Mel Hambelton Ford

11771 W Kellogg St, Wichita, KS 67209

New 866-914-3171
Used 866-690-2192
Service 888-349-3419

We're better we're proving it you be the judge!

Make sure you ask for John Santellan!

by from Wichita, KS |

I recently visited Mel Hambelton Ford and had the pleasure to meet Sales Consultant John Santellan while shopping for a Ford Mustang with and for my daughter. I have bought numerous cars in my lifetime, but I have never experienced the customer service and professionalism I enjoyed with John. John had the wherewithal to make my daughter a real part of the buying experience. He was extremely patient in dealing with a sixteen year old that was unsure of the color or package options she wanted in her first car. John let her test drive all of the different vehicles she was interested in and took care in explaining the differences of each. When she narrowed her choice to two vehicles, he pulled them both to a vacant spot on the lot so she could see them side by side. He never rushed her to make a decision and acted as if we were the only people that mattered to him at the time. Once a decision was made on the vehicle, John turned his attention to me. In past experiences, purchasing a car has been a tedious task with the back and forth tactics of negotiation. Not so with John and Mel Hambelton Ford. I spoke frankly with John about what I was looking for in our transaction and he made it happen with one visit to the Sales Manager. In the end, my daughter left with the car of her dreams and I left with the best car buying experience I've ever had. The next time I'm in the market for a Ford automobile I will most certainly visit Mel Hambelton Ford and I won't deal with anyone other than John Santellan. If you're in the market for a Ford as well, I highly suggest you pay John a visit.

April 7, 2014

Mike! We are so glad you had such a wonderful experience. We are always working on our customer service because we know taking care of our customers... or our family rather... is the #1 priority. We hope your daughter enjoys her mustang for the years to come and we look forward to helping you with anything else in the future! Thanks again!

Great experience!

by from Anthony, KS |

This is the 2nd truck that I have bought from MH and both times, Reggie has been my salesman. He is excellent to work with and goes out of his way to help me find exactly what I want. I will tell anyone I know looking for a new or used vehicle to visit Reggie.

Great service!

by from St. Louis, MO |

I recently bought a new Ford Explorer from Mel Hambelton, and Phil Nightingale and his team did a wonderful job. I received great service, and the dealership had great selection. I know for a fact that I was given a good price on my Explorer (I compared prices to other dealers - MH won hands-down), and I was given a very solid credit for my trade-in. I've always received good maintenance service from MH, so I'm confident that I'll be taken care of into the future. Overall, I recommend Mel Hambelton everyone - best dealership in Wichita!

July 2, 2014

Luke, our number one goal is customer satisfaction and we're happy we could meet your expectations once again! Thank you for your review and we hope you enjoy your new Explorer!

Great selection, terrible salesman

by from Wichita, KS |

The salesman we had was very bad. He tried to pressure us heavily on a lot of things. He also ran our credit history WITHOUT our consent even though we told them we were financing through a bank. It doesn't hurt our credit score but it can make creditors skeptical when there are a lot of credit inquiries. Also, they tripled the trade-in value of my previous vehicle, so use that as a bargaining tool!

May 20, 2014

OsmiumVIII, We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a satisfactory experience with us. We'd like to hear more about this. If you could call or email our public relations manager, Cristina Schul, at 316-462-3673 ext:3269 or cristina.schul@mhford.com we'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your honest review.

We had a great sales person

by from Wichita, Ks. |

We were not looking forward to buying a new car. From the minute we walked in it was a great. Everyone made us feel right at home. Thank you

May 14, 2014

We're very happy we made the process easy for you Maureen. Enjoy your new vehicle and please don't ever hesitate to call us. We're here for anything you could ever possibly need! Thank you again and have a great day.

satisfied customer

by from Wichita Kansas |

I had two sales people help me. The first one was just telling me how bad my truck was. This was before I even started to talk about a new truck, I got upset and told him I didn't come here for you to bash my truck. After I got mad we then got down to business. My truck was 14 years old, I knew it needed work. And wasent worth a lot, but it was worth more than what they tried to give me. Things got better and we worked out a great deal on a nice newer ford truck. We also helped our daughter find a car the same day to buy for from them. We got good service and fare prices on the vehicles. I will go back again.

May 14, 2014

We appreciate your honesty. We're glad we could finally reach an agreement that met your needs. Making you happy is our number one goal and we're working everyday to accomplish this. We really hope you and your daughter enjoy your new vehicles! If there's anything you two ever need, please just give us a call. Thank you again.

Good Deal and a Good Day

by from Pratt, KS |

Having had a bad experience with Mel Hambelton many years ago--14 to be exact--I was somewhat reluctant to give them another shot, but I'm glad I did. The sales team starting with the online consultant Kathy Henson, the salesman she hooked me up with, Travis Whisler, down to the finance department...everything and everyone was very smooth. I would highly recommend them--and in fact I have--to anyone who is looking to purchase new/used vehicle. I'm sold.

May 8, 2014

Curtis, we greatly appreciate giving Mel Hambelton Ford another shot. We've come a long way and our number 1 goal is to provide the customer with the best car shopping experience. Travis Whisler represents this goal perfectly and he will be very thankful for your review as well. If there's anything else we can do now or in the future please do not hesitate to give us, or Travis, a call! Thanks again!

Excellent from start to finish

by from Richmond, IL |

I bought my vehicle over the internet. I am from Illinois. I flew in from Chicago and was kindly picked up at the airport by MHF. I had been searching for some time for a specific used vehicle and Mel Hambelton Ford had it. These guys were clearly a cut above any car dealer in my neck of the woods and I have been to many of them. They were so helpful, cooperative, friendly, fair and most importantly, no games. Very professional and efficient in all aspect of the deal. The vehicle was perfect. They treated me like a king even though I purchased a used car and not a new vehicle. I worked with Jeff White, Alan Oliver and Todd Williams. I also worked with Teresa who was extremely helpful in getting me the title in a timely manner. Everyone I worked with was professional with great follow through and responsiveness. I was very impressed with these guys and their operation. First class all the way. Highly recommended.

March 13, 2014

John, I'm glad to hear that we were able to meet all of your expectations here in Wichita, KS! We are always working our hardest to improve and from your review it sounds like we are on our way. Thank you so much for your kind words and please don't hesitate to spread our name around the Chicago area! Enjoy your new vehicle and welcome to the Mel Hambelton Ford family.

Great car buying experience

by from Wichita, KS |

I've bought a number of different vehicles from various dealers around town through the years and greatly appreciated how easy it was to get in and out without having that sleazy sales experience that so often comes with getting a new car. By far and away the most unpleasant part of buying cars in the past has been the dealerships I have had to deal with to get one. Mel Hambelton definitely provided me with a top notch experience, from the sales person who seemed honest and easy to deal with (no pressure at all), to how quickly we were able to come to an equitable arrangement on my trade. I was in and out in about an hour or so, which was amazing (compared to past experiences) and I feel like I was treated very fairly. I got a better deal overall than I would have from the other dealerships I had spoken to and I didn't feel like I was spending the entire time having to read the small print to see how I was getting taken advantage of like I have with other dealerships in the past. I will definitely be purchasing future vehicles from this dealership.

March 5, 2014

Michael, We greatly appreciate your positive review of Mel Hambelton Ford. It lets us know that we are doing what we're supposed to to provide superior service to our customers. We want to congratulate you on your new vehicle and want to welcome you to the MHFord family!

Great Car buying experience

by from Wichita, KS |

One of the best car buying experiences I have had. I am 68 years old and have bought a lot of cars over the years, and this is my first time with Mel Hambelton. I didn't have any problems with pushy sales people, and no haggling necessary. The service department has been great to work with. I got a super car loan rate from their finance department. I couldn't be happier with this experience.

February 27, 2014

Margret, Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to know that we were able to meet your expectations when purchasing your vehicle! We here at Mel Hambelton Ford are always trying to improve and better ourselves and we know we are doing that when we have customers join our family just as you have! If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call! Thanks again!

I bought threes cars from them

by from Wichita ks |

I bought three cars from them the last one I bought we end up getting hit head on in it wrecking I was going to bought my forth tell I found out the last one I bought from had over $3400 in repairs that I didn't know about and they even gave me a autocheck report saying it was a clean car I went to them asking about it they told me that it had to be wrong because ford wants them to use autocheck I called ford they told me that wasn't true so not only hiding the repairs from me they lied to me about the autocheck this hurts that they would do something like this tell they made it right with me I will never bought a car again from them and I will let it well known how wrong they did me and my wife shame on them

January 17, 2014

Stacy, I am so sorry to hear of this situation. This is a business practice that we don't take lightly. If you could call Tiffany Ramsey at 316.462.3673 ext. 3261 and explain what happened she will be more than willing to help make things right.