Mel Hambelton Ford

11771 W Kellogg St, Wichita, KS 67209

New 866-914-3171
Used 866-690-2192
Service 888-349-3419

We're better we're proving it you be the judge!

Make sure you ask for John Santellan!

by from Wichita, KS |

I recently visited Mel Hambelton Ford and had the pleasure to meet Sales Consultant John Santellan while shopping for a Ford Mustang with and for my daughter. I have bought numerous cars in my lifetime, but I have never experienced the customer service and professionalism I enjoyed with John. John had the wherewithal to make my daughter a real part of the buying experience. He was extremely patient in dealing with a sixteen year old that was unsure of the color or package options she wanted in her first car. John let her test drive all of the different vehicles she was interested in and took care in explaining the differences of each. When she narrowed her choice to two vehicles, he pulled them both to a vacant spot on the lot so she could see them side by side. He never rushed her to make a decision and acted as if we were the only people that mattered to him at the time. Once a decision was made on the vehicle, John turned his attention to me. In past experiences, purchasing a car has been a tedious task with the back and forth tactics of negotiation. Not so with John and Mel Hambelton Ford. I spoke frankly with John about what I was looking for in our transaction and he made it happen with one visit to the Sales Manager. In the end, my daughter left with the car of her dreams and I left with the best car buying experience I've ever had. The next time I'm in the market for a Ford automobile I will most certainly visit Mel Hambelton Ford and I won't deal with anyone other than John Santellan. If you're in the market for a Ford as well, I highly suggest you pay John a visit.

April 7, 2014

Mike! We are so glad you had such a wonderful experience. We are always working on our customer service because we know taking care of our customers... or our family rather... is the #1 priority. We hope your daughter enjoys her mustang for the years to come and we look forward to helping you with anything else in the future! Thanks again!

Will not go anywhere else!

by from Wichita KS |

This is the second car in 3 years I've purchased from Mel Hambelton. I was in a wreck and it totaled my car out so I went back there. I told Ryan Tirilli what I wanted and my price. After looking at all options he showed me numbers for leasing a car. I was very pleased he looked at that as an option for me. Trust me I can't stand looking for cars but the way Ryan goes about the business is first class all the way. I will never go to anyone or anywhere else in the future and I will go back in a few years to get my soon to be wife her new car. I never usually write these reviews but I feel at this point I need to tell everyone to at least give this dealership a shot!!

Helping an old man

by from Lincoln Ks. |

Helping an old man out. I had leased a 2013 fusion from Mel Hambelton Ford and really enjoyed the car. I will be 76 in april and My wife and I had a hard time getting in and out of the car though at first buying the fusion we wasn't having this problem. What a difference a few years make. We now own a 2015 Ford Escape thanks to these good people. I live in Lincoln, Ks. and there are closer dealerships but I like the service they give. That's what keeps me coming back. I don't remember all the names I dealt with that day but all was courteous and helpful. I highly recommend them. They also have great food there for lunch.

Working on our behalf

by from Wichita, KS |

We came to Obi our sales guy with very challenging credit n he worked tirelessly to get us a good deal on a new car. He treated us like human beings during the whole experience, along with the finance team. I recommend Obi for your next car purchase!

Quite accommodating!

by from Worthington, Mn |

I recently bought a 2010 Corvette from MH ford. I was buying it without seeing it as I found it on line and live Approx. 550 miles away. Jon Jackson was very accommodating on most of my request for info on the used car. He was able to send me videos of a walk around on the car showing how clean the car was. Although not all minor scuffs were seen on the video it was represented quite well. I had to have MH ford transport the Vette for me to Minnesota. I was quite apprehensive about this as this Vette as now "My Baby"! The car showed up in good shape and you could not have asked for a better transport driver(Bob H.). He was the best! Overall my experience was very good. I was taking quite a chance doing this long distance deal but MH ford took good care of me. Now I just can't wait for Spring to arrive next May so I can enjoy my purchase!

buy a car

by from Kansas |

Had contact with internet sales person and a car salesman. Requested information several times for 3 weeks from both of them, no one returned anything to me.

January 6, 2015

steve126, We are very sorry this has been your experience. We'd really like to find out what happened and who you talked to. Would you be able give Cris Schul, our public relation director, a call or email? Her number is 316-462-3673 ext. 3269 and her email is cristina.schul@mhford.com. Again, we apologize and hope to get this fixed as soon as possible. Look forward to talking with you.

Great Service

by from Wichita KS |

Mr. Craig Brown was vey helpful walking me through every step in the process of buying my 2015 Escape. He even road with me while I test drove the car. He even explained all the bells and whistles of operating the car.

December 19, 2014

Teresa C, thank you for your positive review! Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and we're glad Craig was able to provide that for you. Please give us a call if you ever need anything in the future. Enjoy your 2015 Escape!

Perfect car & perfect customer service

by from Haysville, KS |

Stan Bogdan took time to learn my needs and wants and helped me find the perfect vehicle for my family. I love my new car and the ease Mel Hambleton Ford made the process.

December 13, 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive review with everyone here at Cars.com! Stan will be happy and appreciative to see your review. If you need anything in the future please give Stan or the dealership a call!

Very friendly

by from Wichita, KS |

Joel did a good job, and he was not pushy. He did his best to help us find what we were looking for. Joel was very friendly, and he did not waste our time. We are pleased with the buying experience, and we are enjoying the new car! The quality of repairs rating is due to the door ding not coming out all the way. It looks much better than it did, but part of the deal was to have that repaired.

December 10, 2014

SGraves, thank you again for your positive review. We appreciate the time you have taken to spread your positive words about Joel! We apologize about not fixing the door ding completely. Please contact Joel if he can help with this in any way. Thank you again and have a great day.

potential customer lost

by from wichita, ks |

I went to an event that Mel Hambelton Ford was hosting, the event was great. I was leaving the event and found that my car had been back into in their parking lot. (Private property, yes I know) I went and spoke with a manager who came out and looked at my vehicle with me, that manager wrote down where my car was, my name and phone number and said he would give me a call after someone had looked at the security cameras the next day. The next day can around and I didn't get a call, then day after I called and got the run around that someone would call me back. No one called me back. About 3 days later I got a hold of someone again saying they would have someone look at the cameras to see if they can see who hit my car and call me back in a day or two because their security company had to review the footage. No one called me back, my insurance company called and spoke with them and she got the same answer. I never got a call back and the gentleman I spoke with wouldn't answer my calls. Mel Hambelton is a joke, I was more than likely going to get my car fixed there. Just because I wasn't buying a car, they didn't want to help me. They had multiple people tell me that they would look at the security footage, one guy who had been working there for 5 years didn't even know they had cameras on the lot. If they would of told me sorry we have no way of looking then I would have to accept that, but the lied many times. You can't tell me that if someone stole a car off the lot that they wouldn't be looking at the cameras for that. So I want to give Mel Hambelton a big thanks for NOTHING. You guys don't car about customers at all unless they can personally make you money. I will never be one of your customers and I will tell people to stay away and never go to you for a car or any service. The way you handled this situation was very poor. You lost me as a potential customer forever, you may not care about just one but I promise I will tell everyone I talk cars with to go somewhere else.

December 10, 2014

We apologize for your experience. I know our public relations director, Cris Schul, has been looking into this situation for you. Please give her a call at 316-462-3673 ext:3269 or email at cristina.schul@mhford.com for an update. Again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

Fair deal, nice salesperson

by from McPherson, KS |

Jan Pruitt was my sales person. He was able to develop an excellent rapport with me and we spent a considerable amount of time looking at vehicles. I would recommend going in during the week because it is really crazy on Saturdays and Jan can spend more time with you. They sell a lot of cars and I understand why. The buying process was four stars because I was really "low balled" on the trade at the start so you will have to do the same preparation that you would have to do before entering any dealership. In the end the deal was very fair. Jan deserves a ten and I would recommend him to anyone who needs a new Ford product. I have bought vehicles in the past from both Wichita Ford dealerships and this is the one that you need to go to.

September 2, 2014

Broncos Rule, Jan will absolutely appreciate your kind review! We also want to thank you for choosing us for your next vehicle. If there's anything else you need, be sure to know Jan will be more than happy to take care of you. Thanks again!