SAAB of Memphis

Service 888-740-2132

Move Your Mind

Great sales and service.

by from Arlington, TN |

My salesman was great. Non pushy sales, over the top customer service and genuinely nice and caring. They couldn't have something repaired right away so we scheduled service and the repairs were done on time and LOOK GREAT!

April 30, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete the survey AND for your kind words. At Gwatney Saab of Memphis, we realize that we must strive for excellence in EVERY facet of customer interaction. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you in coming years. THANK YOU!

I had a great experience with SAAB of Memphis

by from Nashville, TN |

I contacted SAAB of Memphis about a car they had listed on Cars.com but unfortunately it had already been sold. They listed to what I wanted and contacted me a few days later when a similar car arrived on their lot. That was very helpful and showed me they listened to me and wanted to earn my business. Great folks.

No negotiation skills!

by from St Louis, MO |

I made an offer and the salesman didn't even acknowledge it. When I questioned the salesman about it, I was told to make a reasonable offer and "I surely don't expect to lose your business over numbers". I repeated my initial offer, which was only 7% below asking. They made no counter-offer, no bottom line price...just stated a dismissive "good luck in your search".

October 28, 2014

WantAnAudi I am sorry for your frustration.While technically speaking at Saab of Memphis and Gwatney Auto Sales we are not a one-price store we do utilize market-based pricing to price the cars and trucks we have available for sale. As such the prices we post or list on the internet and on the vehicle at the dealership reflect either the lowest price, best value, or the lowest price and best value available within a defined and relevant market. Car buyers are depending more and more on the internet for pricing and for information as to the type or types of cars they consider. Given the impact of the internet on the automotive industry especially as it relates to used vehicle sales, our policy is to price all of our vehicles to represent outstanding, best value or the lowest price available in our marketing area. We review and change prices on a weekly basis in order to maintain our position as such. At Saab of Memphis and Gwatney Auto Sales we also believe our pricing should be transparent, meaning the prices posted in our virtual showroom will be the same price you will observe posted on the actual vehicle should you visit our dealership's physical location at 2420 Covington Pike in Memphis Tennessee. The advantage of market-based pricing we utilize in both our virtual and real showrooms, is the vehicles that we offer for sale truly represent outstanding value and real savings for our customers who have taken the time to do their research and investigate pricing on the vehicles they desire. Most likely it was for this reason that you called us from the St. Louis area to begin with. Sometimes the unfortunate side of market-based pricing occurs when buyers want to haggle or negotiate pricing on unrealistic basis. As I stated earlier we are technically not at one price dealership and I can assure you we do not have the type of margin you wanted to negotiate. Please except my apologies as this apparently may not have been communicated to you in proper tone or manner. Since you did not indicate specifically which of the Audi's we have(had) in our inventory I cannot speak to the posted price or our pricing position,whether it was based on best value or lowest price. What I can say is that in the case of all used vehicles price always correlates with condition and prior usage. Given our ability to access relative knowledge of a specific vehicle or type of vehicle within a defined market area, the number of same types available for sale within that area, pricing on each of those cars listed specifically, along with the condition, history, and usage of each available vehicle specifically, we have the ability to price our vehicles through a market-based pricing tool to be in one of the top positions with regard to Lowest Price, Best Value, or both Lowest Price and Best Value combined. In addition we can and do offer our customers the market analysis that verifies how we determine pricing attesting to the outstanding price value offers we have available. Having been in the automotive business for many years,having both new and used car dealerships, I can say unequivocally the price you receive at the dealership will not be dependent upon your ability to haggle a best price or better deal. This is not to preclude however negotiations as it might relate to trades, additional maintenance or repair request,or reasonable offers. At Saab of Memphis and Gwatney Auto Sales we simply offer great prices and value to all of our customers,whether they shop with us in our virtual showroom on the web or physical show room in Memphis,Tennessee. In the nearly 60 years of history I have with the automotive industry I've learned what customers want most is an honest straightforward approach, I feel we achieve this through transparent market-based pricing, it's what we call "Car Buying Made Simple". If we can be of assistance on this basis please feel free to call me. Russell Gwatney 901-385-8700 Dealer Saab of Memphis Gwatney Auto Sales

Great staff

by from Memphis TN |

The best used car buying experience ever. The whole staff was great.

Easy, professional buying experience

by from Memphis TN |

We were looking for a used luxury automobile. Our salesperson, Jim approached us in a very thoughtful manner. He was helpful but not pushy or interfering in our process. We had our two year old with us. The dealership was very accomodating to our situation and was flexible in dealing with us. We felt we received a fair deal and did not have to spend all day there in order to get our car purchased. We would recommend stopping here to consider the inventory if the typical car sales process makes you squirm.

Auto Buying at its Best

by from Bartlett, TN |

I can truly say that Jim Gentry made the buying of two used vehicles yesterday (5/5/2014) a most enjoyable experience. From the time he spent with me on the front end to find out my desires, budget and expectations from a car, to painstakingly seeking to find that for which I was looking, to patiently explaining all various methods of getting both cars at the some time and involving my wife throughout the purchasing process, I can honestly say, I'm pleased! These men, "know their stuff" and have one of the highest rated, most followed service teams in the area. Do yourself a favor and let Jim Gentry "be the man" for you! Thanks Jim!

Great Customer Service

by from West Tn |

I was extremely impressed at their levrl of customer service. Their sales representative Henry was very friendly and knowledgeable. I did not buy car from them because they did not have what I was looking for, but I would consider buying from them in the future.

April 30, 2014

On behalf of Gwatney Saab of Memphis, I want to thank you for taking the time to write this review, particularly in view of the fact that you did not purchase a vehicle from us at that time. We look forward to the day that we CAN be of service to you! Again, THANK YOU!

quick and easy

by from Cordova,Tn |

We walked in the Dealership and were on our way home in less than 1 1/2 hours with our new to us used Dodge Caliber

Wonderful and hassle free

by from Cordova,Tn |

I had sucha good experience when i hsd 1 of my vehicles repaired there it was the only place i would bring my other vehicle for repairs and they dont sell either one of the vehicles i had serviced.

Fantastic

by from Memphis,Tn |

They are very friendly and helpful in every way possible.

Great experience.

by from Memphis, Tn |

Gwatney Saab provided me with the best experience in buying my car. They made the process very easy and simple. Thank you.