from glendale,CA |

It's a holiday weekend and I was in a bind with getting my service done before 1:00. I let the service drive know and they gave me a ride to the mall so I can finish my shopping and be back in time for my trip. took care of me and the ride was on time to pick me up, I didnt need to wait at all.

Great Service!

by from Tarzana CA |

I had an issue with my breaks and I took my car to 3 other dealerships before I went to Star Mazda. The service manager Santiago came out and met with me, and took care of all my questions. def go back.

Great car buying experience

by from Glendale CA |

Greg moss helped my daughter locate and purchase a car. Great experience. He is a wonderful man.

Great Service in and out in 30 min

by from Glendale, CA |

I drive a Cadillac SRX and I was pleasantly surprised to find that Star Mazda will service my Cadillac and other makes as well. The closest Cadillac dealer is 10 miles away. Working and living in Glendale it is difficult for me to make the drive out to a Cadillac dealership. I was in and out in less than 30 min. The service department was so friendly and they made me feel at home. I will be going back for future services.

Buying a car, made easy

by from burbank, ca |

Greg Moss was our sales person. My review will be just like our buying experience....quick, easy, to the point and great! great customer service, nice test drive, got me to my price and didn't take all day.

Fantastic service

by from Pasadena, CA |

I strongly recommend Star Mazda to everyone. Both Dominique Fuster in the process of leasing a Mazda 3 and Rick Pontious during the 7,500-mile service were extremely helpful and welcoming. Thank you! The facilities are above average and make the visit a comfortable experience.

Great way to buy a car! ASK FOR GREG!

by from Los Angeles, CA |

My husband bought his Mazda 3 hatchback about 4 years ago. We had such a great experience with Greg, that now that it is time for me to buy a car I am went with Star Mazda. I got a Mazda 3 sedan and it is perfect for my daily commute and parking on the street. I went through the buying process with Greg. Again, he was amazing to go through the stressful process of buying a car. He gives you a straight deal and he is easy to talk to and personable. I cannot stress enough how pleasant this whole experience has been. If you want/need a new car, go to Star Mazda, ASK FOR GREG!

Awful - Dealership is poorly managed

by from Los Angeles, CA |

To begin with, about three years ago I leased a Mazda3 from Star Mazda. As part of my lease, I added a maintenance package, so I would have my routine service checks pre-paid for the next three years. As per the agreement, it was good for the next 36,000 miles (12,000 x 3 years -- my mileage allotment for the lease). From the start, the maintenance package was a headache as the very first appointment I made with Star Mazda's service department...they tried to charge me (evidently, the information wasn't updated in their computer records). The error was corrected and I honestly didn't think I would have any more problems with getting my car serviced per my lease agreement. Cut to two and half years later; I bring my car in a few months ago (the Fall of 2014) and suddenly there's 'confusion' if the service check will be covered. Eventually, it was settled and I wasn't charged so I decided to speak to someone in Sales directly to clarify the issue, as I still had less than a year left on the lease and wanted to know if I was, in fact, still covered by the maintenance package (which BTW I pay, as part of my monthly lease payment). I call Star Mazda and after a WEEK, I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM ANYONE. So I call Mazda corporate and complain. Not too surprising, I get a call back from the dealership ASAP. Yet as I speak to the salesperson, they were dismissive and honestly, sounded as if they could not care less what I was calling about. In any event, they confirmed I had one final service check covered by the package. Cut to about two weeks ago - 1/16/15. I take my car in to be serviced (for the last time under the current lease) and get the runaround regarding if it will be covered per the package. After waiting for easily 20 to 30 minutes to talk to 'Aldo' (the service manager - not sure if he was the actual one, or just filling in for his boss) I was handed over to the salesman (Moss) who originally sold me the lease. According to his records, I was still covered up to 36,000 (and the car itself only had 28,000). As he tried to straighten this out with Aldo, eventually Moss telling me the service was going to be performed, I agreed to take a new Mazda3 for a test drive (to pass the time as I had been at the dealership for close to an hour waiting for the service to be performed). Upon our return, I'm told by Moss that now NO SERVICE will be done because suddenly it's "5 service checks only" and not "36,000 miles". At this point, Star Mazda was clearly only interested in getting me into a new lease; touting the 'great deal' (not) I would be getting because Mazda happened to be doing their ANNUAL incentives for customers with a lease about to expire. Over and over again, Moss repeated I should just get a new car and forget about the oil change on the current car (or if I wanted, I'd could take care if it myself). Now, if it wasn't that big of a deal, why didn't Star Mazda do what they said they were going to do instead of changing the conditions to benefit themselves? Part of my lease PRE-PAID for 3 years of service checks. Don't sell customers a maintenance package you have no intention of fully honoring. Granted, I will need to get a new lease, but these kinds of underhand sales tactics are not necessary. I came in for a service check and that's all I wanted. Instead, I got a lot of nonsense and a sales pitch from a dealership that is pathetically inept when it comes to customer service. Potential car buyers/leasers should think twice before doing business with Star Mazda. I have and taken my time/money and patience to Galpin Mazda. Good work Aldo saving Star Mazda $40 on an oil change from a longtime Mazda customer....I'm sure your efforts cutting costs will be rewarded (NOT).