Capitol Chevrolet

Service 888-377-5984

DGDG.com - Be Happy!

Paul was great! Happy Volt Buyer

by from San Francisco California |

For the last decade, I've owned or leased a Honda. When the company I work for decided to put in EV stations, it definitely got my attention. Once I heard the HOV stickers would be available, I started thinking seriously about an EV! So I shot over an email to Capitol Chevy to see what kind of deal I could get. I kept getting email after email, with different info, pictures, and I'm thinking, what the heck is up with this guy!? I never told him to stop, and in a couple weeks after I got back from vacation, I was like, hey, what was his #??? Then I was happy I had emails at my fingertips :) After setting up an appt to meet with Paul Duran, I was still having second thoughts. I had just paid off my Honda, but every time I pulled into a gas station (even with my great MPG car!), and every time I was in stop

Don't trust this dealer!

by from San Jose |

1. Be prepared for zero negotiation on a used car purchase. They will show you a KBB retail price, which my research showed ranges about $2000 above what any on-line search service will identify as "market rate". When asked, what could we do to make this deal?, I gave them 3 choices. They ignored all of them and said they could offer a free oil change. 2. Don't expect more than an exterior rinse when promised a "full detail". We found soda drink straws and spilled liquid on the center console. We found hair in multiple places. The inside was clearly not touched. The outside was not even wiped down. I would expect at least Armor-All to clean. Not even! I will have to go get a nice roadside car wash, and they will surely do a better job than this place. 3. If you do not observe whatever is missing at the test drive, don't expect to get it later. We assumed that under the paper floor protection we had standard floor mats. Wrong again. Their response? Sold as-is, too bad. Now I have to shop for a complete set that is missing, which they intentionally fail to disclose. At least $150. 4. Return the bad deal within 3 days? Our salesman was conveniently "unavailable" for exactly 3 days. He claimed to have notified his General Manager by email of our concern. Phone calls and emails will get no response for the 3 day recission period. Bet on it! 5. My conclusion - this whole operation from General Manager down to detail worker could care less about the customer (sucker), especially as soon as you look sold. I would NOT trust them for anything.

Used Car Sales at It's Worse

by from San Jose, ca |

You hear the stories about "Used Car Sales" people but you have to actually experience it to understand how bad it can be. You need to read this before you consider doing business with them. 1) They lied to me about the value of my trade-in. When I asked them about Kelly Blue Book and Edmonds they said they are way way to high in their valuations. They are not accurate. Capitol Chevrolet really knows the value rather than these sources. My car was in mint condition . They said there was damage and I asked where and they said a little scratch. That was why they took almost $3000 off the value. The car they had that I was interested in has several spots painted over with nail polish and they said that did not impact the value. But a scratch you had to get a magnifying class to see on my car drops the price on my car by almost $3,000? 2) They were asking for $4,000 above the KKB "mint condition" Retail price for the car I was looking at. How does that fit with their statement that KKB and Edmonds is way over prices and not accurate? Their car was in average condition. 3) Before I came in I spoke with them on the phone and they said they would work with me on the price their car. Boy, they sure did a good job of getting me to come in and a great job on working on the price. Classic used car sales technique. And it goes on and on. Misleading statement after misleading statement and a few lies thrown in to boot. I literally had to take a shower when I go home to feel clean after that experience. The people I dealt with were dishonest, evasive, and flat out lied. Make sure that they is the type of people you want to deal with before you go see them or speak with them on the phone.

I'm a little surprised they do well

by from Mountain View |

I felt my sales person, Kevin Rodriguez, worked very hard to be helpful and courteous. He didn't leave me the feeling he was milking me for leveraging information. However, in deciding whether to lease or not, I asked him to send me a copy of the lease agreement to study at home (they are a couple pages of fine print!) He double checked with the higher ups who declared it "company policy" not to let me see it until I first came in and agreed on a price. Seriously? Nice big red flag there! I haven't been back. I didn't see any reason to blame the salesman. I hold against the company.

waste of time & bad experience

by from SF |

I called and asked if they give trade in value. They said Yes. I told Richi Riveira that I have a 2003 Mercedes C230K with 120K miles on it. He said please bring it in, it has low miles and we can give you a good trade-in value for it. I tested the car I wanted while he was appraising my car. He came back with a value of $500.00. I thought he was kidding in the begining. I couldn't believe it. $500 for a Kempressor C230 Coupe. He insulted me. I told him I can't do business with you and left.

Under a tent for remodel but still working hard

by from San Jose, CA |

The sales people were not pushy at all. I had a quick and easy process. Much better service then Courtesy Chevrolet.