Century 3 Kia

2483 LEBANON CHURCH RD, WEST MIFFLIN, PA 15122

New 888-944-2916
Used 866-563-7269
Service 877-364-9589

Big John Daly joins the team! Tell em Big John sent ya!

Continue

by from Pittsburgh PA |

I'm not going to go into too much more detail, other than to say that Dave and Mario, the men sent out, with me in toe, traveled Robinson, tracked down the part and Dave repaired it in the mall parking lot. $150, out of my pocket to just make it end....$150 that YOUR service department refused to dish out for, most likely, THEIR screw up. But, it's not about the money, it's not about the repair, it's not even about what happened to my vehicle. It's about YOUR customer service in your service department. There is none. Though I has good car buying experiences here, I would NEVER recommend ANYONE buy a car here and have to be subjected to your service department. After posting a brief summary of our experience on social media, I have come to find that this kind of poor treatment from the service department at C3 Kia is common place. My friends at C3 Kia, you have now reached the status of your counter-part across the street. Trust me, that is NOT a good thing. I think I will be taking my cars to Monroeville Kia, from now on, like other former customers of yours. You can thank Don, you service manager personally, for that.

Let's see

by from Pittsburgh PA |

We have purchased 2 cars here. A 2010 Chrysler Town and Country was purchased almost 3 years ago and a 2014 Kia Rio, a bit over a month ago. When we bought the Town and Country, we also purchased an extended warranty, which meant, like or not, we used C3 Kia for service. In the past few years, we have had 2 issues with the van that has required service. Both times, the vehicle was fixed, using the warranty (the first time, I had to contact the warranty company myself. The tech with C3 Kia informed me that he had called the company, and they told him that the service wasn't covered. With my contract, stating that it WAS covered in front of me, I contacted the warranty company, personally, and was informed that NO TECH from C3 Kia had ever contacted them about our repairs...liars...should have been a HUGH red flag right there), albeit, the work was done and was shoddy, at best. Yesterday, at 8:50 am, I brought my minivan in for an oil change and inspection. My car was in tip-top condition when I handed the keys over to them. No leaks, no squeaks, no shakes, no rattles. at 10:55, my car was finished and I was on my way. I went straight to my mother's house, which is a less than 5 mile drive, parked in their driveway, ran something into the house and we were on our way again. As I was driving toward Robinson Township, my mother calls me and informs me that "something was leaking from my van", and it leaked onto her newly paved driveway. Not knowing why or what, we continued. As we came toward The Mall at Robinson, we hit a red light and white smoke began pouring out of the hood of my van. Being, literally, 2 minutes from the mall, I continue, pull into a space and my husband opens the hood to find the entire inside covered in fluid. At the moment, in the confusion, we were unsure what the fluid was...oil, transmission fluid, anti-freeze? I call C3 Kia and tell them that we have a problem, that "oil or some fluid" was all over the place and we were stuck...something needed to be done. The man (Dave), who did the oil change (going on the assumption that it was oil that has leaked) and another man were sent out to the mall to meet us. Long story short, turns out there was a crack in a radiator hose. The phone was handed to my husband with the service manager on the line, who immediately began to deny ANY and ALL responsibility (this may or MAY NOT be the case. FACT: my car was 100% when dropped off. My car was BROKE with in 5 minutes of C3 Kia touching it). Knowing that he wasn't going to get anywhere, my husband hands me the phone. The man on the other end was ridiculously combative, right from the get go. I asked him with whom I was speaking with, he replied "the service manager" and went right into denial mode. I asked him again, what is your name. He told me "Service Manager", I asked if he would produce a birth certificate that would, indeed, indicate that his name was Service Manager. He was not pleased at the fact that I would not let him bully me and the conversation went straight down hill. Your service manager, who I came to find out was Don, informed me that I should consider myself lucky. That worse things had happened to cars 5 minutes after it was driving off of your lot (yes, YOUR service manager stated this....verbatim.) He also refused to let me talk to any one, but him. When he would tell me that he wasn't going to argue with me, I would ask him why he was continuing too, please transfer me to the general manager, he would refuse. I kept referring to the GM has "him" and "he" and Don informed me that the GM was a "her". Is your GM, Paul a women? Continue in new post....

feeling very frustrated

by from Pittsburgh pa |

We purchased our used 2011 kia sorento in late july. The second week we had our car the air conditioner needed fixed. It had a clogged hose and I had over an inch of water on my passenger floor. Mind u I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant at this time and I have a 14 month old child. I called n called n called for two days trying to get a loaner vehicle. I got the run around and lied to. Finally I went up in person and lo n behold I had a rental car within ten mins but when I had called when I was on my way there they were still telling me they had none. I was so mad. Great to stress out a woman who is 7 1/2 months pregnant. Now its exactly 1 month later and I'm having problems again. Now its the car stalling out on me! !!! So I called and was told this time to check the battery if its not that then bring it in for service. .... when I asked about a loaner car cause now I'm due any day with this baby they gave me the run around and then said they don't usually ever do loaners for service but yet that's what I had the loaner for last time...service to my air conditioner! !!! So I bought a car about 60 days ago and now I'm having alllll this trouble from the car and from this dealership! !! This is crazy!! 4 people in our families asked us about going there to purchase a car n we don't know what to say!!

September 30, 2013

Amy, my name is Don Shock and I am the Service Manager here at Century 3 Kia. I was very concerned to hear about your negative experience here with us. If you would like to discuss this matter further please call me at 412-466-1466 x 3837, or if you ever have any issues whatsoever, please don't hesitate to email SHOCK@CENTURY3KIA.COM or give me a call at the number listed above. Thanks Again, Don

Freaking Terrible

by from pittsburgh, pa |

I recently purchased a vehicle from this place and a week later my driver door doesnt open also my steering wheel was loose and making a squeak sound so that fixed the wheel but my door still hesitates to open and on top of that Travis put me in a lemon to come to find out my car was totaled explaining why the bumper looks completly repainted and the door doesnt work

September 30, 2013

James, my name is Don Shock and I am the Service Manager here at Century 3 Kia. I was very concerned to hear about your negative experience here with us. If you would like to discuss this matter further please call me at 412-466-1466 x 3837, or if you ever have any issues whatsoever, please don't hesitate to email SHOCK@CENTURY3KIA.COM or give me a call at the number listed above. Thanks Again, Don

Never again

by from plesant hills pa |

I bought a brand new 2013 optima in september last year. I started to have problems with it in july, the vehicle vibrates. I took it to the dealership to get looked at. They told me that it was a left front axle and they would order the part and call me in a couple days to set up an appointment. Over a week later I finally called and they finally gave me an appointment for 10 days later. I picked my car up after getting it fixed just to realize on my way home tgat the car was still vibrating. I called againg to bring it in. They looked at it again and called me to tell me that they dont know whas wrong with it but its safe to drive and they would call me the next day after hearing from coporate. They never called me and wont return my calls. If the dont know what it is that makes ny car vibrate badly how do thwy know its safe????

September 10, 2013

Tracy, my name is Don Shock and I am the Service Manager here at Century 3 Kia. I was very concerned to hear about your negative experience here with us. If you would like to discuss this matter further please call me at 412-466-1466 x 3837, or if you ever have any issues whatsoever, please don't hesitate to email SHOCK@CENTURY3KIA.COM or give me a call at the number listed above. Thanks Again, Don

Don't ignore the reviews...

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

Before I bought my car, I did significant research on the car...not so much the dealerships. Being in customer service myself, I feel that often, people only write reviews and provide feedback for negative experiences. Also, I will let you know, that because of that same customer service experience I have, I never write negative reviews and always feel people deserve second chances and make mistakes. Well, I should've listened to the reviews, and I am writing to tell you that I've given them their second, and third chances since I bought the car in March 2013. The story in short goes like this...girl knows what she wants, girl goes to dealership, girl drives car and girl purchases. Now, the car had "just come in for a big sale" and not been detailed yet nor gone for the overall million point maintenance that they claim to do. So no big deal; I'm an understanding and trusting person, so I buy the car, they give me a loaner until mine is ready in 2-3 days. Four days later I get a call that my car is finally ready. I think, "Wow! They must have taken a lot of time and care with it!" No. I go to get the car, we trade the keys and I am so excited I get in and start leaving. This is where it begins. Zero, i mean ZERO gas in the car, so I putted to the nearest gas station. I know I was supposed to be given at least 1/2 tank, but I was too excited and in a hurry to get home, and I figured it would take too long to turn around, ask them to fill it and wait. So I took care of it. Next day in the daylight, I notice that when I open the back door, there is a HUGE chocolate like stain that wasn't cleaned...and I don't remember that whatsoever when I testdrove the car. Next, the little "people" on the back windows of cars? Yeah, still plenty of remnants of them there...I had to take care of that too. What about the chips and cookie crumbs in the backseat? Well, I guess they thought I might be hungry later... And then, about a month later, the rough shifting of the car is getting worse by the day. Mind you, this is something I was told was normal for AWD vehicles as I've never had one before. I tried to check my own transmission fluid (which you really can't on newer cars) and noticed that the engine coolant is 100% empty...I think to myself that this is a problem either way...1) they didn't do well on that million point check on the vehicle if they missed this, or 2) it was filled, but only being 2 months later it's an indicator of a much larger problem. So I go allllll the way back to the dealer. Told it's a recall that had never been performed. In and out in 1 1/2 hrs. Cool!! 1 week later, problem is still there and getting worse by the day...one would think with a transmission problem on a newly purchased car, they would be kind and helpful and respectful? Noooooo....not at Century 3! So, as I'm still dealing with my problems from them and false promises, I urge you to PLEASE, PLEASE be careful where you buy your car from, do your homework, and I will also tell you that Jim Shorkey is now helping me very kindly with problems they didn't cause and even though I didn't go shell out all my money to them, they are being very kind, respectful and fixing the car. Good luck in the painful process of purchasing your new vehicle!

June 27, 2013

We have since corrected the problems with this customers car. It was an older vehicle that we tried to make new again. They were in a hurry to pick up their car so the detail did show it. We try our best to satisfy all our customers and all cars come with warranty and must be right when they leave our lot, sometimes mistakes are made but we always strive to make them right.

Terrible all the way around!!!!!

by from Elizabeth,pa |

I went in to buy a NEW Kia soul that they had advertised left with a used Chevy. They told me to bring it back to get detailed and a few other minor things. It's been 28 days and I still do not have the car! I just made my first car payment and I've only drove this car 5 days! When I was up the dealership the salesman kept walking away from me while I was speaking my concerns with him. I ask to speak to a manager many times and NEVER had one help me. I tried calling to get ahold of a manager specifically ask NOT to talk to the guy who sold me the car and still they had the guy who sold me the car call me back and NOT a manager!!! I have hated every single minute of this experience! Still do not have the car I'm paying for! Worst place of business I've ever seen!

July 24, 2012

Elizabeth, I am very sorry about your experience with Century 3 Kia and I know that we've taken the extra steps to order and fix specific parts on your new car. Please contact me directly to discuss at Extension 3831. Thank You, Emanuel Vrontos, Sales Manager

Never again

by from Pittsburgh |

I purchased a used vehicle from Century III Kia. After all the papers were signed and they took my trade in away, the salesperson began to show me all of the controls, etc... in my new vehicle. That is when I noticed it had no inspection stickers!! She Stated that they just forgot to put them on and it would only take a minute. I waited for 30 minutes, then it took 3 additional HOURS of searching and arguing with sales persons to locate the service manager. At that point he stated that he was having difficulty getting the vehicle to pass emissions inspection. They gave me a loaner vehicle until my new vehicle was drivable. I got into the loaner (a used vehicle on the lot ready for sale) and quickly realized that the breaks were VERY bad (grinding, grabbing, etc...). I left it in the middle of the lot and went back into the dealership. After again, much arguing, I was given a driveable vehicle to use. The vehicle that I purchased is still giving me problems, a year later and I have retained a lawyer to pursue the "breach of warranty act". A horrible experience. I will never go back for any reason and never recommend this dealership or the Kia brand to anyone.

July 19, 2013

I am sorry you feel this way as with any thing mechanical things are bound to go wrong, but we sure try to avoid it at all costs. I would like to help you in anyway that I can to change your bad perception if there is anything at all I can do for you please feel free to call me anytime. Rich Ward at 412-466-1466 ext 3832. Thank you.