Mel Hambelton Ford

11771 W Kellogg St, Wichita, KS 67209

New 866-914-3171
Used 866-690-2192
Service 888-349-3419

We're better we're proving it you be the judge!

Make sure you ask for John Santellan!

by from Wichita, KS |

I recently visited Mel Hambelton Ford and had the pleasure to meet Sales Consultant John Santellan while shopping for a Ford Mustang with and for my daughter. I have bought numerous cars in my lifetime, but I have never experienced the customer service and professionalism I enjoyed with John. John had the wherewithal to make my daughter a real part of the buying experience. He was extremely patient in dealing with a sixteen year old that was unsure of the color or package options she wanted in her first car. John let her test drive all of the different vehicles she was interested in and took care in explaining the differences of each. When she narrowed her choice to two vehicles, he pulled them both to a vacant spot on the lot so she could see them side by side. He never rushed her to make a decision and acted as if we were the only people that mattered to him at the time. Once a decision was made on the vehicle, John turned his attention to me. In past experiences, purchasing a car has been a tedious task with the back and forth tactics of negotiation. Not so with John and Mel Hambelton Ford. I spoke frankly with John about what I was looking for in our transaction and he made it happen with one visit to the Sales Manager. In the end, my daughter left with the car of her dreams and I left with the best car buying experience I've ever had. The next time I'm in the market for a Ford automobile I will most certainly visit Mel Hambelton Ford and I won't deal with anyone other than John Santellan. If you're in the market for a Ford as well, I highly suggest you pay John a visit.

April 7, 2014

Mike! We are so glad you had such a wonderful experience. We are always working on our customer service because we know taking care of our customers... or our family rather... is the #1 priority. We hope your daughter enjoys her mustang for the years to come and we look forward to helping you with anything else in the future! Thanks again!

Great Service

by from Wichita KS |

Mr. Craig Brown was vey helpful walking me through every step in the process of buying my 2015 Escape. He even road with me while I test drove the car. He even explained all the bells and whistles of operating the car.

December 19, 2014

Teresa C, thank you for your positive review! Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and we're glad Craig was able to provide that for you. Please give us a call if you ever need anything in the future. Enjoy your 2015 Escape!

Perfect car & perfect customer service

by from Haysville, KS |

Stan Bogdan took time to learn my needs and wants and helped me find the perfect vehicle for my family. I love my new car and the ease Mel Hambleton Ford made the process.

December 13, 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive review with everyone here at Cars.com! Stan will be happy and appreciative to see your review. If you need anything in the future please give Stan or the dealership a call!

Very friendly

by from Wichita, KS |

Joel did a good job, and he was not pushy. He did his best to help us find what we were looking for. Joel was very friendly, and he did not waste our time. We are pleased with the buying experience, and we are enjoying the new car! The quality of repairs rating is due to the door ding not coming out all the way. It looks much better than it did, but part of the deal was to have that repaired.

December 10, 2014

SGraves, thank you again for your positive review. We appreciate the time you have taken to spread your positive words about Joel! We apologize about not fixing the door ding completely. Please contact Joel if he can help with this in any way. Thank you again and have a great day.

potential customer lost

by from wichita, ks |

I went to an event that Mel Hambelton Ford was hosting, the event was great. I was leaving the event and found that my car had been back into in their parking lot. (Private property, yes I know) I went and spoke with a manager who came out and looked at my vehicle with me, that manager wrote down where my car was, my name and phone number and said he would give me a call after someone had looked at the security cameras the next day. The next day can around and I didn't get a call, then day after I called and got the run around that someone would call me back. No one called me back. About 3 days later I got a hold of someone again saying they would have someone look at the cameras to see if they can see who hit my car and call me back in a day or two because their security company had to review the footage. No one called me back, my insurance company called and spoke with them and she got the same answer. I never got a call back and the gentleman I spoke with wouldn't answer my calls. Mel Hambelton is a joke, I was more than likely going to get my car fixed there. Just because I wasn't buying a car, they didn't want to help me. They had multiple people tell me that they would look at the security footage, one guy who had been working there for 5 years didn't even know they had cameras on the lot. If they would of told me sorry we have no way of looking then I would have to accept that, but the lied many times. You can't tell me that if someone stole a car off the lot that they wouldn't be looking at the cameras for that. So I want to give Mel Hambelton a big thanks for NOTHING. You guys don't car about customers at all unless they can personally make you money. I will never be one of your customers and I will tell people to stay away and never go to you for a car or any service. The way you handled this situation was very poor. You lost me as a potential customer forever, you may not care about just one but I promise I will tell everyone I talk cars with to go somewhere else.

December 10, 2014

We apologize for your experience. I know our public relations director, Cris Schul, has been looking into this situation for you. Please give her a call at 316-462-3673 ext:3269 or email at cristina.schul@mhford.com for an update. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Fair deal, nice salesperson

by from McPherson, KS |

Jan Pruitt was my sales person. He was able to develop an excellent rapport with me and we spent a considerable amount of time looking at vehicles. I would recommend going in during the week because it is really crazy on Saturdays and Jan can spend more time with you. They sell a lot of cars and I understand why. The buying process was four stars because I was really "low balled" on the trade at the start so you will have to do the same preparation that you would have to do before entering any dealership. In the end the deal was very fair. Jan deserves a ten and I would recommend him to anyone who needs a new Ford product. I have bought vehicles in the past from both Wichita Ford dealerships and this is the one that you need to go to.

September 2, 2014

Broncos Rule, Jan will absolutely appreciate your kind review! We also want to thank you for choosing us for your next vehicle. If there's anything else you need, be sure to know Jan will be more than happy to take care of you. Thanks again!

Not so scary...

by from Manhattan, KS |

I came to Mel Hambleton for my first car purchase. Seeing my parents purchase cars growing up, I was intimidated and scared to do the whole process by myself. Ryan Trilli made it so easy and such a great experience. I never once felt pressured to purchase anything and Ryan went above and beyond to make sure I got the best deal and exactly what fit my needs. Thanks again Ryan for everything!!!

September 2, 2014

Thank you for the review H_A_Patterson! We're glad Ryan was able to make the experience a good one. If there's anything else you need, Ryan will be more than happy to help so don't hesitate to give him a call. Enjoy your new vehicle!

just looking

by from Wichita,kansas |

We are very happy to have had Tariq as the salesman who helped us when we bought our car. No pressure, just helped us with the car we were looking for and didn't try to sell us something we didn't want.He is a very low keyed nice guy to deal with.Yes ! we would buy again from Mel Hambelton.

July 22, 2014

routerunner1, We greatly appreciate your kind review! Tariq has been with us forever and he will be happy to know he was able to help you with everything you needed! If there's anything else you ever need don't hesitate to give him a call. Enjoy your new car!

Great experience!

by from Anthony, KS |

This is the 2nd truck that I have bought from MH and both times, Reggie has been my salesman. He is excellent to work with and goes out of his way to help me find exactly what I want. I will tell anyone I know looking for a new or used vehicle to visit Reggie.

July 22, 2014

Mike, Thank you for your positive review. Reggie will be happy with your kind words. We always strive to put the customer first and surpass all of their expectations. Enjoy your 2nd truck!

Great service!

by from St. Louis, MO |

I recently bought a new Ford Explorer from Mel Hambelton, and Phil Nightingale and his team did a wonderful job. I received great service, and the dealership had great selection. I know for a fact that I was given a good price on my Explorer (I compared prices to other dealers - MH won hands-down), and I was given a very solid credit for my trade-in. I've always received good maintenance service from MH, so I'm confident that I'll be taken care of into the future. Overall, I recommend Mel Hambelton everyone - best dealership in Wichita!

July 2, 2014

Luke, our number one goal is customer satisfaction and we're happy we could meet your expectations once again! Thank you for your review and we hope you enjoy your new Explorer!

Great selection, terrible salesman

by from Wichita, KS |

The salesman we had was very bad. He tried to pressure us heavily on a lot of things. He also ran our credit history WITHOUT our consent even though we told them we were financing through a bank. It doesn't hurt our credit score but it can make creditors skeptical when there are a lot of credit inquiries. Also, they tripled the trade-in value of my previous vehicle, so use that as a bargaining tool!

May 20, 2014

OsmiumVIII, We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a satisfactory experience with us. We'd like to hear more about this. If you could call or email our public relations manager, Cristina Schul, at 316-462-3673 ext:3269 or cristina.schul@mhford.com we'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your honest review.