Larson Hyundai

7601 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA 98409

New 877-892-2370
Used 877-468-5751
Service 877-633-7230

Home of the Hyundai Price Match Guarantee!!

They sold my car!

by from San Diego |

So i wanted to buy a new Veloster Turbo when i seen there car online. Im in the military stationed in San Diego. I called up there and told them i had family there and would like to buy a car and come visit them. I talked to Steve-o and he was very nice. I told him i found a white veloster turbo in idaho where i also had family and wanted to know if he would bet there price. He said he would bet the price by $200 which put the car at $25,200. I gave him all my and my wifes info and my credit card to hold a deposit on the car. The car was not in the states yet which was good because i couldnt get up there until the end of the month. I called several times to make sure that the car would be there when we flew up there so i had a way to get back to San Diego. He told me everything was fine that it was in and all good to go. I was suppose to fly in monday, the friday before, Steve-o Called me and said that they had lost the car, that corporate had taken it. It was 3 days before i was to fly up there and now i didnt have a car and no way to get back. I talked to their manager and he said he had never had this happen before and that the owners know and that they were going to do what ever they could to help me out. I told them that i would take a few other colors. They said they would be able to get me one because they would just do a dealer trade. Waiting for hours for an answer, i called back. They were out working with other customers when they told me they were trying furiously to find me a new car. The manager would not call me back. I finally talked to steve again and he said that there were not any cars on the west coast and they could not get me that car. I looked online and the first thing i found was a black one 30 miles away from them. I told steve to see if they could get the dealer trade and he told me that there was too much heat on it now that i called to insure it was still there and they could not do anything. After that they never called me back and left me to fend for myself. I cannot believe this kind of treat me from a business. I have filed a complaint with Hyundai.

Larson Hyundai responded to this review

October 5, 2012

As the customer stated: we did take a deposit. We did not have the car at the time the inquiry was made, so our sales person called the customer and let them know we could get the car but it would have to be traded from another dealership and the vehicle was still in bound from the factory. The other dealer told us that as soon as they got the car they would contact us to do a trade. When the date came up for the car to arrive at the other dealer, we called again and they informed us that they had sold the vehicle. There was not much we could do about this as it was "their car" to begin with. We searched all the local dealers and even expanded our search to California, Montana, Idaho, and Oregon. Since we did not have a turbo to trade back the other dealers would not trade us a turbo and we couldn't find a color to match that requested by the customer. At this point in time we refunded the customers deposit. We found a black one (the customer expanded his color options to include black) at another dealer but when we called to trade for it (hoping they would trade it for a non turbo) we were told it had already been sold. We certainly sympathize with the customer, we went above and beyond and exhausted every avenue we had available to us. This vehicle is incredibly popular and very hard to come by. We apologize for any inconvenience the customer has experienced this situation is not a normal one and this typically does not happen but we don't have much control over another dealership trading a vehicle to us.

repair

by from tacoma wa |

Larson Hyundai responded to this review

January 13, 2012

Hello! I just wanted to take a quick moment to make sure that the score you provide us is correct. I noticed that you commented "the service dept is friendly and helpful. the buying process was friendly and quick" but you gave us 1 out of 5 stars on all the categories. Is there something we could have done better to earn a higher score or was this a mistake? Thank you so much for your feedback! We look forward to seeing you again! Philip Adams Business and Development Director philipadams@looklarson.com

Consistent Service Quality

by from Tacoma, WA |

Since moving to Tacoma, I have had my Santa Fe serviced at Larson three times: twice for a routine oil change and once for my 100,000 mile service. Making an appointment or talking to a service consultant on the phone is super easy. The service is always done well, and they provide you an easy-to-read inspection review afterwards. I will say that the bill for my 100,000-mile service was a HUGE shock, so I wish there was more up front discussion about the costs of upkeep-type services. Still, though, now I know to ask, so I'll continue to go there.

Competent & Friendly

by from Tacoma, WA |

Always great service and using the coupons sent via email the value is incredible.

Fast, professional service

by from Gig Harbor, WA |

Our 1.5 year-old Hyundai Elantra Touring had a fuel door that would not open without a lot of coaxing. Service Advisor Glenn Parkin took the car in at exactly the appointed time, saw to it that the repair was carried and got me on my way in less than 30 minutes. We've had less than satisfactory experiences with the sales side of this business but the repair shop is well run and knows what it's doing. This was all the more impressive since it was a no-cost repair. High marks for the mechanics and service advisor.

Mud Guard Installation

by from Tacoma Washington |

I was a little disappointed in the time it took for the installation.i was waiting almost an hour and a half. Although service did do an overall vehicle check including replacing a windshield wiper blade. I kinda think the streaking mid windshield might be a design flaw and I can live with that. I was so sorry for the error on my part about the payment for the mud guard kit. I had thought I had pre-paid when in fact I did not, so that part did delay the whole process. I did receive a discount for the labor. Overall,I will most certainly continue to have this dealership take care of my needs.

Hyundai Elantra 2012

by from Tacoma Washington |

I was very satisfied with my new car purchase. The whole staff from the salesman, manager, finance were all very accomadating and helpful. They made my buying experience one i will never forget. ai would definitely recommend this dealership to my friends and family.

New Elantra Owner

by from Tacoma, Washington |

I wanted to thank Larson Hyundai for the excellent service in my new car purchase. All the staff were wonderful; Corbin in sales, the Manager Terry, and Valerie in findancing. I hope to receive the same in my ongoing service of my car.

Buying Experience

by from Port Orchard, WA |

The Buyer Assistat was very professional and easy going, which made the buying experience pleasant. He tried to meet my needs half way. Went above and beyond to get what I want or close to it. My experience was great. I would recommend to others.